Tiémoué Bakayoko

3 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Fragile, yes.  But not helped one bit by the way he was treated by his own supporters.

I get that he was poor for us.  It was painful to watch, he clearly was not able to do what was required, he obviously felt bad about it, and I felt sorry for him.  I think he really was looking forward to playing for Chelsea.  

I disagree, the fans showed a lot of support for him, there's only so much you can do for a player when he's really out of his depth and looks like he's not even trying. Like Lampard said, the fans can get behind you if you work hard, you have to track your man, he wasn't doing that, he seemed not only allergic to match tactics, but lazy. 

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kante's never played it at club level anyway.

Can we all stop witht this "Kante never played in that Position." 

Yes he never really played in that position but also not in his current one. 

I think every body knows what it means when someone says, "he played DM". 

(not just you but in general) 

2 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

The problem is that he has always been a box to box midfielder but with a special talent for interceptions and would be used as a deeper b2b, the difference is the quoted DM position is though of as the makele role, essentially a defender that plays in front of the back 4, 

lets be honest it is semantics,  

1 hour ago, Bonzodog29 said:

The problem is that he has always been a box to box midfielder but with a special talent for interceptions and would be used as a deeper b2b, the difference is the quoted DM position is though of as the makele role, essentially a defender that plays in front of the back 4, 

lets be honest it is semantics,  

He offered a line of protection for the back 4.  Yes, he played "box to box", but that was because he had the freedom and ability to go where he needed to break up play and start an attack.  It was still essentially a DM position, but he wasn't chained to a specific part of the field.

Edited by Boston Blue

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

Yeah I agree, he's played a lot deeper for most of his career, he's an excellent ball winner. 

Who breaks up play like Kante in the Premier League? Nobody. Sadly we aren't going to get that Kante under Sarri, I don't think he's doing awful by any means but I'm not as impressed by his performance like most on here seem to be in his more offensive position. 

• 2 weeks later...

Milan probably will not buy him. Even if they reach Champions league next season i think that his "f**k off" to Milans manager was to much for Milan to take.

In my eyes Bakayoko is a player that easily becomes a good player in a poor team. But in a good team he becomes average.

2 hours ago, Ploki said:

Milan probably will not buy him. Even if they reach Champions league next season i think that his "f**k off" to Milans manager was to much for Milan to take.

In my eyes Bakayoko is a player that easily becomes a good player in a poor team. But in a good team he becomes average.

I think he's bang average full stop.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, fitz said:

"His agent, Federico Pastorello, confirmed he was returning to the Bridge to pursue Champions League football".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9250185/bakayoko-will-stay-at-chelsea-confirms-agent-after-flop-midfielder-fails-to-land-ac-milan-transfer/

The season that keeps on taking ....

The triple whammy of Rudiger, CHO, and RLC injuries ... followed by the triple whammy of Hazard leaving, the James injury and Bakayoko staying ... I'm starting to think Sarri is bad luck LOL

17 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

The season that keeps on taking ....

The triple whammy of Rudiger, CHO, and RLC injuries ... followed by the triple whammy of Hazard leaving, the James injury and Bakayoko staying ... I'm starting to think Sarri is bad luck LOL

Sarri himself is leaving also, mind you.

11 hours ago, tmarmsi said:

Awful player last time around, although wouldn't take a lot to improve on kovacic performance this season  

Are you for real? Kovacic at least had footballing skills even if in his bad days he contributed nothing. Bakayoko is either having a nothing game or outright almost sabotaging us in games.

Ok Ok all you doom merchants, i agree he wasn't very good when here last time, but he really  upped his game for Milan, and had some great reviews, remember how good he was at monaco, he just needs to re-apply himself when given an opportunity,  and i bet my house he'd score more than Kovamiss!!!!

Well he knew he didn’t want to stay at Milan after the racism incident. We’ve got a new manager likely to arrive and if he likes the Premier League why wouldn’t he want to try and impress in preseason? 

We’ve got a transfer ban hanging over us so this is a good opportunity for Bakayoko.

Personally I can’t see it, I think we’re pretty stacked in midfield but with not enough quality, we need to trim the likes of Drinkwater and Bakayoko.

I can see him taking minutes off ampadu.

Might be better for Ampadu to on loan, because if we give bakayoko the 'drinkwater treatment' his value will drop significantly. 

I didnt want Bakayoko back, but it seems we will no choice unless a kind club makes us a decent offer for him.