Tiémoué Bakayoko

4 hours ago, pacquiao said:

As far as I know he never, that's why the Chelsea medical team don't want to rush him back because they are worried if they do he could injure his knee again and this time require surgery 

When was he injured didn't he finish last season strong? 

3 minutes ago, Don Conte said:

Not at all. He played but wasnt 100 percent. he had a luiz style strap on his knee in the quater finals and semifinals in the champions league

Yea but I meant he was playing and had a strong performances, if you can play and strap it usually you need some recovery not a surgery, maybe they have assesed that he needs a good rest and some physio to get back to 100 percent, don't want to risk it being an issue for teh season,  I don't believe he had an operation. 

3 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Yea but I meant he was playing and had a strong performances, if you can play and strap it usually you need some recovery not a surgery, maybe they have assesed that he needs a good rest and some physio to get back to 100 percent, don't want to risk it being an issue for teh season,  I don't believe he had an operation. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4682852/Chelsea-transfer-target-Tiemoue-Bakayoko-teases-fans.html

He apparently had minor surgery at the end of the season and thats what delayed his transfer

Just now, Don Conte said:

Well hopefully cesc and kante stay injury free . This just shows that we need another cental midfielder with chalobah gone. 

Could be the case yea, I wouldn't mind one, I don't even want Matic to stay for teh cover, he brings very little most of teh time, need to freshen up. 

16 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Could be the case yea, I wouldn't mind one, I don't even want Matic to stay for teh cover, he brings very little most of teh time, need to freshen up. 

I know what you mean but i dont want him going to Man u. Their team is already powerful as it is especially their midfield

On 21/07/2017 at 22:51, DonAntonio said:

I disagree, i'd like to keep Matic around and think he's a bit underrated by most Chelsea fans. He doesn't look like he does much, and with the ball he isn't great, but when you need a presence to shore up midfield in the 80th minutes with a 1 goal lead, he's excellent. He doesn't make a lot of interceptions, or even tackles, because his positional awareness is very good, he covers passing lanes so well that the ball doesn't come near him. Unless we sign another 'wall' type reactive midfielder (as opposed to proactive terrier-types like Kante and hopefully Bakayoko) with better ball skill, i think it's be silly to let him leave, he still has a role to play in my mind. Just my thoughts though

51 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I disagree, i'd like to keep Matic around and think he's a bit underrated by most Chelsea fans. He doesn't look like he does much, and with the ball he isn't great, but when you need a presence to shore up midfield in the 80th minutes with a 1 goal lead, he's excellent. He doesn't make a lot of interceptions, or even tackles, the ball doesn't come near him because it's already passed him. Unless we sign another 'wall' type reactive midfielder (as opposed to proactive terrier-types like Kante and hopefully Bakayoko) with better ball skill, i think it's be silly to let him leave, he still has a role to play in my mind. Just my thoughts though

Fixed that for you :blush2:

12 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Fixed that for you :blush2:

I disagree, I like Matic as an option, not as a starter but as someone to be called upon to shore up the midfield, but i get where people are coming from thinking he's not good enough, I just think there aren't many other options out there to fill the role he plays

2 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I disagree, I like Matic as an option, not as a starter but as someone to be called upon to shore up the midfield, but i get where people are coming from thinking he's not good enough, I just think there aren't many other options out there to fill the role he plays

I was just mucking about mate, I agree and I've said before I think he'd be a good backup option to have, I just don't think we can turn down 40/50m for a soon to be 29 year old who isn't first choice anymore.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueBIH said:

Did we really buy an injured player who will miss the pre season? I mean i was very excited we got him, think he will suit Chelsea and the league very well.

We're operating with long term thinking, a small injury for his first pre-season is insignificant for a a player who is 22 and could easily spend a decade at the club if he fulfils his potential. 

Conte gave up on Matic to let Bakayoko show what he got, I liked Matic, we always could feel that he is on the pitch, doesn't matter for good or bad. Now let's wait and see how Bakayoko will prove himself. He has to fill up big boots in my opinion, but I do trust in him and Conte decisions, in Monaco he showed class performances and there is a reason he was hunted by big clubs. Let's hope we will enjoy seeing him play!

• coco unpinned this topic