Jump to content

Tiémoué Bakayoko


Recommended Posts


5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We've made about £12m in loan fees on him in the last 3 years.

Probably wouldn't get much more than that from a permanent sale right now so if anything we're getting more out of him financially by sending him on loan. 

By the time he comes into his prime, we can sell him for 25m-ish pretty much breaking even on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I watched a lot of Monaco that year, and trust me i knew he was going to be that bad, it was not luck at all. They had Mbappe, who arguably we couldn't afford anyway, but other players like bernardo silva, fabinho, that were standout players. Bakayoko was so average most games, but he scored that one header against man city and for some reason we were sold.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2021 at 01:16, dansubrosa said:

If only we spent that money on a competent midfielder, the team would look very different. Out of all players at Monaco we go for Bakayoko, no one could have seen him being this bad. Rotten luck.

I think we wanted Tolisso first but he went to Bayern instead, he would of been a much better buy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oli said:

I watched a lot of Monaco that year, and trust me i knew he was going to be that bad, it was not luck at all. They had Mbappe, who arguably we couldn't afford anyway, but other players like bernardo silva, fabinho, that were standout players. Bakayoko was so average most games, but he scored that one header against man city and for some reason we were sold.  

Agree, he looked awful in the Champions League games for Monaco. Fabinho was the one for me who I liked the look of. That whole transfer window was an absolute disgrace though, we did nothing but sign complete sh*t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Agree, he looked awful in the Champions League games for Monaco. Fabinho was the one for me who I liked the look of. That whole transfer window was an absolute disgrace though, we did nothing but sign complete sh*t. 

You won't be saying that when we're celebrating the fifth European title of the Islay Iniesta

0_Billy-Gilmour.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NIKKICFC said:

Tuchel at times played with 3 defensive midfielders at PSG. Maybe he would want him back? 

Time to move on from him and accept we made a mistake. Not good enough. Would rather give Gilmour a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

13 hours ago, just said:

Remember the 80's and 90's when Serie A was the best league in the world with the best players from around the world?

You could argue it also was in the 00's, AC Milan always bossed Europe, very hard team. Inter Milan, under Jose especially were also a very difficult team. In about 2011 it all changed, mostly money, the Italian teams just couldn't attract the top talents anymore, the two Milan teams especially are a shadow of what they once were. 

Edited by Slojo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slojo said:

You could argue it also was in the 00's, AC Milan always bossed Europe, very hard team. Inter Milan, under Jose especially were also a very difficult team. In about 2011 it all changed, mostly money, the Italian teams just couldn't attract the top talents anymore, the two Milan teams especially are a shadow of what they once were. 

It was the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal that brought it all crashing down .. a load of top players deserted Serie A after that ...

Edited by Sexyfootball
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/4/9/22375318/napoli-decide-against-keeping-chelsea-loanee-tiemoue-bakayoko-report

 

Sounds like Napoli have decided they dont want to keep him, even at a reduced 18mill euros price.

1 year left on his deal, will he go down the road of having to sign 1 year extensions to get a loan or will we cut or losses and let him go for 5mill and let his contract simply run down?

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/4/9/22375318/napoli-decide-against-keeping-chelsea-loanee-tiemoue-bakayoko-report

 

Sounds like Napoli have decided they dont want to keep him, even at a reduced 18mill euros price.

1 year left on his deal, will he go down the road of having to sign 1 year extensions to get a loan or will we cut or losses and let him go for 5mill and let his contract simply run down?

Ok guys don't shoot me but what if we gave him another shot under TT. I've not watched him play since he left and I could be very much wrong considering no one seems to want him. But, what if this was how it needed to be. He was brought with the idea that he could play in a midfield duo which funnily enough we are playing right now. I'm not certain but isn't he a dm with legs the exact profile the team has been missing.

If he is in fact a system player and was made to look good in that Monaco team, surely TT could get a decent tune at him since he seems to make the whole better than the sum of the parts. At the very least surely TT has to take a look at him in pre season, I'm not saying he's a starter or anything but that 40m investment doesn't look likely to return and while we shop for a dm is there any harm in trying what we already have in the meantime?

I'm aware this could hinder Billy's game time but as things stand I think he should get a loan for more regular football. I think after a season or 2 of that he would slot straight into the first team with his experience. I would like to think that would be how Bakayoko would be, after all these loans he's finally got the exp to play for a team of Chelsea's level. Again I could be make a big reach here but food for thought maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a chelsea legend after that 1st Tottenham match. Ever since then, we've basically been trying to get rid of him and rightfully so... its a shame we had to televise those matches in 2017

Edited by chiefBlueCFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Ok guys don't shoot me but what if we gave him another shot under TT. I've not watched him play since he left and I could be very much wrong considering no one seems to want him. But, what if this was how it needed to be. He was brought with the idea that he could play in a midfield duo which funnily enough we are playing right now. I'm not certain but isn't he a dm with legs the exact profile the team has been missing.

If he is in fact a system player and was made to look good in that Monaco team, surely TT could get a decent tune at him since he seems to make the whole better than the sum of the parts. At the very least surely TT has to take a look at him in pre season, I'm not saying he's a starter or anything but that 40m investment doesn't look likely to return and while we shop for a dm is there any harm in trying what we already have in the meantime?

I'm aware this could hinder Billy's game time but as things stand I think he should get a loan for more regular football. I think after a season or 2 of that he would slot straight into the first team with his experience. I would like to think that would be how Bakayoko would be, after all these loans he's finally got the exp to play for a team of Chelsea's level. Again I could be make a big reach here but food for thought maybe?

You could build the team around him and he would still be the worst player in it. It wouldn't matter what system he played in, he's just a bit too sh*t for this level.

The Bakayoko's and Morata's get all of the luck. No matter how sh*t they are, they still somehow manage to play for so many top clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who ever thinks about posting "Can Bakayoko do a job for us", as I have also pondered in the past, should before posting, first go and re-watch the first 29 mins of the Chelsea Watford game, in which Baka produced what was the worst 30 mins of football I have ever seen one.

The guy isnt a footballer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!