pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

2 hours ago, ivorycoast said:

Who has trouble managing someone like Luis? Conte is just so bad at man management, even Avram Grant wasn't this bad. To be a successful long term manager, you have to be good at man management. I'm grateful for everything he has done but losing matic, luis and Costa is too much.

Can't wait until this buffoon gets sacked.

This has to be a joke right?

I mean the decorated Alex Ferguson falls out with players all the time and he's one of the most longest serving manager ever.

3 hours ago, ivorycoast said:

Who has trouble managing someone like Luis? Conte is just so bad at man management, even Avram Grant wasn't this bad. To be a successful long term manager, you have to be good at man management. I'm grateful for everything he has done but losing matic, luis and Costa is too much.

Lol. A wonderful mix of entitlement, hubris, ignorance and outright balderdash. I reckon you're only Chelsea when we win.

17 hours ago, ivorycoast said:

Good god man :face_palm:

You don't know what has gone on and neither does any other fan, but something has happened and Conte has done what he thinks is best for the team. Why complain when we have won 2 in 2 without him and looked more solid defensively than we have done all season ? 

You say Conte is a buffoon, but how do you know it's Conte's fault ? Costa caused his own problems. He was lucky to stay at the club when he threw his bib at Mourinho a few years back, since then he caused more problems and Conte dealt with the situation perfectly. As for Matic, i don't even know why you have bought him up. Did they fall out ? i don't remember that. From what i remember, Conte wanted to keep Matic.

You have turned your back on the manager based on zero facts.

I'm just going to share my feelings a bit about the Luiz situation. 

As someone who has been on almost every Chelsea part of social media, I've always defended Luiz. I remember his debut when he came on against Liverpool, Liverpool were smashing us, they were attacking after attacking, Luiz came on and it all changed, he just dispossessed them so easily, everyone was very impressed. His first 6 months at this club he looked an absolute beast, and I've never forgotten how good he was, 23 years old and I had huge hope for him to be a world beater, watch David Luiz vs Manchester City 2011 and you’ll see how good he was, that was a 10/10 performance.  

Then AVB came along and we saw a different Luiz, a Luiz that consistently made a mistake which lead to a goal every game. Fans started hating him, pundits were slaughtering him and AVB was coming under huge pressure. Can everyone recall the Gary Neville comment? “He looks like a 12-year-old has control of him on a joystick” something along those words, AVB went crazy about the comment, but Gary was actually right. Luiz lacked discipline, he just did what he wanted, and we had no other defenders at the time. It was stressful as a fan defending him, I always had faith in him that he would return to his old form, I constantly defended the guy on multiple forums while so many supporters wanted him gone.

He had his ups and downs from then on at the club, but he never returned to that form of 2011 when he was first signed. Mourinho even tried converting him to a CM because people gave up on him as a defender, he just lacked matureness & discipline. He always wanted to play the ball out instead of just clearing it.

When he finally left the club I was very happy and the only thing that surprised me about it was the whopping fee. A lot of stress went into watching and defending David Luiz, I was just glad that was finished and we could move on. Now people might think what I’m about to say is overboard and not fair, but I hated him when he celebrated against us after scoring that goal, I felt absolute betrayal because all I did was defend him as a player and he didn’t care. I know it sounds stupid, the guy doesn’t even know I exist. I mean he just scored a winning goal for his team in a Champions League 2nd leg. But the lack of respect really just got to me, I remember Daniel Sturridge scored a goal and assisted one against us which got the equalizer and he refused to celebrate, and DS is known to have attitude problems and had a right to celebrate against us after we shunned him. But he didn’t, even at Anfield he refused to celebrate and showed respect to us, Luiz didn’t do that and that really pissed me off. It wasn’t just the celebration either, it was his antics the whole match, diving and fouling, it’s like he deliberately wanted to piss us off.

So when I heard Conte wanted him back I was very angry and very disappointed because for one I lost faith in the player, I just didn’t rate him anymore he never looked like he was going to be a solid defender and lastly, I disliked him for his antics. But my god did he prove me wrong on the first part, he was superb last season, easily the best defender in the league. Even now I think he’s a very good defender, and I would even go as far as saying he’s the best ball playing centre-back in the world by quite some distance. But onto the last part, I don’t think he has proven me wrong, I still have issues with him, I still have this dislike towards him for that very night at the Bridge. He just doesn’t seem respectful as a player or person, I might be going overboard here I’ve argued this situation many many times and upset many Chelsea supporters about it. But something in me feels like he won’t play for this club again, something about him I’m not sure, I’m sad overall, but I also don’t really like the guy that much since that match. Even though he was a big contribution to the title since his return. So this row with Conte makes perfect sense to me, it doesn’t surprise me that much because I think the guy is a disrespectful guy, I don’t think he cares that much, maybe I’m reading into this too deep, feel free to correct me on that. But someone hit the nail on the head earlier, of all the players to have an attitude problem in the dressing room Luiz would be the biggest bet to have one.

I'm kinda sad about his situation. He doesn't strike me like the type to throw a strop, but appearances can be deceptive. I always get the feeling he gives his best. Whether that is always good enough is another discussion. Hopefully, whatever happened has been dealt with and he gets back in the team. With the packed schedule, we definitely need his cover in both defense and midfield

3 hours ago, Stim said:

Of all the criticisms ever levelled at Luiz, thinking he doesn't care that much is not one of them.

I think "carefree" would have been a more apt description.

Conte's terrible man management disrupting the squad again.

Instead of fixing the bust up with Luis, he decides he'd rather make the squad weaker and let one of our best players go. All this over a substitution where luis wanted to be kept on.

Someone at the club needs to rein Conte in before he starts screwing up the squad again.

2 minutes ago, ivorycoast said:

Instead of fixing the bust up with Luis, he decides he'd rather make the squad weaker and let one of our best players go. All this over a substitution where luis wanted to be kept on.

Someone at the club needs to rein Conte in before he starts screwing up the squad again.

And what do you expect Conte to do if one of his players doesn't listen to him? 

How can a manager manage when his players won't listen to him, without management we wouldn't have a team. 

And plus you don't know anything that's going on behind the scenes at all to suggest Conte is bullying our players and disrupting them. If Luiz doesn't want to play for the club anymore or has problems with Conte then he can go, it's as simple as that. 

I never said Conte was bullying our players. I said he doesn't know how to deal with people.

David doesn't strike me as a troublemaker. Luis is an emotional guy, he got upset that he got substituted. Now this is a normal situation for any manager, your big personalities get upset and its your job to deal with it. But somehow it doesn't get dealt with, and has wildly escalated to point where Luis is leaving. That is poor man management. It's poor leadership.

It's not the first time this has happened either. . It's happened with Matic and Diego. And our squad was weaker because of it.

And its funny to our fans talking about how terrible Luis is. I'm sure that's why the best team in europe wants him, because he's awful.

5 minutes ago, ivorycoast said:

I never said Conte was bullying our players. I said he doesn't know how to deal with people.

David doesn't strike me as a troublemaker. Luis is an emotional guy, he got upset that he got substituted. Now this is a normal situation for any manager, your big personalities get upset and its your job to deal with it. But somehow it doesn't get dealt with, and has wildly escalated to point where Luis is leaving. That is poor man management. It's poor leadership.

It's not the first time this has happened either. . It's happened with Matic and Diego. And our squad was weaker because of it.

And its funny to our fans talking about how terrible Luis is. I'm sure that's why the best team in europe wants him, because he's awful.

It doesn't change the fact that you know absolutely nothing on the subject of Conte and player management. 

You're making large accusations there, the Costa situation was around before Conte, I doubt it was Conte's fault that Costa was wanting to leave the club. And I think it's pretty clear Costa was wanting to leave the club for other reasons, not Conte. Matic was poor for us last season, he was the weak link. United offered over 40 million, I creamed my pants at that offer, let them have him. 

If you're really doubting Conte's man management, how did he turn a player like Victor Moses into what he is now? Jose wanted him out of the club. 

Costa wanted to leave Chelsea the second the ink on his signing contract with Chelsea dried.  Conte could of handled it better sure, but his biggest crime here was telling a player who kept asking to that fine, you can go I've planned without you.  Conte was the means to an end for Costa who put on a performance worthy of those famous Spanish (Mexican maybe?) Soap Operas, and not the reason.  Costa stopped playing for Mourinho, he a sh*t man manager too? He left Athletico to come here, do we disparage Simeone's man management too?   

Matic wanted to go work with Mourinho, which I found funny simply for the #of people who claimed Matic must hate Mourinho over being subbed on and off in the same match (even though in the context it made perfect sense for the teams tactics and wasn't at all a message about Matic or his performance) and it was intentional by Mourinho to humiliate Matic LOL. No, like many other players Matic wanted to follow Mourinho to the new gig and unlike most actually did.

I see no reason to doubt Conte's man management.  You could even argue that this season has helped prove his abilities here.  I have no doubt that Conte demanded and still demands as much as Mourinho ever did did, yet look whose having a second season almost as good as the first and who had a team not willing to play for him because "fatigue".

End of the day, managing the squad is more important than managing any single player, and sometimes to maintain the former you need to replace or readjust the roles of some of the latter.

Edited by Barry Bridges

Just my two cents but
Costa was a player that seemed like he wanted to leave Chelsea from the start
Luiz clearly has a passion for our club, he pushed to return and likely wants to stay.
Doesn't seem right selling such a talented player who has a passion for us. 

9 hours ago, ivorycoast said:

Terrible man management pmsl. You can't make this stuff up. 90% of the people that work with Conte say he's the best coach they've had and would run through walls for him. 

Really, really hope he doesn’t get sold. Christensen might be good but he’s also very young and I’d like to have David Luiz and his experience for the CL-knockout stages thank you very much.
I hope he and Conte can settle their differences and then go on and win us some titles again.

Luiz was an absolute ROCK last season. I believe he’ll get back to that level in a littlebit if he stays so fingers crossed. Bouhafsi and the RMC and The Telegraph are all running with the Real Madrid-story though so that’s not very encouraging.

Bouhafsi with RMC and The Telegraph is also on the Luiz to Real Madrid story. So there is clearly something in that.

I hope we don't sell him. Christensen is doing well now but he's young. I'd like to have Luiz