Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beerqueen

Amazon Echo


Recommended Posts

I am a huge lover of technology, but these 'always listening' devices freak me out a little bit, I have to say. 

I don't like the invasion personally, think its massively open for abuse, either via hacking, or from the companies themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently have my own Echo dot. I love it. They only listen when the command is spoken. You also don't have to have it plugged in when not in use. 

They are pretty useful though. Basically a hands free google. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google home is much better, well it would be if you could broadcast the bluetooth to other spaeakers, google understands you

MUCH better but they are so behind with the bluetooth thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guddy69 said:

Google home is much better, well it would be if you could broadcast the bluetooth to other spaeakers, google understands you

MUCH better but they are so behind with the bluetooth thing.

 

Yea, I bet using it for actual google searching is much better than other devices out there. I have had some issues not getting the answers I want from Alexa that I actually had to use my computer. Never had a Google home though, so can't say I know more about one over the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 23:07, Rainyydaze said:

Currently have my own Echo dot. I love it. They only listen when the command is spoken. You also don't have to have it plugged in when not in use. 

They are pretty useful though. Basically a hands free google. 

Surely they must be listening at all times to know when the command is spoken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Surely they must be listening at all times to know when the command is spoken?

Yea, I guess. It's not like they're recording anything. Personal preference to have it. Like I said, if people are that concerned about it "listening", you can unplug it when you are not actually using it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rainyydaze said:

Yea, I guess. It's not like they're recording anything. Personal preference to have it. Like I said, if people are that concerned about it "listening", you can unplug it when you are not actually using it. 

As far as you know :wink:

I've got one and i love it tbh. Leave it plugged in all the time. I only really use it for music tbf though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×