Site Changes

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

When viewing on a mobile device, is there a way to switch to full desktop view? Before there was a link at the bottom but it's not there anymore. I tried "request desktop site" in the browser settings, but that didn't work. I tried it with both Chrome and Dolphin on an Android device. 

Also, any update about the missing source button in Chrome? 

13 hours ago, offside said:

When viewing on a mobile device, is there a way to switch to full desktop view....

No, its now all one. Your mobile device should automatically switch to a responsive mobile view depending on your device. It is actually still as light as the last mobile version.

The source button I think is a no-go I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

No, its now all one. Your mobile device should automatically switch to a responsive mobile view depending on your device. It is actually still as light as the last mobile version.

The source button I think is a no-go I'm afraid.

No idea about Apple but on Android if you use a half decent browser then just use the 'Request dekstop site' option from the menu.

1 hour ago, undertow said:

No idea about Apple but on Android if you use a half decent browser then just use the 'Request dekstop site' option from the menu.

I tried that with both Chrome and Dolphin, and it didn't work. 

Sometimes it's useful because the full view lets you  preview your post, see who liked a post, multiquote, etc. 

So it works for you on iOS? 

Edited by offside

15 minutes ago, offside said:

I tried that with both Chrome and Dolphin, and it didn't work. 

Sometimes it's useful because the full view lets you  preview your post, see who liked a post, multiquote, etc. 

Android 6.0.1 and Chrome 52.0.2743.98, tested and works.

Whilst I have to admit it looks better I don't like it.

I preferred the simplicit of the old mobile site as I found it quicker sad easier to navigate through.

Since the change I've barely posted and tbh I think that trend will continue cause I just don't like it, plus it runs quite slow on my sh*tty iPad 2

Anyone else having problems with the Musical Connections thread. When I try to open it I get a small message

at the top of the page saying ' a problem occurred with this web site, so it has reloaded'. The page then tries to

reload several times without fully completing before crashing.

please don't be too technical with replies, I really am a dinosaur.

29 minutes ago, goose said:

Anyone else having problems with the Musical Connections thread. When I try to open it I get a small message

at the top of the page saying ' a problem occurred with this web site, so it has reloaded'. The page then tries to

reload several times without fully completing before crashing.

please don't be too technical with replies, I really am a dinosaur.

Going to need more info than that. What are you viewing the site on ? PC, tablet, phone ? if pc which browser ? chrome, firefox, internet explorer?

That thread is full of youtube videos that want to load, since the update I think more posts are shown per page, so that means even more videos trying to load. What kind of internet connection do you have ?

@coco I'm using an iPad Air and I have a fibre connection which in general is fairly good, don't seem to 

have streaming problems or problems viewing other sites.

Ive noticed this problem a few times, but just checked it again there now and it seems to have loaded ok. 

I'll keep an eye on it, it's not a thread I visit that regularly.