Alexis Sanchez

jamie#8
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hope we bid for him in january already. It's been reported Roman is ready to really back Conte and a bid like that could start something...
Promise him a salary on Hazards level and see what happens. Get him and we have a formidable front three, up there with the best in the world.

Lets say 40 million in january. Lots of money for Arsenal that for a player that is not signing a new contract.

Edited by Sindre

I am shocked we were never heavily linked before he went to arsenal. we were in just as good a position as arsenal, utd and Liverpool were, yet at the time it was only those interested. he wanted to come to London rather than live up north. we were in a great position, but instead went for willian. :sad:

It would cost us, or any other team probably 60-70m to get Sanchez.

We could give him Hazard wages as on the right side of the attack, he'd be instantly better than anything we have.

Hes miles better than Pedro or Willian but the biggest stumbling block is Arsenal wanting to deal with a rival.

However, since Cech went across London last year and Jose is out of the picture, I reckon Sanchez going to Chelsea while is highly improbable, isnt impossible.

If hes got 18months left on his deal, the player holds most of the cards, if he wants out Arsenal will look to sell abroad, PSG or Bayern are probably the only teams that could afford him, hes already been at Barca so wont go back and probably wouldnt join Real. in England, Utd, City or us could get him, we'd have the advantage with London. In Italy, nobody has money outside of Juventus and they spent all their Pogba money on Higuain.

If theres any doubt of him signing a contract, it doesnt do any harm to Chelsea if they bid for Sanchez and if we got him, we'd have easily an attacking trio in the top 5 in the world.

Edited by Delnino

4 hours ago, Devil Dog said:

offer them john obi mikel as a straight swap.

Straight swap? Give me a break...

Why would we swap a champion of two continents for a champion of one? Sanchez + £20m methinks.

Seriously though, if Arsenal are going to do "the maximum", surely we can bid £40,000,002 and have him in the bag?

53 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It will never happen. There is almost zero chance of them ever selling their star player to us. 

They sold Van Persie under a similar situation to Manchester United and Alex Ferguson. It's not farfetched at all to imagine this might turn out similarly for me.

33 minutes ago, Sindre said:

They sold Van Persie under a similar situation to Manchester United and Alex Ferguson. It's not farfetched at all to imagine this might turn out similarly for me.

I don't think it will happen again though, especially when it involves us. Arsenal hate us.

I can't see this happening at all but wouldn't he be a brilliant signing! A front line of Hazard - Costa - Sanchez would be incredible. Maybe Roman can pull in a favour and say 'you owe us for Petr Cech'?

Add in his wage demands as well, rumour has it he wants £250k - £300k a week. Our highest paid player is Hazard on £200k a week if I remember rightly and you'd definitely have him and maybe a few other players knocking on the door if Sanchez comes in for above that.

Can't see it happening, we would need to smash OUR wage structure to get him. If it can be done at 200k per week then maybe but I can't see him going anywhere but to the clubs that have multiple players on 200k+

I reckon he can get Pogba wages at United or City