Jump to content

Marcos Alonso


Scott Harris
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I wonder if he moves to Athletico whether the clubs will discuss the possibility of him playing against us, I think Uefa rules are different to the FA and we could be looking at a similar scenario to TBO. 

Would be stupid of us to agree to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, reparto corse said:

Having Marcos Alonso play against us in a Champions leage knockout game is a positive if you ask me. 

 Our former players always seem to score against us though and we all know that Marcos loves a goal or two!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Last season Lampard changed too often the system for my liking but this season is the opposite. Too rigid and dont want to change anything if possible. 

Idk if Alonso is the answer for few games and going to a back three but at least it would be a try. 

Edited by Nevamind
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...

Will we be able to get rid of him this window?

Effectively ruined his chances here with his antics at WBA. Would also be surprised if he isn't one of the disrupters in the dressing room that the media have talked about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/01/2021 at 00:45, reparto corse said:

Having Marcos Alonso play against us in a Champions leage knockout game is a positive if you ask me. 

I disagree. Can you imagine defending against him when he’s attacking? Or when we concede a free kick in Alonso territory.

Marcos Alonso is an excellent player when used right, as a wing back. As a left back he is hopeless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still a decent player, could have been used in the final third in some of the toothless games we had. I agree with most Frank's decisions, but end Alonso's Chelsea career after that awful 45 minutes against WBA was harsh, plenty of players had shockers in the last 12 months and still managed to remain with the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Still a decent player, could have been used in the final third in some of the toothless games we had. I agree with most Frank's decisions, but end Alonso's Chelsea career after that awful 45 minutes against WBA was harsh, plenty of players had shockers in the last 12 months and still managed to remain with the team.

I agree and I think it was in Conte's time he was sensational for us running late into the box and scoring a lot of goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

With the way Chillwell is performing at the moment, I think he deserves a chance. Can't be any worse.

Only if we persist with wing-backs would it be worth to give him a shot. In a 4-man backline he's proven to be a huge liability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I think in that position and the way he scored, only he can score it in the squad.

It's not a secret, when we play with LWB, Alonso is the first name there. He's very good in attack, great technique and scoring ability. But as a defender he's not exactly the type we need.

Probably going to start against Spurs, let's see how it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I think in that position and the way he scored, only he can score it in the squad.

It's not a secret, when we play with LWB, Alonso is the first name there. He's very good in attack, great technique and scoring ability. But as a defender he's not exactly the type we need.

Probably going to start against Spurs, let's see how it goes.

It's actually shame that Frank completely froze him out after that West Brom game I think. Could've used him sometimes with this formation when most of our wingers were injured. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!