Welcome N’Golo Kante

6 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I truly do not understand why Kante was booked for that when he played the ball, and the twat bringing Hazard down from behind didn't even get a free-kick against him, let alone a booking

Also, how is it any different from the Dier 'tackle' on Luiz in the first half?

28 minutes ago, KnowItAll said:

Kante was booked because the whistle had already been blown.

Rose didn't stop plying either... So why should Kante be booked for playing after the whistle? 

Some might be inclined to say that Rose got what he deserved. 

Kante is really improving on the ball and its wonderful to see. The saddest thing for me is currently he is our biggest goal threat in midfield right now. Now, if RLC gets healthy that could change, of course. It's amazing watching him get better this season.

Also, that tackle on Rose yesterday! Ahh, loved it

I was thinking a while back whether we should drop him leaving Kovacic and RLC in midfield. Well RLC is on the treatment bench and Kante not only winning back the ball is also making great runs into space.

His shots from the edge of the box though lacking good placement are dangerous because he has the time to leather it and when he does the defenders can't react fast enough as we saw last night with two deflections. 

I think he may yet improve further.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I was thinking a while back whether we should drop him leaving Kovacic and RLC in midfield. Well RLC is on the treatment bench and Kante not only winning back the ball is also making great runs into space.

His shots from the edge of the box though lacking good placement are dangerous because he has the time to leather it and when he does the defenders can't react fast enough as we saw last night with two deflections. 

I think he may yet improve further.

4 goals in all competitions so far. What are the odds of him finishing with 10 this year?

8 would be a wonderful achievement already for him. A deep FA cup or Europa league run, 10 might just be possible.

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Team plays well or Kante scores -> Kante is fine in this position.

Team loses or Kante misses an opportunity -> Why is our manager doing this to Kante.

Repeat.

Until the good performances and results start to outweigh the bad this will keep cropping up. 

18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So 33%. So the good still outweighing the bad?

Do you think that's good enough for a team of Chelsea's ambitions? 

17 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well he's not, there's 4 players who are supposed to be more of an attacking threat than him.

Could have fooled me. We've failed to score a single goal in our last three way games. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Do you think that's good enough for a team of Chelsea's ambitions? 

Could have fooled me. We've failed to score a single goal in our last three way games. 

Got to look at it as a whole, not just pick and choose from a set period of the season that we aren't doing great in. 

We're still in all the cup competition and i still believe we'll finish top 4. Good enough for a squad that is trying to learn a completely new brand of football and still needs some big signings.