Tiémoué Bakayoko

havelschayes

34 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

One year loan with €35m option to buy agreed with AC Milan apparently. 

With a presumed loan fee for this season we look set to make back pretty much what we paid for him... Still poor business from us buying him in the first place though. 

It's even worse when Liverpool have bought Fabinho for just 15 million more, who's about 23953252359235923539258213414x the better player. 

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

One year loan with €35m option to buy agreed with AC Milan apparently. 

With a presumed loan fee for this season we look set to make back pretty much what we paid for him... Still poor business from us buying him in the first place though. 

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Call me crazy, but this actually makes me a bit sad. I had such high hopes for him when he signed. He was injured when he started and was rushed back into action, but kept his mouth shut about it. He played his way into being vilified by fans, and has kept his mouth shut about it. I know the millions of dollars will help make him feel better, but I really wanted this to work. It's best for the club he moves on, but it upsets me that this was such a spectacular failure, because he seems like a decent kid.

Tactically Kovačić and Jorginho are massive improvements in the midfield over Bakayoko and Fabergas, don't think I don't recognize that, but I'll be keeping an eye on Bakayoko at Milan hoping that a fresh start kickstarts his career.

With Kovacic arriving, Bakayoko has to be the one to make way. We don't have any spots left for non homegrown players, so we have little choice but to move him on.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out, i never thought it would in all honesty, but i was hoping to be proven wrong. I hope he does well at Milan if he goes there, there is no reason to wish bad luck on him, I'm sure he didn't purposely play bad for us, he just isn't good enough at football.

Weird thing is the first couple of months he actually looked decent and was giving us the drive and press resistance in midfield that to say Matic lacked would be an understatement. The Palace match in October despite scoring he was wack and so begun a spectacular and rapid fall from grace, it's truly bizarre how quickly it went so wrong.

What’s even more bizarre is how the hell has he managed to play for Chelsea, and now Milan?

Easily one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at Chelsea and that is quite a statement.

It’s also our fault, but he played a big part in our failure to finish top 4 last season. If we spent that 40m on a better midfielder I imagine it would be a different story.

Good luck Bakayoko, I wish you the best but please don’t come back.

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

Weird thing is the first couple of months he actually looked decent and was giving us the drive and press resistance in midfield that to say Matic lacked would be an understatement. 

I thought he was a positive influence in the Liverpool win as well, but the good performances were so few and far between. And the lack of composure with the ball is tough to get past.

That win at a struggling Atletico was one of the worse things that could have happened to us. Fool's Gold for that dreadfully negative 3-5-2. Of course, how would that 3-5-2 look now with our midfield replacements? 

I don't usually like slagging off one of our own players, but sadly he is one of the worst purchases that I can recall us making. 

It's funny how it's come to this because as others have remarked he was decent until October - against Leicester early in the season he won a fair amount of praise from posters here, as he looked strong, fast, dynamic and more dangerous going forward than Matic. He also impressed against Liverpool, Man U (at home) and Atletico (away) in a 3-man formation. 

However, that's about as much praise as anyone can possibly give him, because over time he became more lackadaisical in defence, constantly losing concentration (also a problem at Monaco), making half-hearted challenges, getting himself sent off and generally appearing disconnected from his teammates. Even when he did drive forward, his comical finishing rendered it all for nought. His passing and first touch also seemed to worsen over time - at Monaco he generally seemed able to recycle possession under pressure, but at Chelsea he completely lost the ability to do this. I have to agree with @Ernie_blue that Bakayoko was not so much inconsistent as consistently rubbish.

Hopefully he'll fare better at Milan. 

Edited by DaRick

Apparently he is disappointed to have to go on loan. I feel bad for him, but he really was untenable here. He never coped with the higher PL pace. Probably our worst ever signing. The performance against Watford is certainly the worst performance by a Chelsea player I have seen. 

I wish him all the best and hope he is a success.

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Be funny if he started today.

In the voice of Tommy DeVito.............You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but it's funny how, I mean funny like he's a clown, he amuses you? He makes you laugh, he's here to f**kin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is he funny?