David Luiz back at Chelsea

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

A good personality doesn't make up for ability on the pitch. Really don't get this David Luiz fetish.

You got rid of him once for 50m and now you buy him back for a ridiculous fee when he's 29. (Sorry, RIP Mourinho. Can't seem to remove your quote, hence the two empty quote boxes)

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Edited by Kante Conte
8 minutes ago, Boricua Blue said:

This is not good. 32MM GBP for a 29yr old unreliable CB is not the direction this team should be going. Too much money for a short term solution with very little chance of re-selling at a marginal lost.

Rubbish, factor in JT cost us nothing we've only spent ~11m on a left sided CB since 1998 (excluding wages etc)

Edited by the special one
Just now, Kev56 said:

I really don't know what to think, its either a smart move or a joke.

We will know by Christmas I suppose, as you say it cold go either way though I`m pretty sure it will be the extreme end of either the sublime or the ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

so conte in pendergast?

Well done. I blamed Conte yesterday so it wouldnt be fair now to congratulate someone else. But he has to do the same every transfer window and, if it's possible, not at the last moment. But right now he has my respect. 

Just now, axman2526 said:

Hmm if we only got 35mill when selling him looks like psg are getting near all there money back... 

PSG literally can't believe there luck. Only Chelsea would weaken there defence with 35m+. I'm not having his better defensively than Terry, Cahill and Zouma.

Jesus christ some of the posts on here are shocking. You want us to sign a cb and when we do your moaning. He is full of passion and you know he will give 100%. I hope none of you have forgotten his performances in the champions league final and europa league. He is improved and has been starting for a quality PSG side who beat us two times. AND he knows the premier league well. Its a good signing. And I KNOW some of you love him. He's also finally got a world class DM in front of him

9 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I really don't know what to think, its either a smart move or a joke.

You don't need to think to know it's a joke. David Luiz = joke personified.

Can't believe this. 

Sorry for all the negativity, such an awful buy.

Edited by Kante Conte
Just now, Surf said:

Jesus christ some of the posts on here are shocking. You want us to sign a cb and when we do your moaning. He is full of passion and you know he will give 100%. I hope none of you have forgotten his performances in the champions league final and europa league. He is improved and has been starting for a quality PSG side who beat us two times. AND he knows the premier league well. Its a good signing. And I KNOW some of you love him

He has passion but can't defend GREAT. We all have passion here. He obviously wouldn't be starting for PSG leaving hence while there willing to sell.

how can you tell Luiz has improved, just from the champions league? He has been playing in a very low quality league.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

I will be truly dismayed if we sign him, but I'll just have to trust Conte.

great post mate, aside from the above.

you don't have to trust conte. we don't even know if he wants him.

but if he does, and this is speaking as someone who was pro conte coming for months, then this right here is his first big mistake.

remember how at inter and then at city and liverpool, and for italy too, you had manager after manager look at mario balotelli and see someone with technique, strength and speed and think "I can get inside his head and turn this guy into a player"? each of them failed, some of them lost their jobs on the back of this gamble. yet, for a time, they still lined up.

signing david luiz is hubris of the highest order. if conte is behind it I think it is time to put a mark in your calendar. in a year or two when we look at how he lost his job, this will be the first day we look at.

if it isn't conte, if it is anyone at this club, a person or people that already know him, then they need to leave the club, and probably football. if you miss luiz' wacky personality so much, get a skype account. 

this is, in a way, potentially the worst transfer in the club's history. 

we know how bad he is.