Best football images

offside

4 hours ago, erskblue said:
Dave Watson and Gordon McQueen during the 1977 Home International Match.
4th June 1977 at Wembley.
Football Memories on Twitter.

Two great defenders and a great result as well.

57 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Two great defenders and a great result as well.

Spent that afternoon watching the game in my Grandparents house. Clearly remember it

My Grandfather had been at the famous 1928 England v Scotland’Wembley Wizards’ game and had attended many others at Wembley until the early 1970s.  

I remember him ‘waxing lyrical’ about Willie Johnston, the Scottish winger in that game.

The Guinness he was happily consuming during the game was helping...😀

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

Spent that afternoon watching the game in my Grandparents house. Clearly remember it

My Grandfather had been at the famous 1928 England v Scotland’Wembley Wizards’ game and had attended many others at Wembley until the early 1970s.  

I remember him ‘waxing lyrical’ about Willie Johnston, the Scottish winger in that game.

The Guinness he was happily consuming during the game was helping...😀

Must have been a great experience for your Grandfather to have seen the Wembley Wizards. One of Rangers and Scotland's greatest ever wingers in the side. 

Bud was a great player.

3 hours ago, Boyne said:

Must have been a great experience for your Grandfather to have seen the Wembley Wizards. One of Rangers and Scotland's greatest ever wingers in the side. 

Bud was a great player.

My grandfather was also down two years later, when the score was 5-2 to England !   He rarely missed this fixture, whether at Hampden or Wembley. I think his last ‘Wembley’ was 1971. Might be wrong.

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2021 at 07:07, erskblue said:
Dens Park, Dundee in 1957.       Just liked this picture.
ImagePicture this Scotland on Twitter.

That was a month ago! Dundee derbies back next season!

That was a month ago! Dundee derbies back next season!

Edited by 1manwent2moan

Halifax Town v Bournemouth Aug 1976. The first game back in the 4th Div took place during the long warm summer of 1976, hence the ice cream van and fans lying on the grass bank. Photo by Keith Middleton.
Football Back Then on Twitter.
Edited by erskblue

Tigana...Tigana...Platini...GOAL!!!!!!!!  John Motsons reaction  to Michel Platini’s winner for France against Portugal in the semi-final of Euro 1984 is iconic to say the least!   This game wasn’t shown live.   Recorded highlights only !