pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

He should have never come back here, PSG made the deal of the year. He's better than Cahill atm, but why not someone like Bailly, Umtiti, Mustafi will remain a
riddle to me...

95% chance you had no idea who bailly was before united bought him.

2 hours ago, Essien19 said:

He should have never come back here, PSG made the deal of the year. He's better than Cahill atm, but why not someone like Bailly, Umtiti, Mustafi will remain a
riddle to me...

because Mustafi is average, isnt any better then Cahill, and Bailly and Umtiti are not as good as Zouma and Christensen.

Edited by pacquiao

riddle to me...

Dont really agree with any of the 3 names, but surely agree with the first part.

PSG made the deal of the season. Hopefully he is used in midfield along side Kante because I dont think I have it in me to see him make more foolish childish mistakes and f**k us up anymore.

riddle to me...

Because we tried several defenders and they weren't available for what the board seemed an acceptable fleecing? He wanted a ball playing CH with a bit of pace and he got one, Luiz can pick out ridiculous passes can any of the 3 you mentioned do that? He has many other positives mentioned several times in this thread but whether you're a fan or not, on deadline day, him vs no one vs Papi 2.0 - I think the rational minded would be happier with Luiz, I'm bias because I love the guy but sense is sense. 

4 hours ago, Samdwich said:

I dunno man I have it on good authority that at his peak he was better than Drogba...

:laugh2:

Two totally different players at their peaks plus Torres only lasted about 4/5 years at the top of his game.

He was world class when he was in his pomp though.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Two totally different players at their peaks plus Torres only lasted about 4/5 years at the top of his game.

He was world class when he was in his pomp though.

Very True.

It's easy to forget just how good he was but I'm not likely to sit down and watch re-runs of old Liverpool games to remind me!

On 9/5/2016 at 00:57, Stim said:

95% chance you had no idea who bailly was before united bought him.

Oh.  That's a good burn. I guess even Manchester United didn't know him before they bought him.

6 hours ago, evissy said:

Eurosport : A court jester? Maybe, but Luiz gives Chelsea something they badly need - http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/david-luiz-is-the-character-chelsea-have-been-crying-out-for_sto5824326/story.shtml

Good read. An article by Levene. 

Well, for sure. He's one of the fan favourites during his first time here. He's favourite but the type that no one continuously discuss. Like how people are to Bohemian Rhapsody. No one will say it is their favourite song but once they hear it, they will automatically sing along.

4 hours ago, Tibbers said:

Oh.  That's a good burn. I guess even Manchester United didn't know him before they bought him.

95% chance they did

Edited by Coxy15

Luiz got ability, its beyond debate. At 29, he should be at the peak of his career and matured compare to last time he was here. This is a last minute buy, but not necessarily a panic guy, Papy is the poster child of panic buy. With JT by his side, I think he will be a solid defender. If I was Matic, I'd start working on the right foot, because Luiz is more than capable to take that midfield spot off Matic.

Anyone who saw his performance against Monaco just 10 days ago, would not be saying he has matured.

And I love reading that "Luiz would be solid with JT alongside him" despite the fact that Silva could not make him "solid". Also what is the plan of action here? Give JT another 3 years of extension, because I honestly dont want or think that Andreas and/or Zouma should be the ones baby sitting luiz.

Edited by didierforever

Did anyone watch chiallini last night , even before the sending of the guy had a shocking game, looked so far from a defender it was unbelievable, I don't watch him week in week out but many on here kind of wanted him and that was as bad and worse then anything I have seen from Luiz 

Maybe be better to get behind him instead of going over the same boring stuff day after day.

He's a Chelsea player, he was part of the 11 that won us our most important trophy of our existence.

Maybe give him a chance before tearing strips off him, doesn't he deserve at least that?

It's becoming really boring.