Best football images

offside

38 minutes ago, erskblue said:

article-2104579-011FEC56000004B0-349_634x400.jpg Boys Jumpers for goalposts in a London residential street. 1950s. No cars. Today I’d imagine you might have cars everywhere on this street.

Could be any street in the U.K. I remember playing football in the streets and very few cars on the roads. Very different from nowadays. I think we were all told off for kicking a ball into gardens and over fences.

16 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Andy Gray of Aston Villa and Scotland playing football with local children on a housing estate near his mothers home in Drumchapel, Glasgow, circa...

Andy Gray  playing football with local children near his mothers home in Drumchapel, Glasgow, circa May 1978. 
I wonder if one of them went up to ask if he was coming out for a game ?😀

A great player. Played for a few clubs including the mighty Rangers.

Birkmyre Park, Port Glasgow

Boyne. The old grassy pitch shown above. This is the pitch we all used to play on regularly as youngsters. It was actually a decent enough pitch. It was at the end of our street and we all thought it was a great pitch to use.
It hadn’t been used for a few years and the old goalposts had been taken away. So yes ‘jumpers for goalposts’.

It was also reasonably sheltered by large trees on two sides. We thought it was brilliant. The pitch surface itself was actually in better condition than some of the pitches we played on for the School teams!😀

I admit having posted this picture before. 

Edited by erskblue

2 hours ago, erskblue said:
Birkmyre Park, Port Glasgow

Boyne. The old grassy pitch shown above. This is the pitch we all used to play on regularly as youngsters. It was actually a decent enough pitch. It was at the end of our street and we all thought it was a great pitch to use.
It hadn’t been used for a few years and the old goalposts had been taken away. So yes ‘jumpers for goalposts’.

It was also reasonably sheltered by large trees on two sides. We thought it was brilliant. The pitch surface itself was actually in better condition than some of the pitches we played on for the School teams!😀

I admit having posted this picture before. 

There are plenty of parks near where I live so we were able to pick and choose where we had a kick-about. Near my old secondary school was a big park and in it was a small area surrounded by trees and it was nicknamed mini-Wembley. Unfortunately I cant any pictures of it.

2 hours ago, erskblue said:
Netherland v Brazil in the 1974 World Cup. It ended  2-0 to the Netherlands.

A great Dutch side against a Brazil team which was very different from that which won the World Cup in 1970. If I remember correctly very few of the 1974 squad  played in 1970. 

Boyne: Think that the Raith Rovers No 6 is Ian Porterfield a future Blues manager. Checked and he moved from Raith to Sunderland in late December 1967, so this might well have been his last game for Raith.

And below is scoring his famous winning goal v Leeds in the 1973 FA Cup Final.

Scoring The Winner

Edited by erskblue

8 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Boyne: Think that the Raith Rovers No 6 is Ian Porterfield a future Blues manager. Checked and he moved from Raith to Sunderland in late December 1967, so this might well have been his last game for Raith.

And below is scoring his famous winning goal v Leeds in the 1973 FA Cup Final.

Scoring The Winner

Thanks for the info. The 1973 Cup Final was the first I watched on a colour TV. Was invited to a neighbour's house to watch it. Nice to see Leeds lose!

Boyne:It could well be Kenny Watson between Colin Jackson and Davie Cooper.

This was after the last game played in the Ibrox Bowl. Rangers had beaten Motherwell 2-0 to win the Premier League Title. Late April 1978.

This was the last game played at Ibrox before the reconstruction of the Stadium took place.

7 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Boyne:It could well be Kenny Watson between Colin Jackson and Davie Cooper.

This was after the last game played in the Ibrox Bowl. Rangers had beaten Motherwell 2-0 to win the Premier League Title. Late April 1978.

This was the last game played at Ibrox before the reconstruction of the Stadium took place.

Thanks for the information. I think that you're right about it being Kenny Watson.