havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

17 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You couldn't have missed my point any more if you'd tried. The point was that Rashford had a run of games to prove himself under Van Gaal. As did Kane at Tottenham. They had a straight run of 10-15 games to get out there and show what they have. If Utd and Tottenham didn't have a crisis at the time they wouldn't have been given that opportunity and i'll put my money on Rashford still wouldn't have had his debut and Kane would have been released. At Chelsea they will never ever get that chance. Even a couple of seasons ago when our season was over in February we still didn't bother giving youth a chance.

I understand your point now my apologies if  I overlooked it 

On 25/06/2017 at 08:03, evissy said:

There was a comparison between Matic and Baka. Bakayoko is way better in getting the ball from the oppo but he does nothing for attack where as Matic's attacking skills and numbers are pretty good. Not sure if Kante-Bakayoko would be even a working duo.

Kante and Bakayoko is a perfect midfield for our system. 

10 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

Clearly you're not as you also think Matic is better going forward than Bakayoko :laugh2:

No qualms with us signing Baka, though as it stands I just don't think we have a solid plan B if we let Matic go and Baka turns out to be a dud.

Edited by the special one

On 23/06/2017 at 14:05, Amputechture said:

How many times have you seen him play last season? Genuinely curious as bar a couple Youtube videos, I know next to nothing about Bakayoko.

Is his first touch as terrible as some make out? What makes you rate him, or his potential rather, so highly?

I have seen people saying this on twitter, ironically they have all been Man United fans.

its a complete myth, he has very good technique and a very good first touch, I saw a video recently as well of Falcao talking about Bakayoko and he said 'Bakayoko's best attribute is his technique' 

4 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

Honestly Id much rather have Nate being that backup then Matic.

I would too tbh, it's just for me if Baka is a dud the pressure will be on Nate to step up. Hopefully he'll rise to the challenge. Would have more confidence in our midfield next season if we brought in an experienced CDM/CM just in case.

Edited by the special one

3 minutes ago, the special one said:

No qualms with us signing Baka, though as it stands I just don't think we have a solid plan B if we let Matic go and Baka turns out to be a dud.

I think we will definitely sign another midfielder if we let Matic go.

6 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Remember watching him killing it against PSG early in the french season that was. Liked him ever since.

Think Conte will turn him into a proper beast for us.

He bullied Verratti in that game

2 hours ago, vhanoi said:

The Daily Express are running an entire article over the fact that someone changed his club to Chelsea on his Wikipedia page.

haha the state of that...

5 hours ago, adineen98 said:

He's close to signing according to BBC Sports. Not sure how true that may be but great news of it is emoji2.png

The BBC, to my knowledge, is almost never wrong when it reports a story of a transfer. I can't remember the last time it's erroneously reported or speculated. It may say a player has been linked to another club in a move which never happens but when it says "close to signing", "set to sign" or just plain "will sign", the deal is just about 100 per cent done. Sky is the only other news outlet I really trust...apart from the horse's mouth itself (the club).

Edited by BellettiBullet

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Hopefully Chalobah or Ruben.

46 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Is he better than Fabinho ?

Overall, no. More athletic and better at driving the ball forward

1 hour ago, Adamrb said:

Is he better than Fabinho ?

I think he is. He makes more tackles/interceptions per 90 minutes, better on the ball, press resistant, better in the air, better dribbler, better passer, stronger, more athletic and doesn't pick up as many silly yellow cards as Fabinho 

5 minutes ago, pacquiao said:

I think he is. He makes more tackles/interceptions per 90 minutes, better on the ball, press resistant, better in the air, better dribbler, better passer, stronger, more athletic and doesn't pick up as many silly yellow cards as Fabinho 

He can't be bullied like wanyama did to us last season him and Kante will be menacing, matic can just disappear in games I see bakayoko as much more of a presence in not sure why people aren't rating him, go on YouTube and watch reruns of full games particularly the psg game early last season the guy is the real deal, he is central to a team that won the league that should be psg's all day and went to the CL semis, I think he is a top signing, people saying matic does more going forward....when the f**k does matic ever contribute to attacks that's why stats are misleading we certainly won't miss magics attacking prowess but will certainly appreciate the solidity bakayoko brings 

2 hours ago, dan_cfc said:

For the prices quoted

Bakayoko in for 35m 

Matic out for 40m

5 mil profit replacing a declining player ain't bad if true

When you look at it like that it's really a no brainer.