pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

Most bizarre story ive heard all summer. If there is any truth in it, its a pretty sh*tty move by Dsvid Luiz, certainly not what you would expect from someone that says they love the club.

Hopefully its a storm in a teacup, it really doesnt seem like a plausible story given the fact luiz has just signed a 2 year extension, and we have a transfer ban. 

18 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

The way he’s doing this at the last minute while we’re on a ban is annoying but wanting to leave for a rival? f**k him I wouldn’t sell anybody to Arsenal, ship him out of England if he’s so set on leaving. 

I heard Everton are looking for a CB  :Troll_Face:

Lmao pretty funny in all honesty, would be lying if i were to say I saw this coming!

Depends on what kinda fee he goes for tbf, 30m or above and ill take it given hes 32! Arsenal seem pretty desperate anyway. And given Arsenal's current defence, signing someone like Luiz who is prone to mistakes would be hilarious!

I guess he didn't like the fact that he was going to be playing as a 4th CB behind Rudi, Christensen and Zouma. Probably a good thing he left, now someone like Tomori has been promoted which is good to see.

It’s interesting that it’s being mentioned that he is worried about game time.

Lets be  brutally honest he isn’t a defender you can rely on . On his day he is a superstar but those days are reducing in their number. 

I thought it was interesting that Zouma started on the left against Monchengladbach in most PSF he played on the right and as most of us recognise Rudiger is a cast iron certainty to claim that position one he returns.

No crcidilebtears from me he has been a loyal player but a great defender he ain’t.

Franks played with him won a CL with him, I’m actually impressed he put that aside and showed no favouritism.

Only problem is the high press will kill us as seen in the last friendly, Luiz is the outball, maybe frank fancies Rudi with a young quick CB pairing and tbh not a bad shout if he can think of a way round that press. 

Rudi and Zouma sheer speed and power, Rudi and AC nice balance, they aren’t bad maybe Rudi is recovering quicker than expected, who knows.

Bold move Luiz is a serious figure and influential in the dressing room. 

Weirdest story I've read in the past few months. Just signed a contract a few months ago then pulls this stunt. F*ck him if that's the case. Hopefully next season we can reinvest the money on a WC CB and a WC CF

If we didn’t have the ban I would be more than happy to let him go as I don’t think he’s a particularly good defender. However, having said that - with Rudiger injured. I don’t want this happening. I’m happy with Christensen in the side but I just don’t think Zouma is good enough as a defender or on the ball and he’d be starting consistently until Rudiger is back fit. At least Luiz has ability on the ball. 

If he’s really pushing for the move under these circumstances it’s a pretty sh*tty move by all accounts!

Would make for a very happy Just lol.

I have no issues in selling him or selling him to Arsenal. Capable of the sublime or the Stupid in equal measure, would sooner game time went to Tomori along with Rudiger, Christensen and Zouma.

Saw it coming a mile away, didn’t he get stroppy when he was out of the team under Conte or am I imaging it? Personally never fancied him as a player, most of his passes were Hollywood balls to be honest.

Willian & Giroud are the other two to keep an eye on, and they are certain to mouth off to the Press when they end up outside the 1st 11.

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Saw it coming a mile away, didn’t he get stroppy when he was out of the team under Conte or am I imaging it? Personally never fancied him as a player, most of his passes were Hollywood balls to be honest.

Willian & Giroud are the other two to keep an eye on, and they are certain to mouth off to the Press when they end up outside the 1st 11.

Ah too much to dream Willian would push off especially with him getting the number 10 shirt.

What a sh*tshow. Luiz has qualities that are essential to our play. He may not be the best defender, but ultimately none of our defenders are amazing at defending. At least Luiz gives us composure on the ball playing out from the back, as well as that creativity from the back picking out a pass. I actually thought Luiz & Zouma would be the likely partnership going into the season. 

Never particularly liked him that much, always think he's been a disruptive influence in the dressing room along with Willian and the likes etc.

Arsenal must be mad going for somebody who cannot defend adding to the long list of defenders they have who also can't.

Not ideal days before the season, with Rudiger still out injured and a transfer ban. Presumably Frank sees Zouma and Christsensen ahead of him once Rudiger is back.