IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

Great analysis on Monday Night Football tonight about the Jorginho/Kante situation.

Transcript below.

Ginola thinks we are wrong to play him in his new position and has praised his influence on the French team in his natural role.

Carragher thinks Kante looks "a very average player in the position he is playing in now."

Scrolling up a lot of people agree.

They did discuss some solutions to this problem which are interesting to think about.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11564653/chelseas-midfield-problem-ngolo-kante-and-jorginhos-positioning

Carragher is spot on. I rarely think going into a game that we have a star player in Kante in the new position. And I don't see that changing because I don't see him ever being that type of attacking player. This is me scrutinizing virtually every game we have played. He looks really ordinary. I love Kante too but he looks far from a player whose earning a near £300k p/w. And while I agree he is no way near the same quality due to a shift in position I think he needs to adapt more and have more influence on the game. Especially when he is earning the amount he is.

Yes, no way Sarri changes the system. It's completely different matter that Jorginho is not playing well for the moment. When they mark him, he can't throw the ball deep with long ball, he can't dribble it out, he can't guard it like Mikel or whatever.. I sincerely hope that these are not his limitations but just a bad current form. Because losing N'golo for playing Sarri ball is worth it, but losing him for playing the sh*tty style of last seasons with no back up in that area of the pitch, is definitely not. 

And right now the opponents stop us from playing Sarri ball with that simple move - put someone on Jorginho's back, and he's done. He's gotta step up, he needs to show some of the three things I spoke of above - dribble it out, accurate long balls or guard it with his back. 

It's not about Kante. He was the best player in all the 4 matches we've faced the top teams. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Yes, no way Sarri changes the system. It's completely different matter that Jorginho is not playing well for the moment. When they mark him, he can't throw the ball deep with long ball, he can't dribble it out, he can't guard it like Mikel or whatever.. I sincerely hope that these are not his limitations but just a bad current form. Because losing N'golo for playing Sarri ball is worth it, but losing him for playing the sh*tty style of last seasons with no back up in that area of the pitch, is definitely not. 

And right now the opponents stop us from playing Sarri ball with that simple move - put someone on Jorginho's back, and he's done. He's gotta step up, he needs to show some of the three things I spoke of above - dribble it out, accurate long balls or guard it with his back. 

It's not about Kante. He was the best player in all the 4 matches we've faced the top teams. 

Kante will always be the best player against the top teams because we won’t be controlling possession and there will be balls to be worn back. Isn’t it more a case of a limitation of Kante that against the 14 other teams when we have the bulk of possession that he looks average.

Sticking him at the base of a 2 alongside Jorginho isn’t a long term fix, the problem here is Kante is a better player in a team not controlling possession. Question is should Sarri revert to a counter attacking style of football to keep Kante, Azpi & the other 4-5 players not comfortable with the ball at their feet?

2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

I do think that when Jorginho is being man marked in the game we should be switching to a 4-2-3-1 shape to have a second player in the pivot creating options for Jorginho 

I think Sarri has 2 choices With Kante, playing his strength ( in his natural position), or work on his weakness ( keep training and playing in his current position). I don't think he has the luxury to keep playing Kante and Jorginho in the current positions, because results will suffer and he will be under pressure in a month ( or less) time. kante playing his usual role will benefit the whole team, in particular give Luiz/Alonso the much needed defensive shield. A technical player like Jorginho should be able to influence the game from higher up the field, like Cesc has done for Barca, Spain and us. We could probably get away with it Kante/Jorginho in their current role this weekend, but not going to against better teams.

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

Kante will always be the best player against the top teams because we won’t be controlling possession and there will be balls to be worn back. Isn’t it more a case of a limitation of Kante that against the 14 other teams when we have the bulk of possession that he looks average.

Sticking him at the base of a 2 alongside Jorginho isn’t a long term fix, the problem here is Kante is a better player in a team not controlling possession. Question is should Sarri revert to a counter attacking style of football to keep Kante, Azpi & the other 4-5 players not comfortable with the ball at their feet?

No, he shouldn't. We are fine against the mid and low tier opponents - maximum points against them, only WH away was a messed up and yet, tough visit and it's forgettable. 

What Azpilicueta and Kante do as a damage to our team against the 14 weak opponents cannot be compared to Jorginho's zero impact in the derbies, both defensively and offensively. 

Players like Kante and Azpilicueta give balance and the balance is needed even against those teams - we all remember 0-3 to Bournemouth, to Sunderland at the Bridge, 4-1 at Watford, 0-3 to Newcastle. 

We need to fix our approach to the big teams, against the others we are just fine. 

And Kante is getting the the negativity because we were playing well and the media had nothing against us. 

Werent impressed by them tbf. Im a big fan of Sarri and what he has done, but I also feel theres clearly some things that he is way too stubborn about. Firstly david luiz can do no wrong, and wont ever be dropped. Secondly the 2 youngsters and christensen wont be given any real chances. To the point where he actually subs christensen in the limited minutes he gets. Thirdly, I thought Kante was one of the only decent players for us against Spurs, but he chooses to single him out, when his two sons Luiz and Jorginho had atricious performances. He also said Hudson Odoi needs to improve massively to even be considered, but i promise you if he goes to Dortmund in the summer, he will be playing for England within a year. I hope hes not going to be like mourinho, and think its ok to throw players under the bus to the media

Edited by Oli
Spelling

It looks like Sarri only has plan A ,no plan B/C etc like we needed against Spurs . To be honest I have not been overly impressed with Jorginho from the start ,OK he has the most passes in the game but 90% are simply 1- 10m passes . I think it was out of order if Sarri singled out Kante in the press today. That Son goal for Spurs summed up how poor Luiz and Jorginho were in the match. We were lucky not to lose against Everton , other managers will now follow the same tactics against us and I predict Ranieri will mess us up on Sunday unless we have a plan B . By the way I've never seen so many tickets available for a derby match on ticket exchange as for Sunday

Edited by CFC North Wales
spelling

12 hours ago, Oli said:

Werent impressed by them tbf. Im a big fan of Sarri and what he has done, but I also feel theres clearly some things that he is way too stubborn about. Firstly david luiz can do no wrong, and wont ever be dropped. Secondly the 2 youngsters and christensen wont be given any real chances. To the point where he actually subs christensen in the limited minutes he gets. Thirdly, I thought Kante was one of the only decent players for us against Spurs, but he chooses to single him out, when his two sons Luiz and Jorginho had atricious performances. He also said Hudson Odoi needs to improve massively to even be considered, but i promise you if he goes to Dortmund in the summer, he will be playing for England within a year. I hope hes not going to be like mourinho, and think its ok to throw players under the bus to the media

I agree about Sarri’s comments, he really need to think carefully before he speaks. The comment on Odoi is very harsh as he was one of our best players in pre season, so clearly he isn’t miles away like Sarri says he is.

I have no idea why he chose to single Kante out. 

14 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

What do people make if Sarri's comments today?

I thought it was very interesting that for all of those fans and pundits saying sarri is asking kante to play too advanced, when in actual fact sarri wanted kante to be deeper and closer to jorginho. Is it sarri's tactics, or is it Kante's tactical indiscipline? 

I'm sure it will be worked out in the coming months, we have seen it work against Liverpool, and for 60 mins against arsenal and United. 

14 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

What do people make if Sarri's comments today?

First time that he's sounded like he's gone on the defensive. 

Digging his heels in and showing maybe some stubbornness about his system.  

Hopefully he's not going to fall on his own sword. There's a big problem to address about how we're defending at the moment, teams are finding a lot of space to run at defence in most matches. 

Jorginho and Fabregas are fine all the time we have the ball but without it they don't have the legs or defensive ability to win the ball back on their own.

End of the day we have maybe the best player in the world at breaking down opposing teams attacks and all the time teams are running at us with ease and creating multiple openings against us there is going to be a question mark about why Kante isn't being utilised differently. 

38 minutes ago, Barry Bridges said:

Well, he just signed a new 5 year contract so if the worst were to occur that should be a massive transfer fee to splurge on 4-5 mediocre players.....

LOL wouldnt that be awesome ha.......and whats funny is if it were to happen that way its likely we will waste the Cash on dross. Jokes aside, it would be so pathetic to sell Kante just beacuse his new role doesnt suit him.....he is coming in his peak years.

37 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Laughable thing for him to come out with just after a new 5 year contract. People really do talk a lot of bollocks.

Yeah I agree.......

On 29/11/2018 at 08:46, CFC North Wales said:

By the way I've never seen so many tickets available for a derby match on ticket exchange as for Sunday

Yeah but it’s not a real derby match though is it. They’re just are little neighbours who live round the corner, they don’t bother us much. 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:13, Munkworth said:

Yeah but it’s not a real derby match though is it. They’re just are little neighbours who live round the corner, they don’t bother us much. 

IMG_1140.thumb.JPG.8e5a8498c925a7250edfa737aa920917.JPG

Strong Chelsea side on paper