Tiémoué Bakayoko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Will be intrested to see as the news comes out what the hold up was and how that knee is, for a guy who just had an operation he seems to be moving about no bother and is going straight on tour, funny that people weren't that excited by this signing and now the elation when we finally get him...that is when expectation over takes reality then reality presents its self and says hello :biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Will be intrested to see as the news comes out what the hold up was and how that knee is, for a guy who just had an operation he seems to be moving about no bother and is going straight on tour, funny that people weren't that excited by this signing and now the elation when we finally get him...that is when expectation over takes reality then reality presents its self and says hello :biggrin: 

His knee is fully healed, he is just behind on fitness.

NHS suggests football 2 weeks later would not be possible, makes me think the surgery roumour was inaccurate:

Recovering from an arthroscopy

The time it takes to recover from an arthroscopy can vary, depending on the joint involved and the specific procedure you had.

It's often possible to return to work and light, physical activities within a few weeks, but more demanding physical activities such as lifting and sport may not be possible for several months.

Your surgeon or care team will advise you how long it's likely to take to fully recover and what activities you should avoid until you're feeling better.

While you're recovering, you should contact your surgical team or GP for advice if you think you may have developed one of the complications mentioned below.

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I wouldn't  have thought so either but that was the reports, how can you say that with confidence other than using deduction, is it now reported he didn't? 

I don't want to say I have insider info as no one on here would believe me anyway, so I will say it's just a guess. :good2:

Big physical guy, I know matic is big but he doesn't seem to be able to translate into the game the physicality his size should bring, we got bullied at times last season, I think him and rudiger brings some good power down the spine, both have been criticised for being a bit tactically unaware however, but since conte barks play by play instructions they may just improve in that and on a serious note he trains tactically on individual player roles, that's why he is able to get players doing what he wants to quickly so let's hope we can get them in sync during the pre season, will watch with great interest.  

So the Guardian & the Torygraph, the Stun & Daily Fail all report he had keyhole surgery at end of last season. 

Guardian quote 

"The 22-year-old underwent keyhole surgery to clean out one of his knees at the end of the French domestic season and is in rehabilitation. Chelsea are confident Bakayoko will not require a further operation but, while the player is able to conduct the medical and complete his transfer, the medical department consider him to be at least six weeks from being in first-team contention."

Must be Fake News then planted to undermine this forum this thread and certain posters with top secret inside source information. Can't trust any C nowadays it seems. 

According to Chelsea’s official announcement, Bakayoko will be wearing shirt no.14, which is the same number he had worn at AS Monaco. That’s a rather odd number for a central midfielder, but it has special significance for the 22-year-old as the number of the arrondissement (district) of Paris where he was born and where he grew up.

In quotes that I could not find anywhere else other than whatever ‘Sportskeeda’ may be, Bakayoko talks about the responsibility he feels representing his origins in such a public way.

“It’s a fair return for everything that it gave me. Going onto the field thinking about my neighbourhood gives me strength. It was there I created myself as an individual.”

“It’s rewarding! Wearing your shirt gives you responsibilities. Little kids look at you. You have an obligation to behave impeccably.”

-Tiemoué Bakayoko, source: ??? via Sportskeeda

The no.14 at Chelsea has slightly less meaningful history. It’s been worn by three different players in the last three seasons, all fairly young and two of whom have since been sold. Neither André Schürrle nor Bertrand Traoré are with Chelsea anymore while Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who had it last season, is currently on loan at Crystal Palace.

Prior to that, the shirt spent several years on the backs of Graeme Le Saux and Gérémi, while the likes of Claudio Pizarro and Craig Burley, among others, had it for the odd season as well.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/7/15/15976594/bakayoko-chelsea-shirt-number-confirmed

2 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

According to Chelsea’s official announcement, Bakayoko will be wearing shirt no.14, which is the same number he had worn at AS Monaco. That’s a rather odd number for a central midfielder, but it has special significance for the 22-year-old as the number of the arrondissement (district) of Paris where he was born and where he grew up.

In quotes that I could not find anywhere else other than whatever ‘Sportskeeda’ may be, Bakayoko talks about the responsibility he feels representing his origins in such a public way.

“It’s a fair return for everything that it gave me. Going onto the field thinking about my neighbourhood gives me strength. It was there I created myself as an individual.”

“It’s rewarding! Wearing your shirt gives you responsibilities. Little kids look at you. You have an obligation to behave impeccably.”

-Tiemoué Bakayoko, source: ??? via Sportskeeda

The no.14 at Chelsea has slightly less meaningful history. It’s been worn by three different players in the last three seasons, all fairly young and two of whom have since been sold. Neither André Schürrle nor Bertrand Traoré are with Chelsea anymore while Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who had it last season, is currently on loan at Crystal Palace.

Prior to that, the shirt spent several years on the backs of Graeme Le Saux and Gérémi, while the likes of Claudio Pizarro and Craig Burley, among others, had it for the odd season as well.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/7/15/15976594/bakayoko-chelsea-shirt-number-confirmed

I'll tell you what there have been some players that have come out of the Paris Suburbs,  one of whom was not a bad DM for us