David Luiz back at Chelsea

Hell lets just all be happy that it sounds like he really wants to come back ! The team could do with some of that passion and desire which hasn't been particularly high for long periods since he left. I'm sure the lads are going to be very pleased when they see the geezer turn up for training next week. Very pleased.

Chuffed. 

Welcome back Geeeezer! Personally I'm quite chuffed, it's not bad business at all as some would suggest, PSG still owed us money for him I've read, could be a cheeky FFP trick in there, he improves us and I've not read a credible argument that says different. All in all decent window and when you factor in Conte exciting new times. Last week we were seeing the same team that let themselves and us down last season in the same formation, and brick walls in teh window, now there are many options for don Conte to work with and I think it's exciting times ahead, there's a healthy dose of cheer the f up and some half glass full speeches needed. 

2 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

scrap that, profits from the sale already in the books when we sold him

Point is if they owed us 20 mil for example and we agree 30 mil to sign him, it goes down as 10 mil we have spent between us, it's not an incoming and outgoing for FFP, it's internal,  on our books will just reflect 10 spent..now if the 50 mil was written as a transfer before  like this guy is reporting, then that 50 was to our credit already, it's passed, this is year to year,  so in summary we may have received 30 in actuality but to our balance with FFP it may have been noted as the full 50, that means received credit for 50, now if we settled internally and only spent 10 and FFP puts that on the balance sheet, we chiseled 40 mil FFP credit on selling and buying back Luiz....could be totally wrong but that's how I understand it being a possibility. 

36 minutes ago, Adam said:

Even in the football threads you're talking about DC grappling! You sure love MMA :wink:

Grappling is an aspect of Martial Arts that can be used to defeat an opponent - Checkout the philosophies of Judo mate - the Ground is a weapon & then you apply a choke to finish the job

350px-Gi_grappling_at_Ginowan_City_Polic

So we have about 500 players out on loan including Christensen, who is looking brilliant in Germany, and would be perfect as a third choice centre back in the absence of Zouma, panic that we are short, fire off a load of bids for everyman and his dog to no avail, then re-sign a defender that, most crucially, can't defend. 

As you can tell, I'm delighted with this signing. Well played, Chelsea. 

Edited by Elliott

What a sh*t deadline day. This might have surpassed Torres transfer, people loving Luiz for his personality won't ever change the fact he is a sub par defender. 

With that said good luck to him, I will support him as with all our players but doesn't change the fact this was an extremely dumb transfer.

2 hours ago, just said:

Gutted, absolutely gutted he is back. He could be prosecuted under the Trades Descriptions Act for even calling himself a defender.

Never a player Conte wanted, never. Despite what he will have to come out and say to the media.

PSG must be dribbling in their pants that we were daft enough to buy him back. Says everything about the way our club is being run at the moment. A Joke.

@goose Here you go mate 

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yeah rubbish, been needing to sign a defender all summer and we finish the day with two new ones. 

#ConteOut

Keep quiet already mate, if you have no clue about the difference between signing 5 average defenders to add to our already sh*t defense and buying a proper one. Alonso is a WC for me until we see how he plays but Luiz is appreciated only by people like you who don't notice we need performers right now not players with passion. You can have all the passion in the world won't make up for the lack of skill.

Edited by Ballanda

This has been a good transfer window.

We needed a CB a LB a DM and a forward and we managed all four.

Kante = Star man, great signing.

Bats = Lots of potential and looking good so far.

Alonso = really don't know enough about him but at least he is cover for the left back position.

Luiz = passion, skill, determination, leadership, goals, laughs, tears, f**k ups - what's not to like about this signing.

Well done CFC I say.

5 minutes ago, Ballanda said:

Keep quiet already mate, if you have no clue about the difference between signing 5 average defenders to add to our already sh*t defense and buying a proper one. Alonso is a WC for me until we see how he plays but Luiz is appreciated only by people like you who don't notice we need performers right now not players with passion. You can have all the passion in the world won't make up for the lack of skill.

Want a slice a of lemon to go with that pint of bitter?

tumblr_mfnepvB4721qk3bk5o1_400.gif

2 minutes ago, goose said:

This has been a good transfer window.

We needed a CB a LB a DM and a forward and we managed all four.

Kante = Star man, great signing.

Bats = Lots of potential and looking good so far.

Alonso = really don't know enough about him but at least he is cover for the left back position.

Luiz = passion, skill, determination, leadership, goals, laughs, tears, f**k ups - what's not to like about this signing.

Well done CFC I say.

Well said, good to see some positivity amongst all the negative posts