Scott Harris

Marcos Alonso

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Emerson has a different skill set, but has proved whenever called upon that he isn't up to the relatively modest standard that Alonso is playing at.

They have played in completely different situations. Emerson has played against arguably worse opponents, but has also played with more or less the B-team. Alonso has played against better opponents, but also with better team mates.

Emerson hasn't lighted up the world in his situation, but neither has Alonso, barring a couple of games early in the season. Why not try to switch it up?

I am a great supporter of what Sarri tries to do. He will try to instill a clear footballing philosophy, based on us being a dominant force in football we've grown to become. However, he is currently making all the same mistakes as his predecessors Mourinho and Conte; sticking to the usual suspects, even if they don't perform.

If Sarri fails, I believe that this will be his downfall, rather than the system.

9 hours ago, atomis said:

5years deal.

Ridiculous decision.
Also makes a complete mockery of our contract-policy for players over 30.
“No, no if you are 30 we can’t give you more than a year” but then we turn around and hand Marcos Alonso a 5-year contract that runs until he’s 33(!).

Where is the logic in that?

Hazard looked about as fed up with Alonso as I am on multiple occasions last night as well.

Got to side with Alonso on that one. 

Why is Hazard, our striker/false nine hugging the left hand touchline? 

We keep saying we want more width from our fullbacks but how are they supposed to when the centre forward is drifting into their areas? 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We keep saying we want more width from our fullbacks but how are they supposed to when the centre forward is drifting into their areas? 

For me Alonso should have given the ball to Hazard who should have then continued his run to create the space/make himself available to receive the pass, but he didn't for whatever reason. Alonso looked at fault for me, his delayed reaction gave Son time to close down Hazard.

As to why Hazard was hugging the touchline, I think he was just trying to create something - he wasn't getting a lot of joy at false 9 tbf

Hopefully Emerson starts this weekend.

Edited by the special one

16 hours ago, the special one said:

For me Alonso should have given the ball to Hazard who should have then continued his run to create the space/make himself available to receive the pass, but he didn't for whatever reason. Alonso looked at fault for me, his delayed reaction gave Son time to close down Hazard.

As to why Hazard was hugging the touchline, I think he was just trying to create something - he wasn't getting a lot of joy at false 9 tbf

Hopefully Emerson starts this weekend.

Or hazard could have made a run in behind Spurs to try and stretch them or for Alonso to play him in. I’m with @ForeverCarefreeon that one, Hazard should have made a forward run, not drop back in to LB.

6 hours ago, Stim said:

I'd rather read the match day thread than the opinions of the absolute morons on twitter. "he hates Alonso and knows he sh*t" good lord.

Can't believe someone actually posted that input in this thread unironically. 

23 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I've no problem with Hazard drifting wide and the pass from Alonso was a bit sh*t, but Hazard had at least one obvious passing option open to him (I think it's Jorginho) but instead he runs into a bunch of Spurs players and lost the ball. Sure he's frustrated but for somebody to claim that means he 'hates Alonso' is really stupid.

26 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I've no problem with Hazard drifting wide and the pass from Alonso was a bit sh*t, but Hazard had at least one obvious passing option open to him (I think it's Jorginho) but instead he runs into a bunch of Spurs players and lost the ball. Sure he's frustrated but for somebody to claim that means he 'hates Alonso' is really stupid.

Son anticipated the pass so Hazard didn't have time (watch how Son goes to close Hazard before he receives the ball from Alonso). If Alonso had just given him the ball maybe the pass to Jorginho was on. Put another way, Alonso over complicated something that is really quite simple.

Edited by the special one

12 minutes ago, robdog said:

Yeah what was that all about?

He drove a car while drunk, crashed and a girl died unfortunately.

Thats why he is getting a lot of stick when we play away from home.

Edited by Sindre

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

He drove a car while drunk, crashed and a girl died unfortunately.

Thats why he is getting a lot of stick when we play away from home.

I don't remember this treatment if previous matches MA has played vs spuds - I was thinking maybe they are still bitter when MA put two past Lloris last season - fuck spuds - they are a bunch of bums anyways

I mean, chucking crosses into a penalty area without a recognised centre forward is a recipe for disaster.

Some of his deliveries have been pretty horrendous too. Shame because he started the season really well. Been off the boil for a couple of months now.

2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Why does he put high crosses in the box when we have Hazard and Pedro in the box, who are both the smallest players on the pitch?. It annoys me so much.

Not only that, but the ball went nowhere near them either