David Luiz back at Chelsea

Just don't understand why we leave it to the last minute and panic buy would have thought we would have learned by now look a couple of years back when we won the title signed what we needed in first week or so of the window being open and we were fine.. I know prices quoted around these players are insane in this day and age but really who is there around available that will turn our defence world class?

Divided opinion but consider this....Luiz and Costa on the same team..what big team would look forward to playing us, a street wise team always puts the other team off sync PSG did it to us in the CL. Add kante's 2 man status in midfield with hazards worldclass tormenting of defenders and we are a puzzle for any team in the world, just all round unpleasant to play against and sometimes that is more effective than 11 world beaters.  

All this stems from a rumour which originated with the Mail and which other sources have since disputed. The whole thing sounds dubious at best. Not to mention...

A new centre-half isn't a priority for us, so I don't know why we'd be splashing out on one when there are more pressing areas, like full back and attack, where we need cover.

I can't see Conte, who loves clean sheets and a solid defence as much as Jose, being interested in someone as erratic as Luiz. .

56 minutes ago, Englishman said:

All this stems from a rumour which originated with the Mail and which other sources have since disputed. The whole thing sounds dubious at best. Not to mention...

A new centre-half isn't a priority for us, so I don't know why we'd be splashing out on one when there are more pressing areas, like full back and attack, where we need cover.

I can't see Conte, who loves clean sheets and a solid defence as much as Jose, being interested in someone as erratic as Luiz. .

Attack more pressing than a CB...interesting point of view, what's the thought behind this? 

34 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Attack more pressing than a CB...interesting point of view, what's the thought behind this? 

Agree with you Don. Centre back is of vital necessity this year. Terry is old as f**k, Zouma is currently crocked as f**k, Azpiliceuta is right footed as f**k and Aina is young as f**k. 

2 hours ago, Englishman said:

The only thing that has me paying any attention to this is that Sky Sports picked it up too. From what I can see we likely did make a big but PSG have told us to get f**ked.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I have no issues with it.

Football is about winning and he celebrated winning.

Wish more players did it personally, I actually don't like players refusing to celebrate against former clubs makes the sport feel sterile and vanilla.

Unless it's a bona fide club legend or something, I agree. Nothing worse than seeing someone not celebrate against a club they played for for barely a season or something. Imagine Lamps giving it the big contrite act when scoring against Swansea or JT doing it against Boro. 

2 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

When I think 'Conte-type centre half' big Dave is about as far down my list as it's possible to get.

I really, really don't get this link.

unless he's looking to play david in DM role, yeah really don't get this one, conte probably had occasional nightmares dreaming about his cb's bombing forward ala david

it oozes of a club signing, a fan favorite to weather the storm of restless chelsea fans

Edited by havelschayes
3 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

Unless it's a bona fide club legend or something, I agree. Nothing worse than seeing someone not celebrate against a club they played for for barely a season or something. Imagine Lamps giving it the big contrite act when scoring against Swansea or JT doing it against Boro. 

What am I saying, getting my red teams mixed up. Meant Forest.

People seem to forget we have the rat now shielding our back four, he makes any CB look good, Morgan and Huth looked world class last season mainly down to the rat, Cahill has looked as good as ever so far this season with the rat in front of him, I have no worries about Luiz if we do re-sign him.

7 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

Just don't understand why we leave it to the last minute and panic buy would have thought we would have learned by now look a couple of years back when we won the title signed what we needed in first week or so of the window being open and we were fine.. I know prices quoted around these players are insane in this day and age but really who is there around available that will turn our defence world class?

Nobody. Thats the problem

41 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

People seem to forget we have the rat now shielding our back four, he makes any CB look good, Morgan and Huth looked world class last season mainly down to the rat, Cahill has looked as good as ever so far this season with the rat in front of him, I have no worries about Luiz if we do re-sign him.

That is a rubbish nickname. It might work in French but it doesn't in English!

As for Luiz, let it not happen. 

Would be a horrible signing. 

You couldn't go through a game thinking he wouldn't do something daft.