Scott Harris

Marcos Alonso

10 hours ago, Deino said:

His only downfall is that he isn't fast enough for the modern game. He'd probably be a worldie in the 90s

I get what you are saying. Bear in mind this comment came after the Arsenal game when Alonso looked far more a natural number 9 than Morata!!

On 07/01/2018 at 09:37, EdinburghBlue said:

I actually rate Alonso really highly, I wasn’t a fan of the signing at the beginning but he’s been absolutely terrific for us. Provides more than Moses going forward and in all honesty (I’ll get shot down here) upgrading RWB is more important than LWB. If I had the option of Alex Sandro or cover for LWB & a Dani Alves-esque RWB, it would be the latter.

Kind of balances out though. Moses seems to be better defensively. I mean not a natural defender but his area is breached less frequently than Alonso's.

Strange one actually. As Alonso is the more defensive than offence in terms of original playing roles and vice versa for Moses.

Great footballer, wish him every success with us.

Terrible human being. Never should have signed him. I don’t celebrate when he scores. I’ll quietly be pleased when he’s moved on.

1 minute ago, Radford10 said:

Whats he done?

I think he's probably referring to the fact that Alonso killed someone drink divining in 2011, he was 20 at the time. Got away with no prison time. All i'll say is many of us have been young and stupid. If we get away with it all good, if we don't we are scum bags, it's a very thin line. Only Alonso really know's how much he has to carry with him and how much remorse he has. It's not for me to Judge him or forgive him, I equally wouldn't blame the family of the victim if they wanted to see him burnt alive... 

4 hours ago, abister1 said:

Kind of balances out though. Moses seems to be better defensively. I mean not a natural defender but his area is breached less frequently than Alonso's.

Strange one actually. As Alonso is the more defensive than offence in terms of original playing roles and vice versa for Moses.

He's got the league's best defender sitting behind him to cover any time Moses is beat.  Moses has improved as a defender but that side is so stout because of Azpi.  And when we play in a two man midfield Kante is also on that side covering holes in the middle. 

55 minutes ago, barak81 said:

I think he's probably referring to the fact that Alonso killed someone drink divining in 2011, he was 20 at the time. Got away with no prison time. All i'll say is many of us have been young and stupid. If we get away with it all good, if we don't we are scum bags, it's a very thin line. 

If you're old enough to get behind the wheel, you have to face the responsibility. Drink driving is never excusable for me, I don't care how young the person was. 

2 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

He's got the league's best defender sitting behind him to cover any time Moses is beat.  Moses has improved as a defender but that side is so stout because of Azpi.  And when we play in a two man midfield Kante is also on that side covering holes in the middle. 

Interesting point, and it makes more sense when you think that often it’s Cahill covering for Alonso, and as he struggles in a similar way with pacey players etc. then you can see why. Also, Moses at least has the pace to stick close enough to the opponent to make it more difficult for them.

Having said that, I’m a fan of the guy. Works hard despite his flaws, and has popped up with some great goals for us. He’s definitely surpassed pretty much all of our expectations, and when he’s not been in the team no one else has managed to cover well enough for him.

Edited by Remy10

2 hours ago, barak81 said:

I think he's probably referring to the fact that Alonso killed someone drink divining in 2011, he was 20 at the time. Got away with no prison time. All i'll say is many of us have been young and stupid. If we get away with it all good, if we don't we are scum bags, it's a very thin line. Only Alonso really know's how much he has to carry with him and how much remorse he has. It's not for me to Judge him or forgive him, I equally wouldn't blame the family of the victim if they wanted to see him burnt alive... 

I believe they reached a financial settlement which is why he didn’t get jail time, I feel like I read that somewhere - I could be wrong however so apologies if I am.

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

If you're old enough to get behind the wheel, you have to face the responsibility. Drink driving is never excusable for me, I don't care how young the person was. 

I didn't excuse it. What I said is the line between being a scum bag and a stupid kid is very fine and it's getting lucky by not having an accident. At least a few of your friends have probably driven after a few, certainly over the limit and some times on occasion maybe even smashed at one time in their life. 

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I believe they reached a financial settlement which is why he didn’t get jail time, I feel like I read that somewhere - I could be wrong however so apologies if I am.

Amongst other things

pause it on 28 seconds.

Not sure why alonso is so far out of position. 

He has been poor this season, not helped by having to play so many games, but I think his goal scoring has masked some very average perfomances. Doesn't defend well, doesn't take on his man, and his delivery is very inconsistant. Hopefully emerson either pushes alonso on, or does a better job and replaces him. 

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Someone else mentioned it above. His goal output seems to be masking some very average performances this season. 

Most of the games he has looked exhausted. I dont think its fair to judge him given that he has had to play almost every minute possible. Given everything he has done so far, I just dont think he is the problem. Need a back up which is Palmeiri

1 hour ago, TomCFC85 said:

According to Ladbrokes, out of all our players, he's the most likely one to be in the prem's team of the season.

This was suppose to be a picture of Dave looking confused but it won’t upload for no apparent reason. 

Edited by Munkworth