Jump to content

Scott Harris

Marcos Alonso

Recommended Posts

I think Alonso is the perfect example of seeing the differences between playing in Europe and playing in the Premier League. The Premier League is about pace and power, in European competitions it's more about your technique and skill. Alonso has the technique and skill and has performed well in the Champions League, but i think he has struggled with the pace and power of the Premier League this season.

I'm actually starting to think our whole squad is better built for Europe, we are struggling with the opposition getting in our faces in the Premier League this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/02/2018 at 15:39, Scott Harris said:

I think Alonso is the perfect example of seeing the differences between playing in Europe and playing in the Premier League. The Premier League is about pace and power, in European competitions it's more about your technique and skill. Alonso has the technique and skill and has performed well in the Champions League, but i think he has struggled with the pace and power of the Premier League this season.

I'm actually starting to think our whole squad is better built for Europe, we are struggling with the opposition getting in our faces in the Premier League this season.

His technical aspects are criminally underrated, sadly by our own fans. 

He barely ever makes a wrong pass, bad touch or f**ks up the play, against Barcelona he was superb whenever the ball came to his feet. He just needs to do more off the ball but he has physical limitations and that's his weakness, but for me that's his only weakness, I think he's quality on the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

His technical aspects are criminally underrated, sadly by our own fans. 

He barely ever makes a wrong pass, bad touch or f**ks up the play, against Barcelona he was superb whenever the ball came to his feet. He just needs to do more off the ball but he has physical limitations and that's his weakness, but for me that's his only weakness, I think he's quality on the ball. 

The man is class. No ifs, buts, or maybes. 

I cringe when folk on here talk about him like he's lucky to start and how he should be dropped from the XI. He's one of the first on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned. Been a gem this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

The man is class. No ifs, buts, or maybes. 

I cringe when folk on here talk about him like he's lucky to start and how he should be dropped from the XI. He's one of the first on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned. Been a gem this season. 

He's been consistent, and I was worried he wouldn't be. 

Just look through the early pages of this thread and it's even worse, not sure if it's because of his personal history and the driving incident or what but fans just don't seem to rate him. Even Carragher said he's been a massive surprise and put him up there as one of the best wingbacks in the league. 

Edited by Slojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slojo said:

He's been consistent, and I was worried he wouldn't be. 

Just look through the early pages of this thread and it's even worse, not sure if it's because of his personal history and the driving incident or what but fans just don't seem to rate him. Even Carragher said he's been a massive surprise and put him up there as the best wingback in the league. 

There are still people on here now asking for him to be dropped in favour of this Emerson fella, who by the way, has proved nothing yet in regards to his talents, especially in this league. Forget the EPL, his all round skill set is up there with the very best in the world at his position. Up there with the best free kick takers in the world also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso really struggles to influence a game due to his lack of place, if he had Moses pace then everything wouldn't go down the right. Problem is we have to watch Moses have the ball and nothing happen. We just need both wingbacks to swap a bit of their best strengths.

Edited by Ernie_blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Famous CFC said:

Influences it with his free kicks, goals and all round play. But hey, you know. Moses pace and at the minute not much more. 

I agree he contributes towards the team via free kicks and his passing is good as well but you expect a bit more from a wingback and he is limited in that aspect. Athleticism is one of the key attributes of a good wingback, running up and down the left flank isn't his forte. Part of the reason why we are so pedestrian in the final third and over rely on Hazard/Willian; not enough support from our wingbacks. But he does play so many games due to a lack of good back-up so I cant fairly judge his overall athletic and physical ability 100% and fatigue affects even the best players. 

Edited by zes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is great going forward but feel he could do better defensively. He easily gets beaten by pace and isn't good at 1 v 1. Thats one of the reasons why Conte badly wanted Alex Sandro.

But the hate Alonso gets is pathetic 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally very happy with him. His technique is excellent.

If we ever played 4-4-2 I wonder how well him and Emerson would like up ala baba and le saux. 

As for Moses...pace but very rarely end product. Think gronkjaer was more accurate imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 05:14, axman2526 said:

Personally very happy with him. His technique is excellent.

If we ever played 4-4-2 I wonder how well him and Emerson would like up ala baba and le saux. 

As for Moses...pace but very rarely end product. Think gronkjaer was more accurate imo.

I think the Gronkjaer comparison is a good one and like him they also chipped in with some important goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:53, Zeta said:

Did somebody say Gronkjaer?

 

Most infuriating player with a crossing ability like Victor Moses, his saving ability was being able to score the odd scorcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyborg7 said:

First call-up for Marcos with the Spanish National team !! Well done Marcos ::clap2::

Fantastic achievement for him. 

Personally I think he's been the best and most consistent left sided defender in the Premier League since we signed him. 

No wonder there's rumours of Real Madrid planning a summer bid.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Most infuriating player with a crossing ability like Victor Moses, his saving ability was being able to score the odd scorcher.

Just like Vic Moses, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...