Welcome N’Golo Kante

If we are going to go down that route why don't we play Marco Amelia as number one next season? He hasn't got the chance so how do we know he won't be good enough?

Agreed. Sissoko is okay but only okay. I understand got 39 caps for France and could do a job for us but by the same logic let's just recall Marco Van Finkelstein from loan and play him instead or RLC. It would be a signing for signings sake.

If we add to the squad then it has to improve it, Sissoko feels like standing still

What about matic?Better and younger than 9golan

Peak Matic is a great player. That said, our midfield currently is a bit slow and cumbersome. Nainggolan (Roma rather than the role he plays for Belgium) is dynamic and box to box. He brings the energy we need.

Now you might well ask isn't Cesc also slow? Yes but he could stake a claim as the best passer of a football today. In my view we keep Cesc, play to his strengths and build a midfield around him with the energy to let him play his game.

Yes, because clearly playing Lewis Baker an acadamy graduate is the same as starting a 34 year old journeyman goalkeeper. What a stupid thing to say

But he hasn't had a chance , so how do we know he won't be good enough? Same logic.

Anyway reason I initially got involved in this is because someone said we should ditch Kante signing to play Baker when 1.They are different players and 2. I remember a few years ago some people didn't want Neymar because we have Kakuta.

But he hasn't had a chance , so how do we know he won't be good enough? Same logic.

Anyway reason I initially got involved in this is because someone said we should ditch Kante signing to play Baker when 1.They are different players and 2. I remember a few years ago some people didn't want Neymar because we have Kakuta.

Who was saying that ? I remember some saying they didn't want Neymar because they were afraid he wouldn't adapt but not because we had Kakuta. 

Agreed. Sissoko is okay but only okay. I understand got 39 caps for France and could do a job for us but by the same logic let's just recall Marco Van Finkelstein from loan and play him instead or RLC. It would be a signing for signings sake.

If we add to the squad then it has to improve it, Sissoko feels like standing still

Van Ginkel, Baker and the rest of our central midfielders don't have the combination of speed and strength that Sissoko has, wich is what gives him advantages in his take ons, thats the logic. I want a diffrent option to what we have and none of our central midfielders are very good at counterattacks or getting past a player. When you look at the video I posted (#166), what player do we have that can drive forward with the ball through the entire pitch like that ?                                                                                                                                                             

Van Ginkel, Baker and the rest of our central midfielders don't have the combination of speed and strength that Sissoko has, wich is what gives him advantages in his take ons, thats the logic. I want a diffrent option to what we have and none of our central midfielders are very good at counterattacks or getting past a player. When you look at the video I posted (#166), what player do we have that can drive forward with the ball through the entire pitch like that ?                                                                                                                                                             

The video you posted, not even Sissoko usually does that. You'd be lucky to see him do that once a season.

We had Ramires, he also did that once every blue moon.

Hes 35 years old, hes had plenty of chances at the senior level and his career is almost over. If you think thats the same situation or "same logic" you are either trolling or just dense. Im pretty sure its the former

Point is, the how do we know they aren't good enough if they don't get a chance is a deeply flawed argument, it was obvious Mancienne wasn't good enough, it's obvious Dabo isn't good enough to pluck two examples out of thin air.

Back when I was a teenager i played with and against numerous people and one boy always stood out, he was a lad who ended up playing for Plymouth, I knew he was the one best placed to make it out of all I played with/against, so if a teenager without a single coaching qualification can identify the main talent, surely highly trained coaches with access to sh*t loads of data can do so.

Ultimately I don't need to see the likes of Blackman, Kalas, Atsu and Bamford play for the Chelsea first team to know their not good enough, what I've seen with my own eyes plus the opinion of fans that have had those lads on loan in itself is more than enough to come to that conclusion.

Edited by Argo

Who was saying that ? I remember some saying they didn't want Neymar because they were afraid he wouldn't adapt but not because we had Kakuta.

I was on BBC 606 website at the time, and the general opinion towards the potential Neymar signing was fear it would send Kakuta to the abyss, turns out he did that all by himself.

I was on BBC 606 website at the time, and the general opinion towards the potential Neymar signing was fear it would send Kakuta to the abyss, turns out he did that all by himself.

Well those people are just mental. When we were rumoured to be interested in Neymar, people had already given up on Kakuta from what i can remember.

"N’Golo Kante is poised to turn down a new contract at Leicester City and favours a move to Chelsea over his numerous summer options.

Midfielder Kante is emerging as one of Chelsea’s top targets after the Blues failed with two bids for Roma’s Radja Nainggolan.

Kante was one of the players of the season

Following his superb season in the PremierLeague and at Euro 2016 for hosts France, Leicester have offered Kante a new £100,000-a-week deal to stay with the champions .But Kante is currently siding towards leaving the King Power Stadium, with Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester United and Arsenal battling for his signature. Of the four clubs, Kante is believed to fancy the opportunity of working with Antonio Conte at Chelsea the most but he has not yet ruled out the possibility of going elsewhere."- Telegraph

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is unhappy with having Casemiro as his only defensive midfield option and wants to sign Leicester City's N'Golo Kante to bolster his squad.

Source: Sport

It's a wrap folks. Kindly look elsewhere.

"N’Golo Kante is poised to turn down a new contract at Leicester City and favours a move to Chelsea over his numerous summer options.

Midfielder Kante is emerging as one of Chelsea’s top targets after the Blues failed with two bids for Roma’s Radja Nainggolan.

Kante was one of the players of the season

Following his superb season in the PremierLeague and at Euro 2016 for hosts France, Leicester have offered Kante a new £100,000-a-week deal to stay with the champions .But Kante is currently siding towards leaving the King Power Stadium, with Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester United and Arsenal battling for his signature. Of the four clubs, Kante is believed to fancy the opportunity of working with Antonio Conte at Chelsea the most but he has not yet ruled out the possibility of going elsewhere."- Telegraph

Well...which one is it gonna be? Make up your mind. :biggrin:

I am aware that my opinion on Kanté's unadulterated brilliance are probably well-established.

That said, if he does go to Man Utd, there are two questions which must follow:

1) Does this therefore mean that José doesn't rate Schneiderlin?

2) Can we therefore acquire Schneiderlin at a cut-price rate?

N'Golo Kante is set to snub Arsenal, Man Utd and Juventus in favour of a move to Chelsea. [@Matt_Law_DT] #cfc

Kante's believed to fancy working with Conte at Chelsea the most but he's not yet ruled out the possibility of going elsewhere. (Telegraph)

Edited by enigma