Tiémoué Bakayoko

1 hour ago, Sing the Blues said:

^^^I did say ATM didn't I?

We have a lack of options and if Jorginho or Kante get injured long term  then we're f**ked. Might as well try what we've got. It's not like I'm saying make Baka a first team player ffs. 

If he plays then he is a first team player by definition.  And , atm, Barkley is STILL a far better player than Bakayoko is. My mum would run him close and she’s 75.  He’s had his chances and , though I don’t think he is physically a bad player per se, he seems to have mental problems which manifest into a ‘rabbit in headlights’ performance every single time he has played for us - even in matches that don’t matter like pre season.

Honestly - I don’t think I’ve seen a worse player in all my years watching football. And that includes George Weah’s cousin.

1 minute ago, Crem said:

If he plays then he is a first team player by definition.  And , atm, Barkley is STILL a far better player than Bakayoko is. My mum would run him close and she’s 75.  He’s had his chances and , though I don’t think he is physically a bad player per se, he seems to have mental problems which manifest into a ‘rabbit in headlights’ performance every single time he has played for us - even in matches that don’t matter like pre season.

Honestly - I don’t think I’ve seen a worse player in all my years watching football. And that includes George Weah’s cousin.

Fair enough. I've taken my share of shots at Baka but with our  players picking up knocks frequently and our transfer ban  I'm worried we may have to scramble for options and might have to turn to your mum to put in a shift.

5 minutes ago, Crem said:

I think he might even be worse than Bebe as well ... 🙂

6 minutes ago, Sing the Blues said:

Fair enough. I've taken my share of shots at Baka but with our  players picking up knocks frequently and our transfer ban  I'm worried we may have to scramble for options and might have to turn to your mum to put in a shift.

No worries . She’s out practising her free kicks right now 🙂

20 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Still cant believe we had scouts watching Monaco and someone thought we should buy this guy but not Fabinho or Bernardo Silva.

One of the worst decisions this club has ever made, and that's including going for Torres instead of Aguero. 

That Monaco side was beaming with talent from top to bottom and we picked their worst player. 

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Except that never actually happened. 

We were heavily linked with Aguero for 2 years before the signing of Torres, and Atletico were willing to sell him, but we went for Torres in January and City landed Aguero in the summer for a cheaper price. 

4 hours ago, Droopy said:

This is arguably the worst transfer we've ever had(please don't mention Torres). 

I’d argue Drinkwater worse than Bakayoko. He’s retaining some value and you can kind of see how he might have been one to bet on.

More broadly I’m probably in a minority, but I’m a little puzzled we’re letting both (and Ampadu, but he needed minutes) go on when we are a bit light at the base of midfield and vulnerable to injury. Who will play at base or in the two in League cup?

2 minutes ago, VG said:

I’d argue Drinkwater worse than Bakayoko. He’s retaining some value and you can kind of see how he might have been one to bet on.

More broadly I’m probably in a minority, but I’m a little puzzled we’re letting both (and Ampadu, but he needed minutes) go on when we are a bit light at the base of midfield and vulnerable to injury. Who will play at base or in the two in League cup?

I thought Danny actually gave a few good performances, even in the big games. As for Bakayoko I can only name a handful and he played a lot of games, too many. 

But obviously Bakayoko was the one deemed with the most potential and it just didn't go well here, no matter how many times he played it just seemed to get worse and worse to a point where it was embarrassing, the lad had 0 confidence whatsoever and was hiding from the ball at one point. 

I never agreed with any of the abuse he received, and I'm one of his biggest critics. I just hope he we manage to sell him and just cut even a bit of our losses. On the bright side we've got some youngsters who look much better. 

Confidence player and needs patience and arm wrapped around him. Kinda hard in the Chelsea cauldron for such a player to have an impact as we have had managers who are solely focused on the now and couldn't worry about tomorrow. Would be a monster if he went to a lower EPL club who gave him that time. Built for the EPL and his charging dribbling runs are very hard to stop when confident.

No where near the worst transfer. I'd dare to say he had a lot more impact than Mineiro ... 

8 minutes ago, downunderblue said:

Confidence player and needs patience and arm wrapped around him. Kinda hard in the Chelsea cauldron for such a player to have an impact as we have had managers who are solely focused on the now and couldn't worry about tomorrow. Would be a monster if he went to a lower EPL club who gave him that time. Built for the EPL and his charging dribbling runs are very hard to stop when confident.

No where near the worst transfer. I'd dare to say he had a lot more impact than Mineiro ... 

Nothing to do with confidence he just isn't good enough. I don't have a problem with signings that fail, everyone makes bad signings. Buying players like Morata, Cuadrado and Salah and them failing is ok with me. Its when we buy players we should never have bought in the first place that i have a problem with. This guy, Drinkwater, Zappacosta these players were never good enough in the first place.

5 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Nothing to do with confidence he just isn't good enough. I don't have a problem with signings that fail, everyone makes bad signings. Buying players like Morata, Cuadrado and Salah and them failing is ok with me. Its when we buy players we should never have bought in the first place that i have a problem with. This guy, Drinkwater, Zappacosta these players were never good enough in the first place.

Just like Mohamed Salah wasn't good enough? Or maybe Kevin de Bruin? Lukaku after missing the penalty? 

People have short memories.

Every time I see Kevin de Bruin in a Citeh shirt makes me want to rip Mourihno's eyes out. Some players need the right environment to succeed and we are not good at that (hoping Frank and the Club can change that).

9 minutes ago, downunderblue said:

Just like Mohamed Salah wasn't good enough? Or maybe Kevin de Bruin? Lukaku after missing the penalty? 

People have short memories.

Every time I see Kevin de Bruin in a Citeh shirt makes me want to rip Mourihno's eyes out. Some players need the right environment to succeed and we are not good at that (hoping Frank and the Club can change that).

KDB was amazing at Genk and Bremen, he wasn't even bad playing for us just never got his chance. 

Salah looked really good, especially against us before we signed him at that Danish club was it? I can't remember. This is an unpopular opinion and most disagree but I thought he was actually good here in his first 6 months (Stoke Away), after that he got reserved to the bench and whenever he played he was terrible and we sold him. I don't think Mourinho gave either a chance. Bakayoko was different, he had more of a chance than both of those combined. He played over 40 games that season, 29 league games. Salah and De Bruyne played 16 league games combined and were both younger. 

Not really a valid comparison. 

I can't recall seeing a player for us who (often in the same match):

1. Looked so totally out of his depth
  2. Completely crumbled after an obvious mistake
  3. Was so ill suited for the way we play

It's as if our board bought him solely based on a 4 minute Monaco YouTube highlight video they saw of him.  

Edited by Boston Blue
Spelling
1 hour ago, downunderblue said:

Firstly Lukaku wasn't good enough then (for the role he was demanding) and still isn't now, it's very ironic that Mou reunited with the one sale he got right.

Secondly the Bakayoko situation is a lot different to De Bruyne, i can categorically guarantee anything i have that he won't return to England and be the best player for a 100 point title winning team. 

10 minutes ago, Argo said:

Firstly Lukaku wasn't good enough then (for the role he was demanding) and still isn't now, it's very ironic that Mou reunited with the one sale he got right.

Secondly the Bakayoko situation is a lot different to De Bruyne, i can categorically guarantee anything i have that he won't return to England and be the best player for a 100 point title winning team. 

I think in that summer both Utd and us were hampered by other clubs not selling their best players. We both had to make the best out of mediocre offerings.

I will be interested to see how Lukaku does in Italy.

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think in that summer both Utd and us were hampered by other clubs not selling their best players. We both had to make the best out of mediocre offerings.

I will be interested to see how Lukaku does in Italy.

I think he will flop, he's chosen the worst league for him (Germany would have suited him most). Serie A may have declined in overall quality but it's still comfortably the best league defensively (even CR7's record is human there) and attackers increasingly need to use their tactical nous to get advantages, something Rom doesn't really have.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

I think he will flop, he's chosen the worst league for him (Germany would have suited him most). Serie A may have declined in overall quality but it's still comfortably the best league defensively (even CR7's record is human there) and attackers increasingly need to use their tactical nous to get advantages, something Rom doesn't really have.

I struggle to see him being a success there too, yet maybe Conte has seen something we have missed unless he has it very wrong and he becomes their Bakayoko.

Just now, Strider6003 said:

I struggle to see him being a success there too, yet maybe Conte has seen something we have missed unless he has it very wrong and he becomes their Bakayoko.

Conte has many strengths as a manager but the market isn't one of them. The fact he wants Alexis aswell says it all.