Tiémoué Bakayoko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

This is a strange argument... let's see if I can settle this...

Bakayoko wasn't very good at Chelsea... Chelsea wasn't happy
Bakayoko is very good at AC Milan.. AC Milan is Happy
AC Milan is going to buy Bakayoko... Chelsea is Happy, Bakayoko is happy, AC Milan is happy.. theShed bickers...

I think I got that right...

Pretty much, it's good that they'll be buying him, I don't think he'll ever be good here. Even if he has become twice the player he has at Milan, there's too much stigma attached here.

I hope Morata goes to do well at Atletico just so they buy him and we aren't stuck with him afterwards, but I know for a fact even if he goes in and bangs 20 goals for them, he'll come back here and it'll be the same situation again. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Pretty much, it's good that they'll be buying him, I don't think he'll ever be good here. Even if he has become twice the player he has at Milan, there's too much stigma attached here.

I hope Morata goes to do well at Atletico just so they buy him and we aren't stuck with him afterwards, but I know for a fact even if he goes in and bangs 20 goals for them, he'll come back here and it'll be the same situation again. 

Yup... those aren't loans so they'll get better and come back... those are both loans as the other team kicks the tires before buying. If their options aren't picked up, they'll be sent back out again

we've seen the end of both of them in the Chelsea shirt

In the end, I was right in saying that he had potential.
It is a shame that he's only realising that potential in the slower-paced Serie A environment. 
Ultimately, was he just a moderately-talented player who just couldn't come to grips with the PL or Sarri's system? Or is his just a case off taking too little time to settle into the PL. Could he have been better with more easing into PL games?
I think he got into our first eleven too soon. If we had given him time to learn from the bench and bring him in when we are trying to protect a lead, it would have helped his development here. And the worst thing we did to him was playing him as a box to box midfielder. I think we asked too much from him in that sense, because he has to consistently be good defensively and when attacking in every game. Since he is strong and knows how to retrieve the ball, I think it would have been better if we started playing him as a defensive midfielder and then we play him later as a box to box if we are forced to.

16 hours ago, Slojo said:

Did he bollocks, how can you dominate the midfield when you've got less of the ball? 

Spurs battered us all game and Kane missed about 3 sitters, that was probably our jammiest game in ages where we managed to get the win thanks to Alonso's brilliance.

The United game he did nothing of significance but run past their midfield a few times, what did he do with the ball after that? Gave it away. 

Blinded by your hatred. Go back to after the Spurs, Utd, Atletico games and you will see people praising him. Funny how you call me out for my apparent Alonso bias yet here you are.

Pot, meet kettle.

On 21/01/2019 at 16:02, Skinnedy said:

I think the board took a calculated gamble on Batshuayi. Dortmund offered 40M, We wanted 50, which isn't out of the question considering his age and they way he was pouring in goals last year for Dortmund. Give him a year to rehabilitate his injury and he'll be worth 50m again... that's the thought anyway. He needs to be in a good place though, and that wasn't Valencia.

Bakayoko is going to get a full refund. Milan has an option of around 38M that I'll be shocked if they don't pick up. He was great again today.

Bloody hell, Genoa need a new RB 

His transformation has surprised me. That is two games in which he's achieved man of the match. Quite impressive considering he was poor here. Then again, maybe it shows what happens when patience is shown in a player. It's probably better to sell to Milan anyway, we need a creative midfielder with goal scoring ability. The money can go towards that. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

His transformation has surprised me. That is two games in which he's achieved man of the match. Quite impressive considering he was poor here. Then again, maybe it shows what happens when patience is shown in a player. It's probably better to sell to Milan anyway, we need a creative midfielder with goal scoring ability. The money can go towards that. 

We shown patience in him too when Conte kept playing him when was useless. That Watford game away last season was embarrassing, if that was an academy player he would never have played again.

Looking at his YouTube clips from this season, and he still has a poor first touch, and poor awareness of players pressing him, the difference in Italy is he doesn't get pressed like he did here so he gets away with it.

Happy for him that he has found somewhere he is comfortable, but I will be glad to get back most of the money we paid for him.

4 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

We shown patience in him too when Conte kept playing him when was useless. That Watford game away last season was embarrassing, if that was an academy player he would never have played again.

Worryingly even despite his recent improvement he is still prone to the odd Watford-like game at AC Milan - for example, against Bologna. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2019 at 15:39, DaRick said:

Worryingly even despite his recent improvement he is still prone to the odd Watford-like game at AC Milan - for example, against Bologna. 

Yes, he has problems whenever he gets pressed. He is great without the ball in defence though but his lack of technical ability make it very difficult for him to take the step to become a top player. 

I still think Milan will buy him because their defence have been rock solid since Bakayoko took became the starter at DM. 

Edited by Ploki

The cases of Jorginho and Bakayoko just showed the difference between the 2 leagues. You have one of the better player in the Italian league got embarrassed game after game in England. One of our worst player last season established himself with Milan, when he's not constantly getting pressed. If Milan wants him, do the deal and get the money back, can't see him make it with us in this league.

The cases of Jorginho and Bakayoko just showed the difference between the 2 leagues. You have one of the better player in the Italian league got embarrassed game after game in England. One of our worst player last season established himself with Milan, when he's not constantly getting pressed. If Milan wants him, do the deal and get the money back, can't see him make it with us in this league.
I think he can be a good player for us if used simply as a defensive midfielder. He struggled in his first season with us because he was young and needed to adapt to the EPL. But we played him in most games regardless and what actually put him under too much pressure was that we were expecting him to be one of the best box to box midfielder in the world. The expectations was too high for him, and not giving him time to adapt ruined his confidence. I still remember some of his struggles when sometimes he couldn't even control the simplest of balls, and those times when the ball is in the air and he wasn't under pressure but while jumping to head the ball he somehow completely missed it. I think he is actually a good player but misused here.

8 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

This is why so few players from Serie A turn out to be great in the Premier League. You get the odd one here and there that turn out to be major successes, but the majority aren't anything special. The Premier League and Serie A are just really different in style of football. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was happy all those years ago when we didn't sign Pirlo. I think he would have really struggled in the Premier League. He's somebody that was brilliant when given time on the ball, which is why he was so good in Italy and in European competitions, he wouldn't have got any space to play in the Premier League though and would struggle in a similar way that Jorginho is struggling now.

Not to debate Italy vs England too much because I agree different styles, but that’s what some people were saying when Salah went there and tore it up on loan... I do think we need more than a core who are ready made for English football. 

On 23/01/2019 at 09:14, RIP Mourinho said:

Blinded by your hatred. Go back to after the Spurs, Utd, Atletico games and you will see people praising him. Funny how you call me out for my apparent Alonso bias yet here you are.

Pot, meet kettle.

Tell me what he did in the United and Spurs game please? We were overrun in the Spurs game, we got battered and Alonso won us the game. United what did he do besides dribble past a few of their midfielders then give the ball away after? Atletico he was good yes. 

You're going around calling Alonso a sh*t player, there's a difference in the way I criticise players and the way you do, and you can hardly compare Bakayoko to Alonso, Alonso has actually had a lot of good games. 

Taking players from Serie A in the era of Zola, Dimatteo, Guillt, Desailly was not really too much of a gamble because at that time it was the richest league in the world and inarguably had most of the best players. Unfortunately, now it isn't and hasn't.

With Bakayoko receiving praise for his performances this season and Kovacic not doing much to convince many he might be worth a hefty fee to turn his loan permanent I do wonder if the club would be looking at the possibility of Bakayoko getting a second chance at Chelsea?

Kovacic hasn’t nailed down a starting place for us and has often been used in the LCM role that already has healthy competition in Barkley and RLC.

So would there be a possibility of Bakayoko returning to provide cover for Kante’s RCM position and the club possibly looking to invest in a more suited player to provide cover and competition for Jorginho? Sarri said he wanted someone in January but ultimately a lack of value in our targets meant we signed no replacement for Fabregas.

28 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I do wonder if the club would be looking at the possibility of Bakayoko getting a second chance at Chelsea?

Milan has the option to buy... they're going to take it...

but...

If Sarri is the manager next year, Bakayoko doesn't have a place in this squad. He's a CDM, and we don't have one. He doesn't move the ball quickly enough or has a good enough first touch. What he is, is a terrific destroyer who also can pick a pass in space and push a ball forward. 

Milan is going to pick up his option, but I don't see a spot for him in this team regardless. We'd need something like him in Jorginho's spot, but not with Jorginho's responsibilities of being a focal point.

8 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

Milan has the option to buy... they're going to take it...

Apparently they're not very cash rich at the moment and they may struggle to get the £30m together to make his loan move permanent. 

I know Sarri wasn't keen on Bakayoko but I'm just wondering if the club tell him you can either make Kovacic's move permanent or we can sign someone as cover for Jorginho what would he prefer because chances are he can't have both.

The club need to start looking inwards at times because too often we're signing players and shipping them out loan or buying players for positions where academy players are excelling out on their loans. 

With a potential transfer ban looming over us I think we need to start approaching things slightly differently. 

33 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently they're not very cash rich at the moment and they may struggle to get the £30m together to make his loan move permanent. 

I know Sarri wasn't keen on Bakayoko but I'm just wondering if the club tell him you can either make Kovacic's move permanent or we can sign someone as cover for Jorginho what would he prefer because chances are he can't have both.

The club need to start looking inwards at times because too often we're signing players and shipping them out loan or buying players for positions where academy players are excelling out on their loans. 

With a potential transfer ban looming over us I think we need to start approaching things slightly differently. 

I think bakayoko would be even worse under sarri than he was under conte. He isnt a player for a possession team, he would be targeted as the player to press, because he doesn't deal with it well, and he has poor awareness. If he were to come back and only play a bit part, and he still struggled, his value would drop significantly. 

I agree we should try and look for solutions internally, but I dont see bakayoko as the answer. I would rather see ampadu back up kante, or kovacic stay. 

Maybe we will be back in for barella, who could possibly back up both jorginho and kante. 

I also like tielemans who has looked promising for Leicester, if he can adapt to the premier league between now and the end of the season, playing in a similar system under Rodgers, I think he could be a quality signing with potential.