David Luiz back at Chelsea

6 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

I'm guessing we're not looking to play out from the back this season then? Neither Zouma or Christianson have much composure on the ball.

I think this may end up in tears.

I think Christensen is fine with playing out and even has the ability to charge forward into midfield with the ball.

He doesn't have the long passing range Luiz has though.

I really liked SSB more as a character and I welcomed him back even after his celebration when scoring in to us, knowing well he is a defensive liability, but for me leaving us on deadline day under a ban...slimy move.

I get he wants first team football but look what he has won with us..a bit of loyalty and support for the new manager, him ex team mate wouldn’t be too much to ask, even if he agreed to go in Jan when Rudi is back....sh*t box 

B1FB0061-C45A-4185-9597-0C1ADF58DD5B.jpeg

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

The man has a couple of years of football left. It has become apparent that he is not in FLs plans. He has a few options, 

1. Stay and be a leading influence in the squad playing a bit part role. Not sure what that role might be but it wouldn’t be teaching the youngsters how to defend. For this role we pay him about £10m per year for 2 years.

2. Stay and do f**k all only come in to train and generally be a poor influence on those around the club. For this we pay about £10m per year for 2 years.

3. He wants to extend his playing career and agrees with club that he should be transferred out even at this late stage. How amiable this decision was I haven’t a clue but I’d think it suited both sides. For this we save about £10m per year for two years plus whatever transfer fee.

im disappointed that he went to Arsenal but I think that it will take more than an ageing David Luiz to turn them into a top side.

For me arsenal have had the best window by far look at their attacking options now, and whatever we think of SSB he is better than what they had, can you imagine him pinging balls over the top to those attackers?

They have also brought in Andy Robertson 2.0 so they are a stronger side than last season at both ends of the pitch, and we have helped contribute to that, bad move for me.

I would have kept him in the reserves until jan then f**ked him off to Europe somewhere.

If there was any sense of amicability surely frank would have kept him until at least Jan so Rudi is back. 

4 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

They just need to give the ball to Jorginho or Kovacic.

I think we're looking for our defenders to defend.

This.^

The interesting thing for me was the rule change that now allows defenders to receive goal kicks whilst in the area. To a degree it helps central defenders because for that extra second or two they have time that hitherto wasn’t granted to them. 

The likes of Rudiger and indeed Zouma will now receive the ball without fear of challenge that will allow all sorts of options whereas a press was near enough always imposed at goal kicks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cfcalex98/status/1159388587798028288?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Bust up with the manager. Didn't want to hear feedback post match. Got aggressive in training...? If this is all true, this guy is a proper (insert your own) ___ head. 

In one of the first few games after Ancelotti bought him, he was throwing his arms up in the air gesturing angrily at the bench after being at fault for a goal. 

2 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

For me arsenal have had the best window by far look at their attacking options now, and whatever we think of SSB he is better than what they had, can you imagine him pinging balls over the top to those attackers?

They have also brought in Andy Robertson 2.0 so they are a stronger side than last season at both ends of the pitch, and we have helped contribute to that, bad move for me.

I would have kept him in the reserves until jan then f**ked him off to Europe somewhere.

If there was any sense of amicability surely frank would have kept him until at least Jan so Rudi is back. 

Keeping the likes of DL at the club when he wasn’t going to be a starter or close to one would have been nothing but a challenge and one that really would be better avoided. 

3 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cfcalex98/status/1159388587798028288?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Bust up with the manager. Didn't want to hear feedback post match. Got aggressive in training...? If this is all true, this guy is a proper (insert your own) ___ head. 

In one of the first few games after Ancelotti bought him, he was throwing his arms up in the air gesturing angrily at the bench after being at fault for a goal. 

Let me help you out with that tweet bro

Not overly fussed on this.

Was a little surprised when I saw Koscielny had gone for just £5m so guess Luiz had moaned to his agent about his fears on playing time this season and then they see the opportunity. Perhaps his agent said he would need to play up to get the move.

£8m does seem a little low yet now we will get to see if he was really a defensive liability and whether we can also replace his distribution.

I think we will still finish in the top 4.

6 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

That’s not really his Facebook page is it? I know it claims to be the official one but there’s no blue tick or anything? I find it hard to believe that he’d actually post that. 

It's been reported that it's not his FB page.  Which is good since his father, on a couple of occasions, has said his son needs to play at Chelsea or else he'd have to look to move on.

19 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

You are right them buying luiz and the celtic lad on deadline day reminds me of conte buying luiz and alonso on deadline day and like they say the rest is history...  I honestly dont understand why we are strengthening  a top 4 rival. I personally would have let him rot on the bench but FRANK knows best.....

Its a new season.. Bye Bye Sarriball....  Hello FrankieBALL 

18 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

Luiz is overall s poor defender and he'll fit in at Arsenal with the casual culture that developed after the likes of Vieira left. He'll have a few good games and will probably give 200% against Chelsea in that fixture but I don't see him improving their defence by much, even though I stil don't like this deal (for 8m especially.)

The biggest win for them imo is getting rid of Iwobe. It's these flash types with little end product that have held then back for a long time. 

Iwobe. The English Quincy Owusu. 😛

18 minutes ago, robdog said:

Let me help you out with that tweet bro

If he did this, there are too many young influential players in that dressing room.  You simply cannot allow that disrespect.  

Jose didn't play him, so he went to PSG.  Conte didn't play him and he sulked.  Now he tossed his toys out of the pram when a coach dared to offer feedback.

We really had no choice but to get rid of him.

9 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Luiz is overall s poor defender and he'll fit in at Arsenal with the casual culture that developed after the likes of Vieira left. He'll have a few good games and will probably give 200% against Chelsea in that fixture but I don't see him improving their defence by much, even though I stil don't like this deal (for 8m especially.)

The biggest win for them imo is getting rid of Iwobe. It's these flash types with little end product that have held then back for a long time. 

Iwobe. The English Quincy Owusu. 😛

The biggest way he will help out is putting balls over for attackers who can get on the end of them and finish.

That and the fact he has big game caliber in fact that’s when he plays his best he has a winning mentality and winning experience something that arsenal doesn’t, defensively he fills a space does an ok job it’s the other 2 mentioned that will help arsenal