Welcome N’Golo Kante

Yeah but I don't think certain players would choose to move to Spurs or Leicester purely on the basis of them having CL football.

Like it say, yes it's a blow but I don't think it will define our transfer strategy that much.

No. But I feel we should attract different players than those two anyway. Without CL it is harder.

No. But I feel we should attract different players than those two anyway. Without CL it is harder.

Conte's arival mixed with it being our first season out of CL since 2002 should ensure we don't suffer THAT much from no CL this time.

If we fail again next summer on the other hand...... ....

Without sugar daddy, players should know leicester's life at the top won't last long, a summer exodus is inevitable, such a shame but that's how it works in modern football.. it's a just a matter who is the new employer.. 

• 2 weeks later...

We should buy Kante and Sissoko, both of them are "cheap" and gives us alot more options in midfield.

I watched France against Switzerland and Sissoko was among the best players on the pitch. His ability to drive through midfield with the ball at his feet, kinda like Toure and Bale, is something we are lacking in central midfield. He did that several times against Switzerland and created a big chance with his cross to Payet.

Edited by comtrend

Sissoko is great when he does that, but those games are very few and far apart. For thee most part hes just jogging around losing possesion. Terribly inconsistent and at his worst he is diabolical to watch

So basically what you're saying is that he is the French Ramires?

Sissoko is great when he does that, but those games are very few and far apart. For thee most part hes just jogging around losing possesion. Terribly inconsistent and at his worst he is diabolical to watch

I think he could do it alot more often with better teammates and the right coach, he usually playes great for France. I don't think there are many players that can counterattack with the ball at his feet like this: 

I would take a chance on him if we could get him cheap (10mil).

Last time a checked Baker is not close to beeing in Englands national team. The French team is just as good, if not better and Sissoko has 39 caps.

The point though is that Sissoko has the speed and strength that we have been missing in our central midfield. I think he would balance out our central midfield with Kante and Fabregas.

I think he could do it alot more often with better teammates and the right coach, he usually playes great for France. 

I don't necessarily believe this. If he was so good, he would stand out in a team like Newcastle, even if he is surrounded by poor players. Most of the time, he look's as bad as any of the other players at Newcastle. I also don't think players should be judged too much on how they play for their country, club and international football are two totally different version's of the game. I have seen plenty of players play brilliant at international level, but terrible at club level.

Whats the point though, we have players out on loan like Baker who can do a better job than him. A lot of our recent signing tend to be like that "lets take a chance on him" blah blah blah rather we just started to spending on real quality for proper money.

Im sorry but that's obscene.

For a start Baker isn't a defensive midfielder and for two, he is completely unproven at PL level, he's done well in Holland but that certainly doesn't justify giving him a first team starter spot.

I think Baker is potentially a first teamer in the future (possibly as soon as 2017-18). But Kante and Nainggolan are top class. They are going to add the quality we need right now. I'd be buying both if I had the option and playing a midfield three with Cesc.

Edited by Spiller86

Im sorry but that's obscene.

For a start Baker isn't a defensive midfielder and for two, he is completely unproven at PL level, he's done well in Holland but that certainly doesn't justify giving him a first team starter spot.

Well we will never know until we give him a chance thats the whole point. Rather we gave him a chance than spend £10M on Sissoko who is just an average player.

I think Baker is potentially a first teamer in the future (possibly as soon as 2017-18). But Kante and Nainggolan are top class. They are going to add the quality we need right now. I'd be buying both if I had the option and playing a midfield three with Cesc.

What about matic?Better and younger than 9golan

Kante would be fantastic for us. Our midfield needs energy and pace. He would be my no 1 target with one of those Italian defenders as no 2.

Then we add in a fast right winger or put hazard in the Centre and find a wide left player and we are away.

How we ever sold de bruyne will remain a mystery. One of the the top ten European players right now for mine.

Well we will never know until we give him a chance thats the whole point. Rather we gave him a chance than spend £10M on Sissoko who is just an average player.

If we are going to go down that route why don't we play Marco Amelia as number one next season? He hasn't got the chance so how do we know he won't be good enough?