havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

This player is limited. He's got no talent. Cannot pass the ball, cannot shoot, cannot dribble. He's got 0 feats to play deep or even as box-to-box. That means the only one position that suits him well is DM, already taken by our best player. But if you think he's good for this one, you better prepare yourself. He's been absolute rubbish in defensive part of the game. Cannot tackle, cannot hustle, cannot win the ball in the air, cannot restore the position when he's been passed by opponent, his positioning is to be always away from the ball. This player is literally one of the worst I've ever seen. Got exactly 0 strengths. I could name at least 3 things that Mikel's been doing well during his years in Chelsea. What exactly does Bakayoko do here? Nobody knows. 

Edited by Pendergast

1 minute ago, Amputechture said:

Question is, why does Conte insist on starting him? Board signing, therefore he must start?

I actually think he is a Conte signing hence him playing him so much. Bats was bought by board not Conte and he doesn't give him a sniff.

The signing to me was our most disastrous of the transfer season. And not because of the player's performances. I'm not one of the ones criticising him. He can do better but I think it was a pointless signing and I said so several times during the saga to sign him.

He had one, 1, a single season (Last season) where he broke into the Monaco team and played a blinder but we decide to buy him rather than play and improve Chalobah who before last season had played more professional football games than Bakayoko in a much more difficult league and had always put in a good performance when played in that position.

I still don't get it.

Conte is defensive coach. When he's worried for his job he starts to dig trenches. And Bakayoko, according to him, delivers something for our protection. But the reality is that he doesn't. Hes been absolute scandalous in our part of the pitch. I don't remember any contribution, any good tackle or clearance for the whole season. Plus he's lazy as hell. 

9 hours ago, Remodez said:

Wouldn't even mind him being this bad if he at least put in effort on the pitch. Just doesn't look arsed at all. 

Exactly, I think Lampard said something along the same lines on MOTD. If the fans can see you working hard you’ll get a bit of leeway. 

Had enough of this guy can't see him improving sell him next transfer window and get RLC back next season midfield should be

Kante

barkley                       loftus-cheek

AFAIK he's on £110k pw - a lot more than even Azpi'.

Can't be good for morale within the team to have someone so outstandingly poor to be earning that amount of dosh.

I think he could be a beast, just as yet he hasn't really found his role.

He thrives in a system where he has runners in all directions in front of him, creating space for him to power into and pick passes. At the moment he only has Hazard and Morata making runs in front of him, leaving him completely squashed. Give him Barkley instead of Fabregas as will likely happen and I think we'll see a much better player.

1 hour ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

I think he could be a beast, just as yet he hasn't really found his role.

He thrives in a system where he has runners in all directions in front of him, creating space for him to power into and pick passes. At the moment he only has Hazard and Morata making runs in front of him, leaving him completely squashed. Give him Barkley instead of Fabregas as will likely happen and I think we'll see a much better player.

Agree in some respects, I think our scouts or Conte got this wrong. I think they thought they were buying a box to box MF and instead have bought an attacking MF or at least one that defends only on the font foot. He seems to be good going forward both in riding challenges and getting down the pitch. After off loading he will even get in the box to try and score. I think the issue is he does not get back and win the ball or close down the opposition.

Can he change his game or are these his long term limitations we have to work with.

12 hours ago, venom2011 said:
17 hours ago, linesy91 said:
Why are we not playing Luiz at DM?  Great on the ball, offers a threat and has better defensive qualities than Bakayok-ohno

Luiz doesn't have the energy to get up and down. That's the sole reason for playing Bakayoko right now. At least two midfielders in the starting squad must be able to. If it's 343, both CMs must have the energy. If it's 352,that leaves Luiz and Fabregas vying for 1 spot. Most would go with Cesc in that regard.

It's hard to have less energy than bakayoko at the moment.  Luiz can still get around, he's not exactly low on energy? 

When sir frank speaks you listen ....

that had to be the worst performance by a Chelsea player I have seen in many a year

get him out of the club right now awful no tactical awareness no effort no skill so so bad

Just feck  off

Anyone can be made to look bad in an edited video clip. I'm not saying Bakayoko wasn't bad yesterday but I clearly remember when Matic was our worst midfielder according to some in here not so long ago.

Chelsea have spent money on him, let's try and make him better. No point in throwing money away as a bad investment after a few months.

2 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Anyone can be made to look bad in an edited video clip. I'm not saying Bakayoko wasn't bad yesterday but I clearly remember when Matic was our worst midfielder according to some in here not so long ago.

Chelsea have spent money on him, let's try and make him better. No point in throwing money away as a bad investment after a few months.

I agree. I think he deserves more time before people start calling him a "bad signing", not to mention he's still only 23 and started his Chelsea career off a really bad injury,  I was only a lurker on the forum then but I remember similar attitude towards Salah back in 2015 inside the Mohamed Salah thread and now look where he is now after we sold. We've had too many players leave the club in the past few years and succeed at other clubs, its time we start giving patience towards the players we've spent money on or find ways to work them into our team.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

I'm not buying the only 23 argument.

He's not just started playing football - its probably been his life since his early teens or even before that.

At times we are way to under-demanding of these very well paid young men - he's on £5-6 million pa plus whatever bonuses and image rights he gets and we are suggesting he needs to grow into the role.  At that sort of money I think they ought to bleed for the club every time they put on the shirt, not wander around the pitch aimlessly with a startled rabbit look on their face.

Back in the real world we expect someone to lead the whole country for £150k (ish) a year and look how much stick they get.

Putting him next to Kante highlights his bad performances even more. You see Kante giving his all every game, running around the pitch, making tackles and occasionally joining the attack......where is Bakayoko though ? yeah, he's barely noticeable, and when he does get the ball, he does little with it. Honestly, he looks scared for us. His confidence has taken a beaten and he's gone into hiding on the pitch. It's like he is looking for the team to take the pressure off him, but he needs to start performing for himself and get off of Kante's back, Kante can't carry him in every game.

36 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Putting him next to Kante highlights his bad performances even more. You see Kante giving his all every game, running around the pitch, making tackles and occasionally joining the attack......where is Bakayoko though ? yeah, he's barely noticeable, and when he does get the ball, he does little with it. Honestly, he looks scared for us. His confidence has taken a beaten and he's gone into hiding on the pitch. It's like he is looking for the team to take the pressure off him, but he needs to start performing for himself and get off of Kante's back, Kante can't carry him in every game.

I recall something similar being said when we played with Matic and Kante. Kante was described as running all over the pitch with Matic sat back in front of the back four. So we had a big gap in our midfield, in saying this we won the league with our new formation and without being in Europe.

I think Baka would be better in a midfield four, in a 4-4-2. Until we know what is happening with Conte I think it would be rash to move him on.

14 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I agree. I think he deserves more time before people start calling him a "bad signing", not to mention he's still only 23 and started his Chelsea career off a really bad injury,  I was only a lurker on the forum then but I remember similar attitude towards Salah back in 2015 inside the Mohamed Salah thread and now look where he is now after we sold. We've had too many players leave the club in the past few years and succeed at other clubs, its time we start giving patience towards the players we've spent money on or find ways to work them into our team.

Yeah this. We've already seen a few flashes of Baka looking dangerous and strong, driving through midfield. It's only been glimpses so far, but there's clearly talent there. He's just moved to a new country and league with a very different playing style and a much higher level of expectation and pressure. He needs the fans to get behind him and give him some support while he settles in. Maybe he won't work out, but it's way too early to make that kind of call just yet.

14 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

The difference is Salah barely played, just like Batsuayi.

Bakayoko has started 18 out of 23 of our games and I can only name a few of those games where he wasn't disappointing. And people have short memories when it came to Salah on both ends, he was actually good in his first 6 months here, watch his first start against Stoke away, after that he was pushed to the reserves which was cruelly done by Mourinho. And obviously his confidence was sabotaged that he didn't put in any good performances in the cup games, it's fair to say that now because you look at the player now and you can't believe it was the same player. 

Bakayoko it's completely different, even if you're a fan of Bakayoko and you have belief in him surely you don't agree with the playing time he's getting. It quite simply isn't working, the lad needs time off, he deliberately hides from the ball, and every time he receives the ball he's scared of f**king it up, his confidence is really down the gutter. And for a player who was heavily praised on his physical aspects he can't seem to keep up with the pace of the Premier League, he looks way out of his depth, if he is to become better it's going to take more than a season to become better. 

Like I said earlier, I know it sounds very cruel but I'm going to be brutally honest, I don't think I've ever seen a Chelsea midfielder who's as bad as he is on the pitch. Ramires came from Benfica at the age of 23 and he was very promising in his first season, he's a similar player to Bakayoko, Bakayoko at the moment doesn't look as good as Ramires, Ramires who was considered deadwood for the last 3 years. So it's quite clear that he needs to stop starting so many games, Conte is just beating a dead horse at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Yeah this. We've already seen a few flashes of Baka looking dangerous and strong, driving through midfield. It's only been glimpses so far, but there's clearly talent there. He's just moved to a new country and league with a very different playing style and a much higher level of expectation and pressure. He needs the fans to get behind him and give him some support while he settles in. Maybe he won't work out, but it's way too early to make that kind of call just yet.

Yes but consistency is key, showing glimpses isn't enough to say he's definitely got talent to be a good player.

Ramires did this in his first season at Chelsea against Manchester City, he was the same age as Bakayoko, new league, new surroundings. And what's Ramires considered now? I think this is a very fair comparison as far as comparisons go. I really want him to become a good player but I can't agree that we've seen signs of that definitely happening. I saw him running at United's defence with the ball and skipping past a few players, I also saw him being incredibly wasteful that game and if we didn't win it he would have been the scapegoat. 

Although i agree Bakayoko has been largely sh*te, i seem to remember reading a lot of stories online about him being poor when he first arrived at Monaco. They dropped him for a period, Maka had a word with him and he sharpened up his act. When he came back he was like a new signing. 

Might be what Chelsea needs to do, drop him for a bit and let Lamps/Ballack/any other past midfielder have some time with him. Teach him about the club and what we expect and what he should be doing on the pitch. What's the worst that can happen, it's not like he can get worse. 

Yeah, had a good few performances when he was dropped. Bossed the Man City game as well. 

We've failed to really make a similar kind of impact that we did in our title winning season and much of that is due to  the lack of transition between the midfield and attack, lack of creativity, and reliance on certain players

Only our defence looks good. Not really sure why we didn't go a multi dimensional player like Fabinho instead and keep RLC rather than Drinkwater. Weigl is a player I really like but I don't see him solving the transition issues that we currently have

The issue is, now that we have Barkley does this lower any chance of signing anybody else? We'll have too many midfielders by the end of the season.

Those thinking Bakayoko can't get any worse, think again. You need talent to get better, he doesn't have any. Infact, he does need some credit for his performance this season. I mean, it must've been extremely difficult to play as sh*te as he has played so far this season. He makes Mikel look decent. 

Edited by Famous CFC

51 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Those thinking Bakayoko can't get any worse, think again. You need talent to get better, he doesn't have any. Infact, he does need some credit for his performance this season. I mean, it must've been extremely difficult to play as sh*te as he has played so far this season. He makes Mikel look decent.

Been a while since a post showed so much ignorance.