IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Where does he belong? I'm assuming by saying that you're insinuating we should sell him to a team that doesn't play possession based football? Where else CAN he play in this Sarri system.

Sell him? Fcuk no....but you dont need to have 20/20 eye-sight to see he does not belong there.

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Where does he belong? I'm assuming by saying that you're insinuating we should sell him to a team that doesn't play possession based football? Where else CAN he play in this Sarri system.

Some want the system tweaked to accommodate him, which makes the system unworkable. I have always said when you are trying to win a game, he is the 1st player you hook in the middle of the park.

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Some want the system tweaked to accommodate him, which makes the system unworkable. I have always said when you are trying to win a game, he is the 1st player you hook in the middle of the park.

He could easily play there in 4231.....this is EPL, you have to fiddle with the formation at some point to get them pts.

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If the system doesn’t work for one of the worlds best players, maybe the player isn’t the problem?

I could understand if you are saying that about Hazard, and would argue build the team around him. But why change a system that Hazard is flourishing in the accomodate a defensive player. Especially when we already have the third best defensive record in the league.

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I could understand if you are saying that about Hazard, and would argue build the team around him. But why change a system that Hazard is flourishing in the accomodate a defensive player. Especially when we already have the third best defensive record in the league.

Because maybe things could be even better if we occasionally mixed things up a bit. 

Jorginho wasn’t great today, struggled to get on the ball which meant the pace was being dictated by the centre backs who were giving the ball away cheaply by trying to play through the midfield. 

Maybe Kante playing deeper in those kind of games would help? 

I don’t know the answer but we’ve had a few games like today’s now where the midfield looks ineffective so maybe tweaking things around will help. 

Sad times for Kante.

Clearly struggling in his new role. His influence on games is nothing like it used to be.

If we forget what he has achieved previously and imagine Kante was a new signing this year, we would all be really questioning his place in the team.

I think he will continue to struggle in this system and with only 2 years left on his deal in the summer, he may well be considering his future if he can play in his natural position elsewhere.

Has anyone actually bothered to consider the fact that Kante might be enjoying himself trying to learn a new set of skills and improve himself as a footballer?

I mean I don’t just cook sausage & mash at work everyday because I’m good at it. I try to develope new dishes, techniques etc. until I’m comfortable at it and move on to the next thing.

Rumoured to be close to signing a new five year contract worth £290k a week. 

Good business tying him to a long term contract, even if there are question marks over his influence under Sarri's system he's still one of the world's best midfielders. 

A few assorted, possibly related, facts:

1. From today’s Guardian, “As for individuals [in the PL], few will be surprised that N’Golo Kanté tops the charts for covering the most distance so far this season.” 

2. In an interview about a month ago, Sarri said Kante was Chelsea’s only DM.

3. Chelsea, third in the PL, has given up the third fewest goals.

He'll be the scapegoat if the team doesn't win, that's for sure. But I actually think he is playing very well in his new role for the team. Yes, he is not Matuidi but N'golo is still everywhere. the problem is his muscle memory. He is dribbling well, he is covering hell, he is passing well and when he sees the box or an opportunity to shoot, his muscle memory shouts "stop". He doesn't have these habbits but the class is in there. the time will make him only better. It would be unmitigated disaster to lose him. 

8 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

He'll be the scapegoat if the team doesn't win, that's for sure. But I actually think he is playing very well in his new role for the team. Yes, he is not Matuidi but N'golo is still everywhere. the problem is his muscle memory. He is dribbling well, he is covering hell, he is passing well and when he sees the box or an opportunity to shoot, his muscle memory shouts "stop". He doesn't have these habbits but the class is in there. the time will make him only better. It would be unmitigated disaster to lose him. 

Don't agree on the scapegoat comment all depends on how we take our chances and defend.

8 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

... and when he sees the box or an opportunity to shoot, his muscle memory shouts "stop".

He shoots plenty and very quickly, but only when he’s fairly close and central. His shots are usually blocked (and so less noticeable), so he’ll sometimes sky one. His was by far the most dangerous shot that de Gea saved in the United game. On the rush, he tends strongly to pass to a teammate who’s more forward (as he should) or wide to an overlapping back to deliver a cross. The biggest problem, and not just this year, has been the seeming utter refusal of teammates to return a pass when he continues his forward run into a gap. With his pace and ball control in tight spaces, he should be treated more like Sterling.

41 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Damn, Marina is getting younger on any updated picture. 

Yeah guys went crazy for the lady physio a few years back but Marina has always been a class above IMO.