Tiémoué Bakayoko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Back again. One thing I forgot to mention which was very evident watching him, especially in the first half, is that he hides from the ball.

When the defenders have the ball, Kante moves into space to look for it, so does Fabregas, so does Drinkwater, so did Matic, Mikel, Lampard, basically every midfielder, since that's their job at that moment.

Bakayoko stands by an opposition player so he can't be passed to, and rarely makes an effort to create space for himself.

It's absolutely scandalous.

He needs to be taken out of the firing line and tested for a few weeks, maybe give himself some time to look over performances.

I’m trying to cut him some slack because he didn’t have a pre season etc.

I was worried about us signing a crocked player and someone I didn’t think was that great and a bit overrated. I was really hoping I was wrong, I still am but when you can’t even turn in a performance against Norwich what hope do you really have?

I'm glad to see 99% of people on here have finally turned on him.

He is beyond gash. I have never, ever seen a worse player at Chelsea. 

As others have mentioned, he doesn't even have the basic abilities to be a footballer at any level,

He can't;

- Pass
- Intercept
- Tackle
- Run
- Shoot
- Head
- Get into the right positions.

What does Bakayoko offer except aneurysms for the fans? I have never screamed at a television screen so much in my life than when he gets near the ball. It's gone far beyond the point now where I actually want him to get near the ball. The further away the better really. Hopefully he can stamp on someone and get banned for a hefty amount of time or get a season-ending injury in training where we can flog him off to the likes of Stoke for pennies. I'd pay any club just to take him off us. 

I feel that people are being harsh on him, of course when you spend that kind of money you expect a better player, but it's not his fault we spent that cash on him.
When I saw him playing for Monaco I saw an average player, and when I see him now I see an average player, that was never going to change overnight. 

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Careful now guys and gals. Will he be the next kdb to leave Chelsea poking average and then an up at city as the new yaya?

Lol I think not. Big favour from our former director to his new club Monaco.

Well 16 prem games is alot more than 2, been given a much bigger chance.

I'll be honest, I find myself scrutinizing every pass and every bit of control, every occasion he's trying to do something that looks like pressing... In a way I'm not scrutinizing any other player. 

I think a lot of us are doing the same. 

Like Edinburgh blue says above, he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while. Give him a chance to work on his game and rebuild some confidence. He's hiding on the pitch a bit atm. 

I'll be honest, I find myself scrutinizing every pass and every bit of control, every occasion he's trying to do something that looks like pressing... In a way I'm not scrutinizing any other player. 
I think a lot of us are doing the same. 
Like Edinburgh blue says above, he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while. Give him a chance to work on his game and rebuild some confidence. He's hiding on the pitch a bit atm. 
I think you've got it spot on there. There is potential but he's struggling. He was also bang average for Monaco in some matches and at other times showed class. Still I see him as an uncut diamond but of course we can't know that for sure. KDB was also ungainly when he was here so let's not make the same mistake again. In any case some of the so called fans coming down on him during his first few months here is way out of order.what is he - 22? He's a kid.

I still think he’ll come good for us in the end. There’s a lot of competition in the team and I think it’s playing on his mind and knocking his confidence...when he strings together a few good games I think we’ll see him start kicking on from there

That's something that could've been said even of someone like Pogba. But there's a big problem if a midfield player struggles to make a successful pass more than 5 yards.

That's something that could've been said even of someone like Pogba. But there's a big problem if a midfield player struggles to make a successful pass more than 5 yards. 

That’s very true mate but confidence is a funny thing and it effects everyone differently, I know some people think he was average at Monaco but he was a good player, and it took him a season to get to that level there so there’s no reason why he can’t up his game here with a bit of confidence and learning from a top quality manager and coaching staff

22 hours ago, OverAndOut said:

I'm glad to see 99% of people on here have finally turned on him.

He is beyond gash. I have never, ever seen a worse player at Chelsea. 

As others have mentioned, he doesn't even have the basic abilities to be a footballer at any level,

He can't;

- Pass
- Intercept
- Tackle
- Run
- Shoot
- Head
- Get into the right positions.

What does Bakayoko offer except aneurysms for the fans? I have never screamed at a television screen so much in my life than when he gets near the ball. It's gone far beyond the point now where I actually want him to get near the ball. The further away the better really. Hopefully he can stamp on someone and get banned for a hefty amount of time or get a season-ending injury in training where we can flog him off to the likes of Stoke for pennies. I'd pay any club just to take him off us. 

Dislike a player as much as you like, but wishing injury on one of our own is disgraceful.