Tiémoué Bakayoko

36 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Go wash your mouth you!

Mikel was a great player for us.

Not for me! He had some good games but he was a massive weaklink most if the time. Gave nothing in the opponents half and slower than a snail carrying heavy shopping. 

He was profoundly bad for parts of the season, making mistakes that that I would make if I was out there (granted I would've made a lot more mistakes than him) and the fact that there was parts of his game that could be compared to just the average person is not a good thing (duh). I really hope he finds his form again in Serie A and turns it around for himself.

2 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

The 23-year-old now makes the temporary switch to the Serie A side who are managed by Gennaro Gattuso and are competing in the Europa League this season.”

This is worrying. He is coming back next season...

...our new Mikel. 

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Go wash your mouth you!

Mikel was a great player for us.

2 hours ago, Dixon said:

Not for me! He had some good games but he was a massive weaklink most if the time. Gave nothing in the opponents half and slower than a snail carrying heavy shopping. 

He was, at his best, good to very good at playing as a stock defensive midfielder for Chelsea.

He was frustrating in many ways because he didn't fulfil his potential and his international exploits showed that while he could play a more expansive, creative role he immediately just reverted back to being a stock defensive midfielder whenever he played for us. 

However, he doesn't deserve to be associated with Bakayoko. Mikel at his worst was ineffectual, but he was not poor to outright abominable like Bakayoko often was.  

2 minutes ago, DaRick said:

He was, at his best, good to very good at playing as a stock defensive midfielder for Chelsea.

He was frustrating in many ways because he didn't fulfil his potential and his international exploits showed that while he could play a more expansive, creative role he immediately just reverted back to being a stock defensive midfielder whenever he played for us. 

However, he doesn't deserve to be associated with Bakayoko. Mikel at his worst was ineffectual, but he was not poor to outright abominable like Bakayoko often was.  

For sure, not as shockingly bad as Baka, but who ever was? Mikel was good at shielding the ball and playing a five yard pass, but that was about it. Imho at a top club a player simply has to bring more to the table than he did. Nice bloke though who usually had a nice smile on his face.

I thought this was the Bakayoko thread, not the Morata thread. This excuse only works for a certain striker.
From what I have seen of Morata since we signed him, I think the problem Morata has is overconfidence. He thinks he is actually better than he is just because he played for the Madrid team at a tender age. It gets into his head, so coming to the EPL here, he wants the officials and opposing player to treat him the same way they will treat a Lionel Messi or a Cristiano Ronaldo. I think that explains the reason why he likes getting on the ground with the most minimal contact. I guess he had no idea how much work Messi and Ronaldo did to be where they are today! Besides, I can't remember from memory any striker we have signed that is as weak has Morata but end up leaving here as a hero. Even Torres wasn't as lazy as Morata, I think the transfer fee affected him, but later he toughen up and left as a hero to me.
Pertaining to Bakayoko, when he came, even when he wasn't yet fit, showed potential in his first few months before he started under performing, but even when things weren't going his way, each time we have a game against a top team and we need to be more defensive in the game, we do start him and he doesn't really dissapoint until when you expect him to move the ball forward. He was even played an important part for us in our last match of the season where we won our last trophy just to show you he isn't as bad as people make him out to be. But trust me, since February I didn't see anything positive about Morata that shows he is willing to prove his doubters wrong. Every chance he has been giving to start for us as a striker since February till this moment I still see the same Morata that I prefer Giroud playing over him.

On 14/08/2018 at 20:09, LengmanJedi said:

Saw on Reddit that he wished his "Chelsea family" luck for the season he's a lovely chap never moaned even after taking some pretty shocking abuse online so genuinely hope him all the best!

Agree, I just think he was way out of his depth coming here and went into hiding a lot of games. 

Conte should never have played him that many times, it was quite clear Baka was not growing with confidence being played all the time. I hope for his sake he can get his career back on track at Madrid. 

On 08/08/2018 at 17:32, dansubrosa said:

What’s even more bizarre is how the hell has he managed to play for Chelsea, and now Milan?

Easily one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at Chelsea and that is quite a statement.

It’s also our fault, but he played a big part in our failure to finish top 4 last season. If we spent that 40m on a better midfielder I imagine it would be a different story.

Good luck Bakayoko, I wish you the best but please don’t come back.

imagine the baka and drinkwater money were spent elsewhere