David Luiz back at Chelsea

54 minutes ago, Valerie said:

So am I. I'm even looking forward to the posts on him in Match Chat :biggrin:

Oh christ... I think I might need to continue my self enforced absence from match day threads tonight. 

I think the forum will be in meltdown within the first 15 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, coco said:

I guess some of our fans will be celebrating (in stealth mode) every time he makes a mistake, especially if we concede from it.

I am someone who is apprehensive about Luiz (although I realise perhaps he was the best available choice to buy), and I hope I am completely wrong in my assessment. Just like how I don't think we will win the league if I had to put money on it, I still hope I am wrong. I imagine most supporters of Chelsea are the same and will support the team not wish bad to say I told you so... what you think of something and what you hope for can differ.

Edited by Saru
13 minutes ago, Saru said:

I am someone who is apprehensive about Luiz (although I realise perhaps he was the best available choice to buy), and I hope I am completely wrong in my assessment. Just like how I don't think we will win the league if I had to put money on it, I still hope I am wrong. I imagine most supporters of Chelsea are the same and will support the team not wish bad to say I told you so... what you think of something and what you hope for can differ.

Unfortunately I think your wrong, weve seen on this forum countless posters who appear when were not doing well making loads of negative posts, only to disappear as soon as things pick up. We even had one before the first match hoping Costa wouldn't score so he could make a point, its truly pathetic. I, like you and others, am very unsure as to how Luiz will go in our defence, but I hope he proves me massively wrong and proves a match winner. I can honestly say Ive never once hoped one of our players would play badly, even Eto`o who I really disliked when we signed him. Every player in Chelsea blue has my 100% backing in every game no matter how badly hes play of late.

Unfortunately I think your wrong, weve seen on this forum countless posters who appear when were not doing well making loads of negative posts, only to disappear as soon as things pick up. We even had one before the first match hoping Costa wouldn't score so he could make a point, its truly pathetic. I, like you and others, am very unsure as to how Luiz will go in our defence, but I hope he proves me massively wrong and proves a match winner. I can honestly say Ive never once hoped one of our players would play badly, even Eto`o who I really disliked when we signed him. Every player in Chelsea blue has my 100% backing in every game no matter how badly hes play of late.

Wow! I thought am the only one who dislike Eto!
1 hour ago, magichat said:

some of our fans would rather see Luiz plays bad but proven right, than to see Luiz plays good but proven wrong. true story

Really? 

I don't think that's really how it works unless you are one of those guys who supports 'his player' -  a countryman who happens to play for Chelsea and he just wants his Mikel to be in the side or whatever.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't like Luiz as a centre back. I have grown to hate seeing Iva playing RB and I don't very much like seeing Oscar in the XI. I couldn't stand seeing Torres play game in and game out, but not once did it cross my mind that I would want any one of those players to mess up or play poorly. 

A player playing well is all a fan wants, no matter who it is.

50 minutes ago, Remodez said:

What did Courtois do wrong for either goal?

When there is an absolute shambles of defensive organisation, I wonder why the GK hasn't done anything about it. No-one was better placed to tell the defence that there were 4 liverpool players unmarked at the back post. While I would always see Cech organising his back line, particularly at set pieces, it seems since he has left we've been sorely lacking that. And with JT out that was amplified, leading to an embarrassingly poor set piece defence.

Did make a good save from Origi near the end there though.

6 hours ago, Kante Conte said:

Really? 

I don't think that's really how it works unless you are one of those guys who supports 'his player' -  a countryman who happens to play for Chelsea and he just wants his Mikel to be in the side or whatever.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't like Luiz as a centre back. I have grown to hate seeing Iva playing RB and I don't very much like seeing Oscar in the XI. I couldn't stand seeing Torres play game in and game out, but not once did it cross my mind that I would want any one of those players to mess up or play poorly. 

A player playing well is all a fan wants, no matter who it is.

if you pay attention to match day thread or player thread, you will notice some are like that

1 hour ago, Remodez said:

What did Courtois do wrong for either goal?

he was at fault for merely existing

Edited by magichat