David Luiz back at Chelsea

I'm delighted.

Last year we lacked character big time. He has it in bundles. Yes he can be a liability but the way modern football is going CBs are judged more on passing stats etc (just look at the city GK saga) 

He is a front foot defender and is aggressive. Almost completely opposite to JT and I think a lot of the mistakes may have been exaggerated with there contrasting styles. If we are trying to play on the front foot then he is the CB we need. Conte will iron him out and sort his discipline hopefully. 

Also think it says something about him that he has jumped at the chance to come back. He clearly has an affinity (though he needs to apologise for celebrations!)

Let's not forget we are getting a player that has played at the very top and is definitely one of the best on the world. 

2 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

I'm delighted.

Last year we lacked character big time. He has it in bundles. Yes he can be a liability but the way modern football is going CBs are judged more on passing stats etc (just look at the city GK saga) 

He is a front foot defender and is aggressive. Almost completely opposite to JT and I think a lot of the mistakes may have been exaggerated with there contrasting styles. If we are trying to play on the front foot then he is the CB we need. Conte will iron him out and sort his discipline hopefully. 

Also think it says something about him that he has jumped at the chance to come back. He clearly has an affinity (though he needs to apologise for celebrations!)

Let's not forget we are getting a player that has played at the very top and is definitely one of the best on the world. 

I don't know you jamie and I bet you are luvvly fella and all. But I don't agree with a single word of that. Especially the bit about JT.

6 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

I'm delighted.

The very top? The French league is won by Xmas, it's nearly as bad as the Scottish league. In the premier league defenders are no judged on passing stats.

For me Luiz is going to make the defence weaker and make defenders like Terry looking over there shoulder half the game.

5 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

ah, there he is.

Hope the blood pressure is ok, mate. 

It has been better mac, agreed with everything in your earlier post too mate.

Feck it I'm off down the gym. I badly need to go and hit a punchbag for a bit.

8 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

He clearly has an affinity (though he needs to apologise for celebrations!)

Wouldn't have made any difference to me personally, but nonetheless...

David Luiz apologises to Chelsea fans
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31845052

Happy now?

Welcome back Geezer!! :Chelseaoldbadge:

Edited by the special one

I haven't read all 19 pages here so this has probably been said before. But I'm excited as I love Luiz and he's a talented, exciting and passionate footballer with character and leadership which we need - but we also need a good defender and I don't think he is that. Well it's gonna be fun I hope.

Seen a few places that Conte didnt want Luiz. You can say what you want about our board and their transfer failingsbut clearly isnt the case. Theres no way Conte disnt sign off on this. His system relies on ballplaying defendersand he currently has none. You could just see his frustration watching Cahill try and play it out from the back. Wont be long untill Luiz starts. Hopefully its as a part of a 3 back line.

Not a huge fan of this at all, but the wife is loving it so for me that makes it a cracking signing lol

Edited by Xfaxtor
11 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

I'm delighted.

You can't be serious. 

1 minute ago, MissouriBlue said:

Crazy thought... Could he be our new first choice LB? We know he's handy on the ball bombing forward? Surely Conte isn't that crazy? Utility role perhaps? LB/CB/CDM, slotting in wherever we need him.

Think he's more likely to replace Matic... which would be fun! Otherwise we don't really want him bombing forward or backwards or he'll be giving away fouls running back the whole time

2 hours ago, Pendergast said:

You compare that scrub to Luiz? Liverpool needs defenders, Chelsea needs defenders, Arsenal needs defenders, City needs defenders, Mourinho always needs defenders despite he had them in United... and no one interested? Is that a coincidence?

Arsenal - Mustafi, Utd - Bailly, City - Stones. Liverpool signed other players.

As a stop gap for a year Williams is a much better defender than Luiz.

7 minutes ago, just said:

I don't know you jamie and I bet you are luvvly fella and all. But I don't agree with a single word of that. Especially the bit about JT.

It's not s slight on JT. He would rather read the game and have it in front of him, whereas Luiz is more on the front foot and will take far more risks. Depending on the style you want to play, one of them will suit much more than the other and it's clear conte likes his teams to be aggressive. 

In terms of being at the top he won the champions league with us, then has been a mainstay for a team who regularly compete in the KO of the champs league and also a regular for a powerhouse International team. 

For me this signing is far less risky than an untried PL player such as KK and Romagnoli

Just an opinion.

4 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

It's not s slight on JT. He would rather read the game and have it in front of him, whereas Luiz is more on the front foot and will take far more risks. Depending on the style you want to play, one of them will suit much more than the other and it's clear conte likes his teams to be aggressive. 

In terms of being at the top he won the champions league with us, then has been a mainstay for a team who regularly compete in the KO of the champs league and also a regular for a powerhouse International team. 

For me this signing is far less risky than an untried PL player such as KK and Romagnoli

Just an opinion.

Luiz is risky and he has premier league experience lol.

The man who has to play midfield because his to much of a risk in defence.