David Luiz back at Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The biggest problem we will have without Luiz at the back is passing out of defence. If Rudiger was playing, I wouldn't be too concerned, but I doubt he will be starting games until September. That leaves Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen and Emerson. Azpilicueta and Christensen can pass the ball easily enough, but the problem they have is that they don't have confidence in passing quickly and in tighter areas. Zouma just doesn't pass well at all out of the back, he's always looked odd when it comes to passing and Emerson is so-so. Without Luiz, passing out of the back feels like a disaster waiting to happen with the players we have.

Think i'm in the minority of people who would still have him in my first XI (with Rudi next to him). Christensen looks quite nervy at times and I think DL is an important leader on the field.

Even more disappointing he's going to Arsenal, although can understand him wanting to leave if he's been told he won't be a regular starter. Worth keeping in mind Cech and Lampard did the same thing before we start slating him too hard though.

On a scale of Eden Hazard (aka bothered/10) to Bakayoko (aka 'am I bothered though'/0), where does everybody sit on this? 

Subject to the final confirmation of the fee, which I'm convinced will top 10m at the very least if Marina has anything to do with it, I think I'm about a 4 at the moment.

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Something like this can't be good for the club and preparations for ManU. If we sell him, sell him to somewhere else than to a direct rival.

If it's true that Lamps planning to roll with Kurt and Andreas for the United game is what kicked this all off, I don't think it will affect things too much. Unless we pick up an injury and Tomori is thrown into the fray on short notice... 

Lampard doesn’t care if you’re young or old. I like how he’s handled this. You’re either with Me or you’re not.

We have a very young team and the older ones need to be role models. Throwing your toys out the pram (again!) is not what we need. Frank clearly changing the culture. Expert Willian gone next summer.

It’s going to be a tough season, make no mistake. However we’ll be better for it in the long term. We’re finally going to see which of the kids have the ability to step up and produce at this level.

29 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

On a scale of Eden Hazard (aka bothered/10) to Bakayoko (aka 'am I bothered though'/0), where does everybody sit on this? 

Subject to the final confirmation of the fee, which I'm convinced will top 10m at the very least if Marina has anything to do with it, I think I'm about a 4 at the moment.

7 - 'You selfish traitor, trying to force through a move at the last minute when the club has no chance to strengthen the squad with this transfer ban. Get out and good riddance.'

52 minutes ago, Jonty said:

Think i'm in the minority of people who would still have him in my first XI (with Rudi next to him). Christensen looks quite nervy at times and I think DL is an important leader on the field.

Even more disappointing he's going to Arsenal, although can understand him wanting to leave if he's been told he won't be a regular starter. Worth keeping in mind Cech and Lampard did the same thing before we start slating him too hard though.

In order of strength imo, the centre back pairing on recent form would have been:

1. Luiz - Rudiger

2. Luiz - Christensen

2. Rudiger - Christensen

3. Rudiger - Zouma

4. Zouma - Christensen

7. Luiz - Zouma

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

That period by Mourinho was the worst thing that happened to chelsea since Roman took over. Yes we won the league but we lost mata, de bruyne, salah and others and replaced them with Matic. 

Neither of them would have been the players they have become if they stayed with Chelsea, that’s simple facts - especially Salah who was absolutely shocking for us every time he played. I remember a league cup game where he was horrendous and topped it off with a shot that went out for a thrown in!! The biggest mistake we made was not putting in a buyback option, which we should always include on youth players we get rid of moving forward, even if it means we get a couple of million less, it’s worth the risk.

Not sure how anybody can sympathise with him, seeing the entitled reaction he has coughed up? 
I do scratch my head sometimes when we call for a together, harmonious and young team, then Luiz pulls this stunt - and it is him pulling it, and he then has people on his side.
So you know how things have gone back at Chelsea? Enlighten us please.

3 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Sort of puts me off signing Brazilians they seem to get awfully stroppy when things don’t go their way, look at Naymar as well.

Maybe because they are from poor backgrounds and become such hero’s as the country is football mad that they just get big ballooned egos.

Mind you SSB and William as well always seem very humble in interviews, but it does seem Latin players in general get the handbags out at the first hint if something they don’t like ?????

I completely agree, bare in mind Willian’s trophy antics on his instagram story with Conte in the second season. Goodness knows what causes them to behave the way they do but drama seems to be constant when they're not getting their own way

22 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Neither of them would have been the players they have become if they stayed with Chelsea, that’s simple facts - especially Salah who was absolutely shocking for us every time he played. I remember a league cup game where he was horrendous and topped it off with a shot that went out for a thrown in!! The biggest mistake we made was not putting in a buyback option, which we should always include on youth players we get rid of moving forward, even if it means we get a couple of million less, it’s worth the risk.

They wouldn't have under Jose but had we stuck to the project we were aiming towards before allowing Mou to rip up the blueprint they most definitely would have in my opinion, KDB especially.

Glad we appear to be learning from it now we have another era of top young players, this time said players being die hard Chelsea boys.

Edited by Argo

2 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Lampard doesn’t care if you’re young or old. I like how he’s handled this. You’re either with Me or you’re not.

We have a very young team and the older ones need to be role models. Throwing your toys out the pram (again!) is not what we need. Frank clearly changing the culture. Expert Willian gone next summer.

It’s going to be a tough season, make no mistake. However we’ll be better for it in the long term. We’re finally going to see which of the kids have the ability to step up and produce at this level.

This is my take from all this too, if all the stories are true then it shows our new manager isn't going to accept any crap from any player. Plus I'm absolutely certain Jody Morris will get stuck right into anyone twatting around. 

Edited by dkw

A real shame that our last hero from munich is going out like this. 

I wouldnt give him the arsenal move personally, I hated the cech transfer, and this one would be even worse since we are directly competing with arsenal, and cant even strengthen ourselves. 

It would a case of train alone, move abroard, or apologise. 

This gives lamps a good chance to stsmp sone authority though. 

A real shame that our last hero from munich is going out like this. 
I wouldnt give him the arsenal move personally, I hated the cech transfer, and this one would be even worse since we are directly competing with arsenal, and cant even strengthen ourselves. 
It would a case of train alone, move abroard, or apologise. 
This gives lamps a good chance to stsmp sone authority though. 
To be fair we have no idea wheter Lamps have stamped his authority or not. This is just speculation. Who knows how this have boiled down.

Not great to lose any options during a ban but if he is going to be disruptive especially as he is influential then best to get him away to f**k and mind you franks shared a dressing room with him so he knows him well, I think it’s bold but clever from Frank, sets the mood, defectors won’t be tolerated. 

Either way we will know by tonight, and the good news with the window closing tonight is it doesn’t seem our rivals strengthened much so we are sitting pretty for next summer with plenty of lolly.

Worried about Zouma and AC it’s a sh*t show, if we can survive it until Rudi is back we should be ok, we will know for sure by then who we want out of KZ and AC  

Not great to lose any options during a ban but if he is going to be disruptive especially as he is influential then best to get him away to f**k and mind you franks shared a dressing room with him so he knows him well, I think it’s bold but clever from Frank, sets the mood, defectors won’t be tolerated. 
Either way we will know by tonight, and the good news with the window closing tonight is it doesn’t seem our rivals strengthened much so we are sitting pretty for next summer with plenty of lolly.
Worried about Zouma and AC it’s a sh*t show, if we can survive it until Rudi is back we should be ok, we will know for sure by then who we want out of KZ and AC  
We just have to cope what we have. I don't like the attitude of getting the hopes to a low level but with Rudi out and the transfer ban we can expect losses from games. Personally Luiz leaving would be a blow because he is an experienced player and he can play from the back.

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign centre-back David Luiz for £8m. 32yo Brazil international will sign a 2yr contract. Deal for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney 5yrs, fee £25m. Medicals today ahead of putting pen to paper before 5pm deadline #AFC #CFC #CelticFc

From David Ornstein... f**king hell. Looks like this is real...

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Something like this can't be good for the club and preparations for ManU. If we sell him, sell him to somewhere else than to a direct rival.

Totally disagree. He is not a good defender and always has a mistake in him. I would be very happy to see him in the Arsenal back line.

Not at all surprised at this news. There have always been rumours that Frank and Luiz don't get on.

3 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

See you later geezer/10

End of the day he's 32 he makes a lot of mistakes, really dont understand the massive uproar on here, Zouma, Christensen, Rudiger and even Dave are better centre backs.

New direction, new players, as a club we really should be refreshing the starting 11 more often rather than letting players get comfortable and stale, especially older players.