Marcos Alonso

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I know he divides opinion on this forum and gets a lot of slack, and that's fair enough. But for me he'll definitely go down as a good player for Chelsea and will leave behind a lot of good memories, particularly in the North London derbies which tend to be his favourite games. 

Totally agree!! He is a good player, not the best but he can definitely do a job, especially when you put him in as a wing back. His ability to score big goals is terrific! 

I just knew he would score today. I was actually over the moon to see him starting for once. He always scores against them, noone they booed him throughout. I was certain he would score 2, but was unlucky with that peach of a freekick

55 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I know he divides opinion on this forum and gets a lot of slack, and that's fair enough. But for me he'll definitely go down as a good player for Chelsea and will leave behind a lot of good memories, particularly in the North London derbies which tend to be his favourite games. 

A lot of fans want him sold, I think the opposite. I don't think he should be a regular starter next season, but he's a really handy squad player. 

Edited by Scott Harris

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

A lot of fans want him sold, I think the opposite. I don't think he should be a regular starter next season, but he's really handy squad player. 

He's got those Ivanovic vibes about him, Ivan even at his worst was always a dangerous player and would score a good amount of goals, important ones. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2020/feb/28/premier-league-players-change-teams-results-most

Alonso stats are amazing:

Marcos Alonso: win ratio +70%

Marcos Alonso has been a hero and a villain for Chelsea in the last week, although his dismissal against Bayern Munich should not deter Frank Lampard from sticking with a winning formula in the league. Chelsea have won all seven of the league matches Alonso has started this season. The natural balance he offers the team on the left has been missed at times in his extended, unforced absence.

Chelsea with Alonso: seven win in seven games (100%)
Chelsea without Alonso: six wins in 20 games (30%)

Lost his 100% win record today, but I don't think he can be blamed for that.

Pedro's and Kanté's stats are shocking, though:

N’Golo Kanté: win ratio -41.4%

The biggest surprise in this list. N’Golo Kanté has had a difficult season, not only in terms of injuries but also when he has been fit to start. The Frenchman has not reached the heights of previous campaigns. Chelsea are up in fourth in the league yet they have won less than half of the games he has started.

Chelsea with Kanté: five wins in 16 games (31.3%)
Chelsea without Kanté: eight wins in 11 games (72.7%)

Pedro: win ratio -40.4%

Pedro has fallen out of favour this season as Frank Lampard has looked to give youth a chance. On the rare occasions that Pedro has started, he has not exactly given his manager a selection dilemma. The Spaniard has started six matches this season, of which Chelsea have won just once (vs Brighton in September.

Chelsea with Pedro: one win in six games (16.7%)
Chelsea without Pedro: 12 wins in 21 games (57.1%)

It's a given that, when Pedro starts, we don't win, with his win % now down to 14.2%, and his win/ loss ratio now down to -43%, as bad as anyone in  the Prem.