IliyaKrostin

Welcome N’Golo Kante

16 minutes ago, Zola said:

I said it in the match day thread, he just doesn't look right in this new role. He may pop up with the odd goal and brilliant pass like the one he played to Higuain, but that is because he is a very good footballer, but in this role, overall, I think he looks very awkward and uncomfortable. It looked like it could work in the early weeks of the season, but everything looked like it would work back then, but it's all gone very wrong since teams worked out how to play against us.

Kante has been half the player this season and I don't think he will ever properly adapt to this new role.

This was the game where Kante should played in front of the back 4 and does what knows best from instinct, especially after we were a goal down in 2 minutes and on the brink of collapse. F* the playing stylish football, that was a time to survive and weather the storm, instead Kante was no where near those key defensive areas, and Jorginho got brushed aside like thin air. 

At the beginning of the season when there was that unbeaten purple patch it seemed that re purposing Kante was a solid option, 7 months later it appears to be one of the main reasons why Sarri is staring down the barrel of Roman's P45 shotgun. Jorginho's been found out, Kante needs to drop back into his favoured 'world-class' HM position and shield otherwise its the definition of insanity. Stubbornness will cost Sarri,  unless Jorginho steps up, so far hes looked like he's made out of paper and is one of the primary reasons we keep losing.  

23 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I said it in the match day thread, he just doesn't look right in this new role. He may pop up with the odd goal and brilliant pass like the one he played to Higuain, but that is because he is a very good footballer, but in this role, overall, I think he looks very awkward and uncomfortable. It looked like it could work in the early weeks of the season, but everything looked like it would work back then, but it's all gone very wrong since teams worked out how to play against us.

Kante has been half the player this season and I don't think he will ever properly adapt to this new role.

Very brave posting that Scott, it's a crime to even talk badly about Kante in his new role these days, I've even heard ones not a loyal supporter if he does so. 

Do we reckon a huge light is going to go on in that stubborn italian mind, of his  and suddenly think, 'I know i'm going to try Ngolo next to Gorghi boy'............nay nay and thrice nay.

Never going to admit he was wrong!

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Very brave posting that Scott, it's a crime to even talk badly about Kante in his new role these days, I've even heard ones not a loyal supporter if he does so. 

:biggrin: Oh well, they can say that if they like, I'm only saying what I see. He just doesn't look right too me. He's trying, that is clear to see, but it's not working. I'm not saying he should be a full on DM, but I do think he is playing too far up the field and would look a lot better if he was playing closer to Jorginho. I think the midfield as a whole would look a lot stronger if Kante was there to stop teams playing through Jorginho or targetting Jorginho when he get's on the ball. We will lose the ball high up the field and who is the player the opposition see when they start their counter attack?......it's Jorginho. They must love seeing him there instead of Kante. Jorginho hasn't got the athleticism or the defensive abilities to stop it happening. Jorginho and Kante need to be closer to each other on the field to help each other and team out. There is no way we would concede 6 against City and 4 against Bournemouth if they were.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

:biggrin: Oh well, they can say that if they like, I'm only saying what I see. He just doesn't look right too me. He's trying, that is clear to see, but it's not working. I'm not saying he should be a full on DM, but I do think he is playing too far up the field and would look a lot better if he was playing closer to Jorginho. I think the midfield as a whole would look a lot stronger if Kante was there to stop teams playing through Jorginho or targetting Jorginho when he get's on the ball. We will lose the ball high up the field and who is the player the opposition see when they start their counter attack?......it's Jorginho. They must love seeing him there instead of Kante. Jorginho hasn't got the athleticism or the defensive abilities to stop it happening. Jorginho and Kante need to be closer to each other on the field to help each other and team out. There is no way we would concede 6 against City and 4 against Bournemouth if they were.

Kante's best abilities aren't being used, it's clear to see. He's playing so high up the pitch and there are many players in the world that can play in that position much better than him, this is what people don't realise. 

I'm not fully confident Kante adapts to this system, but I am confident that if we back Sarri he'll eventually get results with or without Kante. 

The issue with criticising Kante is that people think instantly that it's a media agenda, but it isn't. I'm fully aware some of the media and pundits aren't taking into account that Kante is playing in a possession based team but they also have a point that he isn't doing the job there. 

4 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

but not, apparently, in our squad.

Not in our squad no, you're right, but I think there are better alternatives elsewhere, and when have we ever heard that about Kante before? 

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Was superb yesterday.

Had a shaky start to the match with a few misplaced passes but soon settled.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch personally. 

Agreed him or Hazard, annoys me that the man of the match award has to go to a player on the winning team, such a stupid rule. They gave it to the Portuguese Mata, Bernardo Silva who Emerson did well against i thought. He is fine is the position he plays, he showed it again yesterday agains't one of the best teams in Europe, but because of all the Kepa nonsense nobody has really mentioned it. The only time Kante struggles to me is when he has the ball in a tight space and he is getting pressed, he gets panicky and loses it.

Quite a shame he is playing where he is. He does a great job considering who he is as a player but moving him back would allow someone even more suited to that role prospering and making the team better. We need goals from the two attacking CMs and especially Kante's spot. He'll never be a goal scorer though. 

Real power machine, he can't stop working and the most important thing is he does all this for the team. 

I just really hope Sarri will put him back to his best position because there he is the best in the world in my opinion.