Welcome N’Golo Kante

IliyaKrostin

The unsung hero. I'm watching a replay of the Brighton Game... Something I didn't notice the first time.

Just before Ruben receives the ball for his shot on goal, Kante made a run towards the top of the Penalty area. 

Two Brighton defenders drop back and close towards Kante. It opens up just a little bit of space which Ruben took advantage of. 

Yes... I have a crush on Kante 

I was at the game yesterday. I actually thought he was a little below par yesterday. Not a huge concern as we lost 3-0 but he seemed to lose out in the few tussles he had and the game seemed to pass him by sometimes. I was impressed with Bissouma for Brighton. Anyway, one of our least concerns as I think he is improving a lot in the CM position but just would like to see more consistency in him being a major influence in the game and taking control.

Just now, Munkworth said:

People say Sarri hasn’t improved one player this season but I think Kante is much better with the ball now, his movement is great and he still manages to appear from nowhere to save the day too. 

While he's improved in certain areas he's not been anywhere close to as good as he was. Last two years he was the best midfielder in the league. This year he's not been close to being that.

8 minutes ago, Sindre said:

While he's improved in certain areas he's not been anywhere close to as good as he was. Last two years he was the best midfielder in the league. This year he's not been close to being that.

Obviously he was great in his old role but I feel he’s improved overall as a footballer, both with his feet and with his head, this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just not a natural player going forward, it's like try making Mess into a deep player maker, he'd do it and be bloody good at it, but never going to be great. For his goal and assist return, I don't see his change of role has been a successful one. Sure, it may take time, but why changing something that's working while we had real problems to solve elsewhere? Flexibility and adaptability , Kante showed he got them, can't say the same about the manager.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Hopefully his injury isn't bad. It's bad enough that Hudson-Odoi is going to be out for months, this would just be like kicking us when we are already down.

In Zola's post match interview, he said that Kante has bruised ribs.

He's been trying that left-foot finish for a little while now - glad to see he's pulled it off. Very nice finish.

One of the benefits of having Sarri around is that Kanté has really expanded his game this season. Delighted that he's committed to us long-term, surely once Hazard leaves he will categorically be our most crucial player.

Apparently he just has a contusion to the ribs and will be fine for the Man Utd game... thank God!

• 2 weeks later...