Scott Harris

Marcos Alonso

15 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Just watched it again, either you’re right or Alonso is infact a Jedi and can change the direction of the ball with his mind. 

12 hours ago, Valerie said:

Jedi it is.

Definitely a Jedi, no normal human being can do this 

844869814.jpg

Any normal human being would have been hospitalised after this.

Even Mahrez and Rudiger are shocked by what is going in this picture, just look at their reaction. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Definitely a Jedi, no normal human being can do this 

844869814.jpg

Any normal human being would have been hospitalised after this.

Even Mahrez and Rudiger are shocked by what is going in this picture, just look at their reaction. :biggrin:

Awww Rudi grabbing Mahrez to keep him out of harm's way :laugh2:

Yeah he's improved significantly since his Fiorentina days, when I would have said that he wasn't Chelsea-standard.

Deserves his extension. 

3 hours ago, DaRick said:

Yeah he's improved significantly since his Fiorentina days, when I would have said that he wasn't Chelsea-standard.

Deserves his extension. 

I saw him play for Il Viola & he didn't look all that bad, but I must admit I didn't know his history - still he has enabled Chelsea to win a Title & I will applaud his efforts at Chelsea!!!

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Tying down the best left back in the league to a new contract? No brainer really isn't it? 

Few eyebrows raised (by myself include) when we signed him for £20m but that's turned into a bit of a bargain now. 

£20m would only get you half a Bakayoko...

Bargain isn’t a strong enough word :laugh2:

12 hours ago, robdog said:

I saw him play for Il Viola & he didn't look all that bad, but I must admit I didn't know his history - still he has enabled Chelsea to win a Title & I will applaud his efforts at Chelsea!!!

As did I - he wasn't consistent and defensively he was lacking. 

There's a reason why Fiorentina fans felt we overpaid at the time. 

Currently rewatching the highlights on MOTD and realised the second goal Alonso was also at fault. He lets Mata run off the back of him and makes absolutely no attempt to get back into position and track his man. Sure, David Luiz f**ked up but even after that Alonso is still only jogging to get back, while David Luiz even sprints past him in an attempt to get back. 

I'll give him slack because he's started the season well but today was abysmal by him. He's more bothered about getting the glories at the other end of the pitch and needs to remember that he is a defender first and foremost.

Cost us 2 points.

21 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Currently rewatching the highlights on MOTD and realised the second goal Alonso was also at fault. He lets Mata run off the back of him and makes absolutely no attempt to get back into position and track his man. Sure, David Luiz f**ked up but even after that Alonso is still only jogging to get back, while David Luiz even sprints past him in an attempt to get back. 

I'll give him slack because he's started the season well but today was abysmal by him. He's more bothered about getting the glories at the other end of the pitch and needs to remember that he is a defender first and foremost.

Cost us 2 points.

This is the problem with Barkley playing ahead of him. Kovacic works his arse off and covers for Alonso all the time while he’s off on his travels where as Barkley is more forward thinking. N’Golo should move to the left if Barkley is playing over Kovacic. 

34 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Cost us 2 points.

Totally agree. But that's what you get with Luiz. But, hey, he isn't in the team for his defending.

Edited by just

One of his real poor game, bailed out by Hazard early on when he was way out of position and didn't track back. For the second goal, he was no where to be seen, and committed Luiz out of his zone which ultimately set up the goal. Offensively, it's quite frustrating to see him cut in over and over again, and leave Hazard work his magic by this sideline. Sure, had he score a goal, it would have been all forgiven.

Happens for every player. If not against United, then in the next game. He had a poor game against United, but let's not forget how many points he won us.

Until now he has an excellent season, so keep that up Marcos!

6 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Happens for every player. If not against United, then in the next game. He had a poor game against United, but let's not forget how many points he won us.

Until now he has an excellent season, so keep that up Marcos!

He's been really poor against Arsenal and Liverpool as well.

He is good against poor opposition but when he comes up against quality wingers/attackers he will struggle every time. 
He is just too slow.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He's been really poor against Arsenal and Liverpool as well.

He is good against poor opposition but when he comes up against quality wingers/attackers he will struggle every time. 
He is just too slow.

He loves to attack, every time he runs forward he is leaving a lot of space behind him which one of our midfielders should recover. Also when he returns to his position and there is an attack on his side, one of the midfielders should help him there. Like Matic did to Young to stop Hazard.

1 minute ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He loves to attack, every time he runs forward he is leaving a lot of space behind him which one of our midfielders should recover. Also when he returns to his position and there is an attack on his side, one of the midfielders should help him there. Like Matic did to Young to stop Hazard.

The midfielders had more than enough to do trying to contain Mata and Pogba, it's not realistic for them to cover Alonso in this system. It worked for Conte since Cahill always had Alonso's back but right now we are getting exploited on his side.

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Emerson time! The first goal for Utd was more annoying than the second. Get up of the floor ffs, there was nothing wrong with him.

A bit silly to say just because he made one error, he's been one of our best players this season despite that cockup, he was very good in the first half. 

However, I think it's good to rotate so Emerson playing next game will be a good decision. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

A bit silly to say just because he made one error, he's been one of our best players this season despite that cockup, he was very good in the first half. 

However, I think it's good to rotate so Emerson playing next game will be a good decision. 

Not a silly thing to say then.