Jump to content

havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Argo said:

Conte has many strengths as a manager but the market isn't one of them. The fact he wants Alexis aswell says it all.

Just remember who we were linked with when he was here, I think it's pretty clear that it was Conte wanting to enquire about these players, Carroll, Crouch and whatnot. 

It probably was him who signed Bakayoko. I was never sold on him as a player, whenever I saw him in the Champions League I thought he was very average, looked the worst player in that side, I didn't get the hype. I never saw his Ligue 1 performances though or his performances at Milan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Just remember who we were linked with when he was here, I think it's pretty clear that it was Conte wanting to enquire about these players, Carroll, Crouch and whatnot. 

It probably was him who signed Bakayoko. I was never sold on him as a player, whenever I saw him in the Champions League I thought he was very average, looked the worst player in that side, I didn't get the hype. I never saw his Ligue 1 performances though or his performances at Milan. 

He gets away with so much flack for that summer because 90% of the fanbase want to run with "the board forced those players on him" narrative. While that may be the case with Bats, Barkley, Drinkwater it certainly wasn't the case with Baka, Morata, Zappacosta. Lets not forget the players he wanted that he didn't get, Rom, Sanchez, Naingolan (apparently wanted him over Kante but is now shafting him), Perisic (again now shafting him now he's got him), Candreva etc.

Many people thought the board f**ked up by not backing him, i thought they f**ked up by backing him, he should have had no say in transfers given his record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Argo said:

He gets away with so much flack for that summer because 90% of the fanbase want to run with "the board forced those players on him" narrative. While that may be the case with Bats, Barkley, Drinkwater it certainly wasn't the case with Baka, Morata, Zappacosta. Lets not forget the players he wanted that he didn't get, Rom, Sanchez, Naingolan (apparently wanted him over Kante but is now shafting him), Perisic (again now shafting him now he's got him), Candreva etc.

Many people thought the board f**ked up by not backing him, i thought they f**ked up by backing him, he should have had no say in transfers given his record.

I think there's equal blame to go around, especially considering how we've been in the market over the years, if you compare our transfer activity to City's there's no comparison, they do much better business than we do. 

However, in Conte's case I think you look more in the right now given the players he's wanting to sign at Inter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slojo said:

I think there's equal blame to go around, especially considering how we've been in the market over the years, if you compare our transfer activity to City's there's no comparison, they do much better business than we do. 

However, in Conte's case I think you look more in the right now given the players he's wanting to sign at Inter. 

Unpopular opinion but apart from 2017 I don't think recruitment has been a problem in this era (2015 was more what we didn't do as opposed to what we did, we targeted the right players but could only get Pedro over the line) and apart from isolated examples we haven't really signed any serious flops (again that summer aside). 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 were all excellent summer windows while 2013 was a decent one. 

I think what has really set us aside from the likes of City especially under Pep is the ruthless edge. They get rid of players as soon as they start becoming even a minor hindrance (Hart, the fullbacks, they even signed an Aguero replacement when it appeared he wasn't going to take to the Pep way) whereas we tend to stick with them and don't make serious efforts to replace them until they become serious problems on the pitch (the old guard, Ivanovic, Matic, Oscar).

In many ways how he deals with the Azpi situation will tell me a lot about how Lampard will do as a manager and whether he has serious longevity potential, it's one thing being ruthless with Luiz who's been in and out of favour constantly during both his spells here, it's another thing entirely dropping the captain and long time stalwart of the side no matter how much it needs to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argo said:

In many ways how he deals with the Azpi situation will tell me a lot about how Lampard will do as a manager and whether he has serious longevity potential, it's one thing being ruthless with Luiz who's been in and out of favour constantly during both his spells here, it's another thing entirely dropping the captain and long time stalwart of the side no matter how much it needs to happen.

It's not like Azpi could complain. He hasn't produced the form from previous years and surely understands you either produce or lose your spot to the next guy (Reece James when fit). I feel the situation would be different from Cahill where he was just frozen out by Sarri. Off all the criticism of Sarri this one was the worst for me. You don't just from one day ignore the captain, not be honest or even communicate  with him and not expect repercussions to your authority or respect within the team. I couldn't understand why Sarri did this, and makes a mockery of his man management skills. I just cant see Frank doing that- he has more class and the sense that you can be honest enough with people and still do your job properly as the gaffa. Remember he was in that position too as a player in his final season under the fat Spanish waiter and I really would be puzzled if he made the same mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 07:24, Slojo said:

KDB was amazing at Genk and Bremen, he wasn't even bad playing for us just never got his chance. 

Salah looked really good, especially against us before we signed him at that Danish club was it? I can't remember. This is an unpopular opinion and most disagree but I thought he was actually good here in his first 6 months (Stoke Away), after that he got reserved to the bench and whenever he played he was terrible and we sold him. I don't think Mourinho gave either a chance. Bakayoko was different, he had more of a chance than both of those combined. He played over 40 games that season, 29 league games. Salah and De Bruyne played 16 league games combined and were both younger. 

Not really a valid comparison. 

Basel was who we bought Salah from.  He did look great in the CL against us, that’s for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


He forgot what his shirt number is, #14 was on the board to be subbed off and he started running towards the bench applauding the fans thinking it was him that's going off.

The gift that keeps on giving. :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...