Marcos Alonso

Scott Harris

23 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I wonder if he moves to Athletico whether the clubs will discuss the possibility of him playing against us, I think Uefa rules are different to the FA and we could be looking at a similar scenario to TBO. 

Would be stupid of us to agree to it.

9 hours ago, reparto corse said:

Having Marcos Alonso play against us in a Champions leage knockout game is a positive if you ask me. 

Our former players always seem to score against us though and we all know that Marcos loves a goal or two!

Last season Lampard changed too often the system for my liking but this season is the opposite. Too rigid and dont want to change anything if possible. 

Idk if Alonso is the answer for few games and going to a back three but at least it would be a try. 

Edited by Nevamind

• 2 weeks later...

Will we be able to get rid of him this window?

Effectively ruined his chances here with his antics at WBA. Would also be surprised if he isn't one of the disrupters in the dressing room that the media have talked about.

On 02/01/2021 at 00:45, reparto corse said:

Having Marcos Alonso play against us in a Champions leage knockout game is a positive if you ask me. 

I disagree. Can you imagine defending against him when he’s attacking? Or when we concede a free kick in Alonso territory.

Marcos Alonso is an excellent player when used right, as a wing back. As a left back he is hopeless.

Still a decent player, could have been used in the final third in some of the toothless games we had. I agree with most Frank's decisions, but end Alonso's Chelsea career after that awful 45 minutes against WBA was harsh, plenty of players had shockers in the last 12 months and still managed to remain with the team.

59 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Still a decent player, could have been used in the final third in some of the toothless games we had. I agree with most Frank's decisions, but end Alonso's Chelsea career after that awful 45 minutes against WBA was harsh, plenty of players had shockers in the last 12 months and still managed to remain with the team.

I agree and I think it was in Conte's time he was sensational for us running late into the box and scoring a lot of goals.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

With the way Chillwell is performing at the moment, I think he deserves a chance. Can't be any worse.

Only if we persist with wing-backs would it be worth to give him a shot. In a 4-man backline he's proven to be a huge liability.

I think in that position and the way he scored, only he can score it in the squad.

It's not a secret, when we play with LWB, Alonso is the first name there. He's very good in attack, great technique and scoring ability. But as a defender he's not exactly the type we need.

Probably going to start against Spurs, let's see how it goes.

1 minute ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I think in that position and the way he scored, only he can score it in the squad.

It's not a secret, when we play with LWB, Alonso is the first name there. He's very good in attack, great technique and scoring ability. But as a defender he's not exactly the type we need.

Probably going to start against Spurs, let's see how it goes.

It's actually shame that Frank completely froze him out after that West Brom game I think. Could've used him sometimes with this formation when most of our wingers were injured.