There's always this fickleness when it comes to Alonso and Emerson, "Emerson can at least run, play him" then as soon as Emerson starts playing like w**k it's "at least Alonso can have a great game every now and then" then the cycle continues. 

Both players aren't good enough, but we all know that. For me though Alonso is the better player out of the two, even though Emerson does have more pace. I'm hoping Chilwell gets fit and stays fit because even if he is average, he should be comfortably getting picked over those two. 

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Who Alonso or Lampard? Cause players dont always react well to a teammate getting bollo*ked

Alonso.  One, I doubt any player has the pull to challenge Lampard right now. Two, if you're going to make a move against Lampard.....cause he got mad a guy had a hissy fit and sulked on the coach instead of joining the rest of the team like the other guy who was treated exactly the same by also getting subbed at half time after a terrible display?  I don't see that being an issue. 

If that is true Alonso should be pretty embarrassed. Frank was very quick to blame the both goals on Alonso so this storyline could well be true. I was a bit surprised Frank publically shoved Alonso under the bus (pun intended) post game. 

In any case this doesn't look good on Frank, Chelsea or Alonso. Frank was heavily pressed about him taking the blame for our failings on the the pitch and Frank insisted it was due to individual errors today in the presser. He is clearly feeling the pressure. 

Not really surprised that Alonso was trying to sulk on the coach, very good under Conte & has his moments, but time to move on. Would rather keep Emerson as back up, don’t rate him at all tbh, but at least he doesn’t throw his toys out the pram. 

Edited by Floyd25
8 hours ago, evissy said:

If that is true Alonso should be pretty embarrassed. Frank was very quick to blame the both goals on Alonso so this storyline could well be true. I was a bit surprised Frank publically shoved Alonso under the bus (pun intended) post game. 

In any case this doesn't look good on Frank, Chelsea or Alonso. Frank was heavily pressed about him taking the blame for our failings on the the pitch and Frank insisted it was due to individual errors today in the presser. He is clearly feeling the pressure. 

I don’t see how he is “clearly feeling the pressure”. He hasn’t even had his full squad yet, with a handful of injuries and hardly a preseason. It’s a long season. In years past, even last season, there’s no way we would have even fought back from 3-0 down. Shouldn’t be in that position to begin with, but everyone would’ve taken a draw against Sheffield, Bournemouth, or West Ham last season after the losses we took there.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

I don’t see how he is “clearly feeling the pressure”. He hasn’t even had his full squad yet, with a handful of injuries and hardly a preseason. It’s a long season. In years past, even last season, there’s no way we would have even fought back from 3-0 down. Shouldn’t be in that position to begin with, but everyone would’ve taken a draw against Sheffield, Bournemouth, or West Ham last season after the losses we took there.

Frank seemingly blowing out to Alonso in front of the team doesn't sound anything like him...maybe it is but for me it looks he is feeling the pressure that is coming from outside. 

People outside don't see the situation with us: ton of new guys to integrate, ton of injuries to key players, no pre-season and match congestion like never before. The outside world is only seeing "200 million blowout in the summer". 

People still praise the board for fantastic business, but forget the transfer window when Mourinho returned, after we won the league. They also forget the abysmal business done during the transfer window under Conte. The players we struggle to get rid of now and who have barely played for us, came from those seasons. Absolutely terrible business by the club. The club must have wasted £250-300m during those transfer windows. 

Edited by enigma
13 hours ago, Sindre said:

https://theathletic.com/2099233/?source=twitteruk

Good riddance. Can't wait to see the back of him personally.

sh*t leftback and what's even worse is that his attitude stinks on and off the pitch.

Bye.

Should be in prison if we are to believe the story of him killing that girl, who was the passenger in his car when he crashed it. It has always been difficult to defend the guy when rival fans kept mentioning this. Something always been a bit off about him. Now it seems he is just an entitled player who isn't consistent or particularly good. 

· A wingback should have an attacking instinct, excellent intercepting and dribbling abilities to get past their opponents easily. Additionally, the wingback provides width for his team’s offensive play by pushing deep into the opposing team’s half, and must ensure excellent ball control even when running at fast speeds. Speed

Where does Alonso fit in here.

16 hours ago, Droopy said:

This behavior should not be tolerated. Maybe Kepa scene made him think he can get away with it. Well, unfortunately for him he is neither young, nor expensive.

Sell him. Sell Kepa as well.

We also should have sold Batschuayi when he didn't shake Pedro's hand when he was taken off. 

This club can't handle its players, can it? Ironically legends like Lampard, Drogba and Terry contributed to this state of power and now they have to deal with it. Strange world. 

He didn’t shake Pedro hand ?

I think Frank is feeling the pressure, at 3-0 down his face looked like thunder at WBA.

Ok Alonso did not have a good game and went to the bus early not the type of thing that brings the club into disrepute yet Frank has given the media ammunition for a future story line about Frank losing the plot despite spending £200m +.

It's another reason I think we need to go strong at Spurs tonight. 

Alonso is a much better player than Emerson but my god he had a shocker the other night. He’s prone to these type of performances, like the first half against Ajax.

In his defence though he didn’t have Werner as support as Werner kept cutting inside. Still not good enough though and to be honest I won’t be upset to see him go.

Chilwell and Azpi should be good enough for left back.

I mean you always got the feeling Lampard never rated him. He just had to play him last season because Emerson is worse and Azpi at LB is not a solution. Players can feel when they are not wanted and Alonso knows as soon as Chillwell is fit he is out of the team. 

It was a bad night of him but you can see there is always so much space down the line, same on James side and he gets the benefit of being young and homegrown. Idk seems like a situation where everbody is losing and only Frank's ego und the media wins.