David Luiz back at Chelsea

pacquiao

i find it funny how people try to act like Luiz makes more mistakes then any other top defender! look at Sergio Ramos he has like 21 red cards in his career, cost his team in so many games but is still considered world class, Kompany is an unbelievably clumsy CB who makes so many mistakes and gives away so many stupid freekicks, but is still seen as a solid defender, Hummels another CB who makes mistakes but is still seen as a top CB, Pique had a whole season where is was sh*t but is still seen as a world class CB, Chiellini is another one who makes mistakes and gives away silly freekicks, difference between those players and Luiz is when they play well they get praised for it, when Luiz plays well people ignore it and just wait for his next mistake so they can jump back on the bandwagon, his last game against Monaco is a perfect example, Luiz played well but gave away a stupid penalty, so was made the scapegoat once again, even though Aurier was at fault for the 1st goal and then scored an own goal in the game, but all the attention went on Luiz, fact is Luiz has way way more good games then bad games, he is probably the most underrated footballer i have ever seen. 

Meh I can't be bothered anymore.

Call me crazy but I'd rather get behind a new signing (and a previous winner) than try to pick apart his few bad games and make it all seem doom and gloom.

It's like some of you would have rather we brought in another Papy than a proven top level defender who has done it all, Moaning for moaning sakes I think.

24 minutes ago, didierforever said:

#BRINGBACKTORRES or #BRINGBACKKALOU or #BRINGBACKBOSINGWA

"Winners", "proven top player" and all that.

Do you ever get tried of slagging off Chelsea players?

I suppose now Pedro will maybe get some slack now you have Luiz to focus your insults at these days...every cloud I suppose.

It's really quite sad actually.

Edited by Chelsbear

12 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Do you ever get tried of slagging off Chelsea players?

I suppose now Pedro will maybe get some slack now you have Luiz to focus your insults at these days...every cloud I suppose.

It's really quite sad actually.

Wow. I dont think 2 players are good enough for Chelsea. That IS sad. 

Just dont understand why some people just want the moral high ground? Why not call a spade a spade. 

There is a reason we sold luiz first time around and why he played as much in mid as in defence. And that was a decision taken by the best manager on the planet. And he was replaced by a 20 year old Zouma. 

Has he improved? Hell no. But here we are 2 years down the line with the same player. Great. I should be running buck naked down the street in jubiliation. 

Also, do you know what I feel is SAD. its the fact that some fans can delude themselves concerning a player or 2. But meh.. who cares, all about the moral high ground.

53 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Meh I can't be bothered anymore.

Call me crazy but I'd rather get behind a new signing (and a previous winner) than try to pick apart his few bad games and make it all seem doom and gloom.

It's like some of you would have rather we brought in another Papy than a proven top level defender who has done it all, Moaning for moaning sakes I think.

Of course I want Luiz to do well and I hope he proves me wrong. I just think this signing was unnecessary and will turn out to be a mistake. I don't see the point of blindly hoping his two years in Paris have turned him into Franco Baresi.

Just seems to me that some are happy because we've brought back a guy with funny hair and a wacky personality rather than a proven top level defender.

9 minutes ago, Englishman said:

Of course I want Luiz to do well and I hope he proves me wrong. I just think this signing was unnecessary and will turn out to be a mistake. I don't see the point of blindly hoping his two years in Paris have turned him into Franco Baresi.

Just seems to me that some are happy because we've brought back a guy with funny hair and a wacky personality rather than a proven top level defender.

Or maybe we saw how Luiz can be when he put in a MOTM display in our biggest game in the history of the club....while he was injured.

He had far more good games for us than bad ones, scored important goals and won important trophies. No one on here has once said he was world class or the best defender in the league...he's not a poor defender though....you only have to look at what he's achieved to know that.

The whole crazy hair and such is just throwaway comments people make these days. Because some love his passion and enthusiasm to be here they shouldn't have to be tarred with the above nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Englishman said:

I never see why comments like this get such stick. As it happens I'm okay with the signing: we were unable to get a top-level defender and so went with someone who can fit straight into the squad and who knows the club. I'll always like Luiz for his performance in Munich, and his penalty in the shootout. 

There did seem to be a tendency to romanticise Luiz in is time away from Chelsea - let's face it, we hardly missed him. 

Being sceptical about signing him back doesn't make you 'negative' or anything like that; it just makes you a person with a legit opinion.

4 minutes ago, SW6 Chelsea said:

Being sceptical about signing him back doesn't make you 'negative' or anything like that; it just makes you a person with a legit opinion.

So does being ok with the signing, but apparently its just his hair and personality right?

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Or maybe we saw how Luiz can be when he put in a MOTM display in our biggest game in the history of the club....while he was injured.

He had far more good games for us than bad ones, scored important goals and won important trophies. No one on here has once said he was world class or the best defender in the league...he's not a poor defender though....you only have to look at what he's achieved to know that.

The whole crazy hair and such is just throwaway comments people make these days. Because some love his passion and enthusiasm to be here they shouldn't have to be tarred with the above nonsense.

Was Luiz MOTM against Bayern? In any case, Bosingwa had the game of his life at centre half against Barca in that semi. That doesn't make him a great defender or mean we should go and re-sign him.

Even saying he's had more good games than bad is really damning him with feint praise. We should be looking for more than than in a centre half.  Remember those same years we won the CL and EL with him in the side we were also miles off the pace in the league.

5 minutes ago, Englishman said:

Was Luiz MOTM against Bayern? In any case, Bosingwa had the game of his life at centre half against Barca in that semi. That doesn't make him a great defender or mean we should go and re-sign him.

Even saying he's had more good games than bad is really damning him with feint praise. We should be looking for more than than in a centre half.  Remember those same years we won the CL and EL with him in the side we were also miles off the pace in the league.

I agree we should have brought in someone more suited but we couldn't get our main targets and we needed a CB badly. He's far, FAR better than the rubbish we got last season so I'm not going to complain.

No one has said he is a great defender though so I'm not sure why you keep saying that?

22 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

No one has said he is a great defender though so I'm not sure why you keep saying that?

While I agree that there is really no point going over Luiz's various flaws ad nauseam now that we've signed him and we're going to have to deal with it, I would say that a missing lack of defensive competence is a pretty major oversight when considering an important defensive signing.

3 hours ago, pacquiao said:

i find it funny how people try to act like Luiz makes more mistakes then any other top defender! look at Sergio Ramos he has like 21 red cards in his career, cost his team in so many games but is still considered world class, Kompany is an unbelievably clumsy CB who makes so many mistakes and gives away so many stupid freekicks, but is still seen as a solid defender, Hummels another CB who makes mistakes but is still seen as a top CB, Pique had a whole season where is was sh*t but is still seen as a world class CB, Chiellini is another one who makes mistakes and gives away silly freekicks, difference between those players and Luiz is when they play well they get praised for it, when Luiz plays well people ignore it and just wait for his next mistake so they can jump back on the bandwagon, his last game against Monaco is a perfect example, Luiz played well but gave away a stupid penalty, so was made the scapegoat once again, even though Aurier was at fault for the 1st goal and then scored an own goal in the game, but all the attention went on Luiz, fact is Luiz has way way more good games then bad games, he is probably the most underrated footballer i have ever seen. 

It's pretty simple, those CBs you have mentioned are all world class and a league ahead of Luiz. That's football. Yes all players make mistakes in football here and there. Sometimes Ageuro might miss a sitter. With Luiz he goes into a game either scoring a 30 yard free kick or an own goal.

9 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

It's pretty simple, those CBs you have mentioned are all world class and a league ahead of Luiz. That's football. Yes all players make mistakes in football here and there. Sometimes Ageuro might miss a sitter. With Luiz he goes into a game either scoring a 30 yard free kick or an own goal.

i dont you think have watched Luiz enough if you think that, Luiz has had countless solid games where he hasnt put a foot wrong. again proving how crazy the Luiz sterotype is, people think there is always drama with Luiz whether good or bad, but like the CL final there are many games where he just defends well for 90 or 120 minutes, and people seem to ignore those games and wait for the next Luiz headline.

Edited by pacquiao

1 minute ago, pacquiao said:

i dont you think have watched Luiz enough if you think that, Luiz has had countless solid games where he hasnt put a foot wrong. again proving how crazy the Luiz sterotype is, people think there is always drama with Luiz whether good or bad, but like the CL final there are many games where he just defends well for 90 or even 120 minutes, and people seem to ignore those games and wait for the next Luiz headline.

I judge Luiz on his time at Chelsea and he was a liability who had to be moved to midfield for his and Chelsea's own good. The 50m if that's true what Chelsea got for him is one of the best deals ever in football.

I don't really judge his time in French football where it's a weak league and Luiz plays in the best team by far. PSG would fight it out for the prem let alone win the Ligue 1 by 31 points.

I hope his improved as a player and Conte can knock some sense into him.

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

I judge Luiz on his time at Chelsea and he was a liability who had to be moved to midfield for his and Chelsea's own good. The 50m if that's true what Chelsea got for him is one of the best deals ever in football.

I don't really judge his time in French football where it's a weak league and Luiz plays in the best team by far. PSG would fight it out for the prem let alone win the Ligue 1 by 31 points.

I hope his improved as a player and Conte can knock some sense into him.

i am talking about his time at Chelsea where he put in so many solid performances, just because Mourinho moved him to midfield doesnt mean much, Mourinho sold De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku and eventually Luiz as well, doesnt mean that was for Chelsea's own good, Cahill is more of liability then Luiz but Cahill gets a pass because he doesnt have the same reputation Luiz got for giving away 2 penalties early in his Chelsea career, and subsequently called a liability and that has stuck with him ever since, same way Anelka was called Le Sulk due to his attitude at a young age that stuck with him throughout his career, Ashley Cole was called Cashley Cole for wanting more money at Arsenal and then signing for Chelsea that stuck with him throughout his career, Luiz is stuck with this liability tag all for giving away penalties against Fulham and Birmingham which cost Chelsea 0 points in those games! 

5 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

i am talking about his time at Chelsea where he put in so many solid performances, just because Mourinho moved him to midfield doesnt mean much, Mourinho sold De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku and eventually Luiz as well, doesnt mean that was for Chelsea's own good, Cahill is more of liability then Luiz but Cahill gets a pass because he doesnt have the same reputation Luiz got for giving away 2 penalties early in his Chelsea career, and subsequently called a liability and that has stuck with him ever since, same way Anelka was called Le Sulk due to his attitude at a young age that stuck with him throughout his career, Ashley Cole was called Cashley Cole for wanting more money at Arsenal and then signing for Chelsea that stuck with him throughout his career, Luiz is stuck with this liability tag all for giving away penalties against Fulham and Birmingham which cost Chelsea 0 points in those games! 

If that's what you reckon. Cahill is a better defender than Luiz, to perform over a whole season and win the premiership you have to be a good defender. Cahill might not be as good now but I am talking about in his peak.