havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

The negativity towards some chelsea players on these threads is incredible but I guess it will never change.

19 minutes ago, ozboy said:

The negativity towards some chelsea players on these threads is incredible but I guess it will never change.

Assuming you work, if a coworker of yours performs poorly, do yo express frustration and distaste in them?  Why is being a fan of a sports club any different?

7 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Assuming you work, if a coworker of yours performs poorly, do yo express frustration and distaste in them?  Why is being a fan of a sports club any different?

No actually. Personally I'd rather encourage, support and advise them. They may not be in the right job (and Bakayoko probably isn't at the right club), but "expressing your frustration and distaste in them" is counterproductive. 

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

Out of interest, what positives should Chelsea fans have towards Bakayoko? 

A £40m investment on considerable wages whose performances have been so poor he's been leapfrogged in the pecking order by not just one but two academy players (RLC and Mount). 

I mean most of the comments I'm seeing are just fans hopeful that he'll leave. He's not fulfilled the purpose he was bought for so what else is there to think and feel about him as a player? 

14 hours ago, ozboy said:

Guilty of it here, I admit. 

He becomes frustratingly tentative when in a Chelsea shirt. I don't even mind that his technique and passing looks completely amateur most times (Ramires wasn't great with those things either) but I just want to see him put himself about a bit at least, close down players, make a few good tackles, anything with a bit of conviction. 

At least with a bit of aggression and energy he might add something in games where the physicality is needed. 

He doesn't even seem to have that.

Interesting story this morning about Marina blocking a loan to Monaco because they are too low profile to showcase Bakayoko's "talent" and drive up his value, so that he becomes easier to sell next summer.

Time for her to acknowledge that she overpaid for a dud and is probably not going to get back what she paid ... or even close to it ...

14 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Really unfortunate that Milan missed out on CL football.  Think they would have bought him if they had qualified.

Don't think he would have agreed to go there permanently because of that racism issue he had towards end of that season ... shame as I thought we'd offloaded him for almost what we paid !

5 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Don't think he would have agreed to go there permanently because of that racism issue he had towards end of that season ... shame as I thought we'd offloaded him for almost what we paid !

New manager in place though right?  He might have done it, there's racism everywhere unfortunately - we've seen that first hand with Tammy.

6 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Interesting story this morning about Marina blocking a loan to Monaco because they are too low profile to showcase Bakayoko's "talent" and drive up his value, so that he becomes easier to sell next summer.

Time for her to acknowledge that she overpaid for a dud and is probably not going to get back what she paid ... or even close to it ...

Probably best he can’t ‘showcase his talent’. That’d drive the price right down. 

A year in obscurity at Chelsea might make people forget how sh*t he actually is!

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Probably best he can’t ‘showcase his talent’. That’d drive the price right down. 

A year in obscurity at Chelsea might make people forget how sh*t he actually is!

I couldn't agree more ... he was simply awful in pre-season ... I guess Marina didn't see any of our games ... 🙂

17 minutes ago, evissy said:

Bakayoko in limbo... Is the market still open?

There is still time to secure a deal but limited interest by the sounds of it, particularly if we are being picky. Its a shame but confidence looks shot and just looks like 'a swing and a miss' for us on him

If we can't get him a move Frank should give Bakayoko a go. With Kante being made to play like a jetpacker on steroids, Baka might help some. Worth a shot. He's just faffing around in the reserves anyways. 

24 minutes ago, Sing the Blues said:

If we can't get him a move Frank should give Bakayoko a go. With Kante being made to play like a jetpacker on steroids, Baka might help some. Worth a shot. He's just faffing around in the reserves anyways. 

He can have as many go’s as he wants.  On the training pitch.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sing the Blues said:

He's been given a go with us.  And in virtually every go, he's looked slow, lost, and over matched.

Edited by Boston Blue

4 hours ago, Sing the Blues said:

You think we should have a guy in our starting XI that no other club in Europe is even interested in having in their squad, let alone starting for them ?

5 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

You think we should have a guy in our starting XI that no other club in Europe is even interested in having in their squad, let alone starting for them ?

…….and one who has already shown that he's not up to the task at Chelsea?

^^^ He can't be any worse than Barkley atm and with our players seemingly injury prone we need all the help we can get. All I said was give Baka a go. If he's still sh*te then he can go back to kicking stones.

9 minutes ago, Sing the Blues said:

^^^ He can't be any worse than Barkley atm and with our players seemingly injury prone we need all the help we can get. All I said was give Baka a go. If he's still sh*te then he can go back to kicking stones.

Yes he can. Barkley hasn't started the season well, but he is nowhere near as bad as Bakayoko at his worst.

12 minutes ago, Sing the Blues said:

Barkley may not be the best player in the squad but he is head and shoulders above Bakayoko. Serious question - have you seen Timo play ?

Posted (edited)

^^^I did say ATM didn't I?

We have a lack of options and if Jorginho or Kante get injured long term  then we're f**ked. Might as well try what we've got. It's not like I'm saying make Baka a first team player ffs. 

Edited by Sing the Blues