Jump to content

pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, ENygma said:

And when have we done that before? If you're talking about Mata and Matic and you're using the term "strengthen" then I dont know what to say....

Aren't you missing the point here, though?

You could rightly say it didn't strengthen them, but that's all in hindsight. 

Matic was the kind of player they needed and wanted. 

Mata was Chelsea's PoTY twice in a row and at the time was regarded as a very talented attacking midfielder with a lot creativity and goals in him - something Man Utd and Moyes were badly missing when sold. 

Same with Cech. 

He was still playing well enough to rival Courtois before he left and they had keeper issues. 

There were very real possibilities, even likelihoods that it would strengthen those teams then and the club was happy to sell them to rivals. 

Luiz could well flop - I think he will - but for all his iffy defensive moments, he does have real quality and games where he's a real monster.

Could be Lampard has had a look and decided Luiz would do more to derail Arsenal than do them good, based on what he's been seeing in training, hence the low fee and willingness to let him go to them. 

 

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Good, now Marina needs to use the European windows to get rid of more deadwood from our squad. Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko for sure should go.

Good luck shifting Drinkwater to a European club. Think it's England or bust for him, likely on loan as we're hardly in a position to get a big fee marketing him on the basis of his production over the last 12-18 months.

 

Zappa and Baka look likely though. Makes sense to keep Zappa around right up to the close of the Euro window as James is still recovering from injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Let him rot in the reserves. 

Lampard has apparently told him his fourth choice. What is Luiz going to do? He still wants to play first team football and has a life & business in London. Unfortunately a direct rival for top four is gaining an asset from us and we cannot replace him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£8m is too low.

If he goes will we all be calling him Agent Luiz when he has a ‘mare against us and plays like only sideshow can on a bad day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a man of David Luiz' means would find a way of managing Babbo long-distance if he was based in, say, Liverpool. He probably already pays someone to do so on his behalf.

So send him to Everton, I say. 

In all seriousness though, bit miffed about the manner of his departure but will get over the sight of him in an Arsenal shirt quickly enough. Unless they beat us into top four... but frankly that's a possibility even if we weren't giving them Luiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigma said:

Not sure why Luiz is picked out as a terrible defender who always makes mistakes. He makes as many mistakes/poor decisions as any of our other defenders. He also creates chances for us with his passing range and vision from the back. He is an asset for any team, especially one like Arsenal who have a pacey forward line and can make those sneaky runs in behind. He would for sure strengthen Arsenal and if the board agree to this sale, they are mad. 

Luiz is picked out because he is a bang average defender. It’s as simple as that. His ability on the ball is why he’s lasted at top clubs, if it was purely based on defending he’d be at mid table club. 

 

He makes more than our other defenders in my opinion & often gets a free pass from some when it doesn’t lead to a goal. He’s also the most senior of all our CB’s so he’s the one who should be making the least mistakes out of all of them. 

 

Would he strengthen them though? A CB pairing of Luiz & Mustafi is a total bomb scare and any attack would be licking their lips at the thought of coming up against them.

 

- although the timing and the reported £8m does leave a sour taste in the mouth if we sanction this, however I fear Luiz could well become toxic in the changing room if we don’t move him on.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea are ready to agree David Luiz transfer to Arsenal - for just £8million.

- @MirrorDarren

 

Not happy for £8m!!

Can somebody just come out and say this has all been a massive wind up? £8m for a player like Luiz......:huh2: Selling him at any price in our position is absurd enough, but I struggle to come up with another word to describe that price tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather we got more than £8m for him, but I don’t get the hate for a player who simply wants to move to a ’big’ club, in a country he clearly loves, when his opportunities at Chelsea are very limited it seems. Why should he move to somewhere like Everton just to appease the fans of the current club he is no longer a first choice player in ?

Good luck to him whatever he does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Luiz is picked out because he is a bang average defender. It’s as simple as that. His ability on the ball is why he’s lasted at top clubs, if it was purely based on defending he’d be at mid table club. 

 

He makes more than our other defenders in my opinion & often gets a free pass from some when it doesn’t lead to a goal. He’s also the most senior of all our CB’s so he’s the one who should be making the least mistakes out of all of them. 

 

Would he strengthen them though? A CB pairing of Luiz & Mustafi is a total bomb scare and any attack would be licking their lips at the thought of coming up against them.

 

- although the timing and the reported £8m does leave a sour taste in the mouth if we sanction this, however I fear Luiz could well become toxic in the changing room if we don’t move him on.

I don't think his ball skills are the only thing that has kept him at top clubs. He's a big character on the field, takes responsibility, get's teams fired up and makes a name for himself in the big games. Even with his defensive flaws, he's a proven winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, enigma said:

Lampard has apparently told him his fourth choice. 

I don’t for one second believe a manager would do that.

Rudiger isn’t even fit so how’s Lampard going to have decided he’s ahead of Luiz? 

There’s no way a manager would explicitly say “I’m picking three other players ahead of you”.

There’s more to this than just being picked or not. Lampard’s appointment is seeing a big cultural shift at Chelsea and it’s looking like Luiz is a casualty of that... things are going to be very different at the club this year compared to what we’ve seen previously under Roman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. Can't believe there is transfer drama involving us whilst on a ban. You couldn't make it up.

Regardless of people's opinions of him, we should not be selling to them. Even if we had a transfer ban, he is better and a lot better than all their current CB and would improve them, He also would create even more chances of their deadly strikeforce. Not surprised they want him. I will actually be livid to see this happen. It is like the club are settling for mediocrity this season. 

We defo have taken a leaf out of Arsenal's book. Selling players to PL rivals. Wow, I am not looking forward to this season at all. And if it is for the reported £8m, how does that benefit us? It is small money.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must say I’m surprised by this. Luiz does have the long ball we need but it’s also clear that there’s been a bust up. Too much smoke for no fire. We will need to move on from luiz at some point, maybe just not now. We have other central defenders but they are mostly right side based. Rough start to the season coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crem said:

I’d rather we got more than £8m for him, but I don’t get the hate for a player who simply wants to move to a ’big’ club, in a country he clearly loves, when his opportunities at Chelsea are very limited it seems. Why should he move to somewhere like Everton just to appease the fans of the current club he is no longer a first choice player in ?

Good luck to him whatever he does.

 

Chelsea football club should come first. The only thing this transfer would bring is a big risk. It's going to be hard enough getting top 4 next season, why make it harder by selling one of our big name players to a rival, especially a hated rival like Arsenal?

Football really has changed. There was once a time when players would never want to move to a team they have had a bitter rivalry with throughout most of their careers, those days seem to have all but gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

Good luck shifting Drinkwater to a European club. Think it's England or bust for him, likely on loan as we're hardly in a position to get a big fee marketing him on the basis of his production over the last 12-18 months.

 

Zappa and Baka look likely though. Makes sense to keep Zappa around right up to the close of the Euro window as James is still recovering from injury.

How you going to loan a player even in England that doesn’t offer much but all round mediocrity and have the courage to ask anyone to pay his 100k a week wages.

Maybe if we payed for half someone might take him and if they exist we should snatch their arm off we are stacked in midfield he is nowhere near to getting a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think his ball skills are the only thing that has kept him at top clubs. He's a big character on the field, takes responsibility, get's teams fired up and makes a name for himself in the big games. Even with his defensive flaws, he's a proven winner.

He does indeed and not always in a good way, he has had some shocking performances in big games. He’s 32 years old. He’s not going to improve now, he’s far more likely to deteriorate. 

 

Like I say I’m not overly chuffed that it’s arsenal, especially for £8m, but if he’s adamant he’s wanting to go then so be it, he’s not prime John Terry. It’s better than having a stroppy Brazilian around the club. We’ve all screamed trust the youth so we are. No one is expecting us to win the league, a lot of people don’t even fancy us to make top 4 this season with Luiz. So we run with Rudiger, Christensen & Zouma as the main defenders. If they show they don’t have enough over the course of the season, we’ve given them a fair crack and we buy in new CB’s next summer.

 

I just don’t think Luiz is as good as some folk are making out. Selling them Cech was a bigger deal to me and that didn’t improve them significantly. Signings like Tierney are more concerning when it comes to Arsenal. I reckon he can get to a similar level to Robertson at Liverpool.

 

Personally I’d rather we steered clear of Brazilians going forward, there seems to be an unusually high number of them that cause headaches for the clubs they’re with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Frank Lampard decided Luiz should train away from the rest of his Chelsea players at Cobham, following a week in which the Brazilian is believed to have become a disruptive influence 

Luiz had spoken positively about the new era under Lampard at Chelsea, but it is understood there have been a number of disagreements in the background surrounding the central defender since the pre-season victory over Red Bull Salzburg.

Kurt Zouma partnered Andreas Christensen for Chelsea’s final pre-season friendly against Borussia Monchengladbach and it seems Lampard will now put his faith in the pair for the first Premier League game of the season against Manchester United on Sunday.

Luiz’s behaviour has come as a shock to Chelsea, given the fact he signed a new contract and has spoken positively about the season ahead.“

@Matt_Law_DT”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, STATS said:

LOL. Can't believe there is transfer drama involving us whilst on a ban. You couldn't make it up.

Regardless of people's opinions of him, we should not be selling to them. Even if we had a transfer ban, he is better and a lot better than all their current CB and would improve them, He also would create even more chances of their deadly strikeforce. Not surprised they want him. I will actually be livid to see this happen. It is like the club are settling for mediocrity this season. 

We defo have taken a leaf out of Arsenal's book. Selling players to PL rivals. Wow, I am not looking forward to this season at all. And if it is for the reported £8m, how does that benefit us? It is small money.....

People have been saying for a while we have been turning into Arsenal. We are still better than them at winning things, but the amount of money we spend on average footballers and how often we sell to rivals is very Arsenal like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Crem said:

I’d rather we got more than £8m for him, but I don’t get the hate for a player who simply wants to move to a ’big’ club, in a country he clearly loves, when his opportunities at Chelsea are very limited it seems. Why should he move to somewhere like Everton just to appease the fans of the current club he is no longer a first choice player in ?

Good luck to him whatever he does.

 

He won 3 European trophies and the league with us over 2 stints you would think he wouldn’t be such a c**t to leave us a day before the window closes to a rival because he wasn’t promised game time at 32.

Tye least you would expect would be a JT type situation where he shows his worth in the changing room as some sort of thanks for his time here.

Mind you did you see his celebration when he put us out of the CL with PSG, what a header that was never scored one since for us....he just might be more Mr David Luiz than Mr Chelsea 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

How you going to loan a player even in England that doesn’t offer much but all round mediocrity and have the courage to ask anyone to pay his 100k a week wages.

Maybe if we payed for half someone might take him and if they exist we should snatch their arm off we are stacked in midfield he is nowhere near to getting a game 

Yep. Hence 'or bust,' entirely possible he has another year slumming it around Cobham and getting up to extra curricular mischief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

Cech to Arsenal when they were in desperate need of goalkeeper and this would be another. I guess your fine with strengthening our rivals while we can’t sign anyone? Oh ya and Mata and Matic have strengthened United I’d much rather we sell abroad than domestically. Plus the sale of Matic was forced because the club wanted Baka as his new young replacement and we have seen how well that worked out.

Also selling a young Sturridge to liverpool wasn’t a great idea considering he has a few great years there. 

We sold Mata and Matic when they were past their peak (yes Mata was only 26 but he was never going to hit his 2012 heights again). Everyone says United won't do the same but i bet if we bid over the odds for Lingard or one of their sh*te CBs OGS would drive them here himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Positive news, very happy about this one, defence will be much better without him, new players new direction, we do not need older players who dont want to be here causing a stink, was only ever going to be 4th choice this season anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeta said:

Tomori isn't good enough.

 

What a crock of sh*t. How often have you seen him play? If you saw him play at Derby you'll know he was their best player, according to their fans. If you're judging him solely on a couple of pre-season games, well, I'll repeat, what a crock of sh*t. You have no idea if he's good enough. You can't have.

 

When Klopp gave Alexander-Arnold a chance, at the age of 18, were you saying he wasn't good enough? Tomori is one year older than Alexander-Arnold. Maybe he needs a manager who believes in him. Maybe, you never know. 

 

Instead of saying he isn't good enough, how about saying, we won't know until we play him? By all means judge him but judge him once you've seen him. Your opinion is uninformed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

People have been saying for a while we have been turning into Arsenal. We are still better than them at winning things, but the amount of money we spend on average footballers and how often we sell to rivals is very Arsenal like. 

It's totally different. Matic who was sh*t for two years, Cech who was on his last legs and been replaced with a top class young keeper and Mata who wasn't in the gaffers plans is nothing close to the same as Cole, RVP, Nasri and Adebayor all in their primes and seen as crucial to the Arsenal team at the time.

Edited by Argo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...