havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

He needs to work on his finishing and decision making in the final third. For someone in his position, he sure does end up with plentiful chances, but has been awful when it comes to finishing or at least testing the keeper. I like the kid - and people need to remember that he is in fact 23 years of age and playing in England for the first time. Let him grow and develop, but he certainly does need to grow, learn and adapt. 

16 hours ago, goncalves229 said:

He needs to work on his finishing and decision making in the final third. For someone in his position, he sure does end up with plentiful chances, but has been awful when it comes to finishing or at least testing the keeper. I like the kid - and people need to remember that he is in fact 23 years of age and playing in England for the first time. Let him grow and develop, but he certainly does need to grow, learn and adapt. 

So does our number 1 striker lol

Back to his worst again tonight. I know other players were bad too, but this guy was lazier than i have ever seen him. He did nothing good for us, he looked anonymous throughout and it was like Kante was doing the running for him, something that Kante has been doing pretty much all season. Even when he did get the ball he put little effort in to keep it and help the team progress. It's a good job he is playing next to someone like Kante and not Dennis Wise because somebody like Wise would be screaming at him just to get him to wake up. He's a passenger.

There is a player in there, but the attitude stinks, he's just doesn't look interested enough to put the work in. 

I have been saying it all season, he is doing nothing that Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek couldn't have done. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Back to his worst again tonight. I know other players were bad too, but this guy was lazier than i have ever seen him. He did nothing good for us, he looked anonymous throughout and it was like Kante was doing the running for him, something that Kante has been doing pretty much all season. Even when he did get the ball he put little effort in to keep it and help the team progress. It's a good job he is playing next to someone like Kante and not Dennis Wise because somebody like Wise would be screaming at him just to get him to wake up. He's a passenger.

There is a player in there, but the attitude stinks, he's just doesn't look interested enough to put the work in. 

I have been saying it all season, he is doing nothing that Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek couldn't have done. 

For such a physical presence he fell down like a sack of sh*t for that second goal. 

Let's be honest here, we've been praising him for average games the past few weeks. That was the issue when we brought it up, don't get to the stage where we are overpraising him. Right now he's not good enough for any top 6 side, I dare say a top 10 side and like you said he's not an improvement on Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek at the moment. 

Definitely not an upgrade on Matic or looks to be improving beyond that level, and just from that it's massively disappointing. 

He's an average player and ultimately redundant with Kante in the side. A Kante partner has to combine the physical aspect with great technique and an ability to make quick, forward incisive passes and quick decisions on the ball. Chipping in with goals is also a bonus. Bakayoko has none of these qualities and it's not even his fault. Anyone who watched him in Monaco already knew it.

He's a terrible fit for us whether it's a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3. He's awful in either one as he lacks any sort of creativity, passing skills, goal threat and is an average defensive midfielder compared to Kante.  Why our board decided to prioritize his signing is truly beyond me and further speaks to their grotesque incompetence. 

The only thing he has going for him is that he's still young but Kante's presence at the club and Bakayoko's skill set casts a shroud of mystery as to his future as a CFC player. You just don't wake up and all of a sudden become a good playmaker and a capable goal-scorer having shown zero signs to ever be that at age 23. 

Edited by The Liquidator

16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

A Kante partner has to combine the physical aspect with great technique and an ability to make quick, forward incisive passes and quick decisions on the ball. Chipping in with goals is also a bonus.

This sounds like the perfect role for David Luiz to me ... especially as Conte doesn't seem to like him for centre back any more ... :-)

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

This sounds like the perfect role for David Luiz to me ... especially as Conte doesn't seem to like him for centre back any more ... :-)

Even David Luiz is not really that. He doesn't have the same calm and composure about him as a real CM would. We're one of the richest clubs in the world and just spent 40 mil on Bakayako ffs. Why can't we do our homework and sign a proper CM after all these years since Lamps? Maxime Gonalons in the games against Roma thoroughly outplayed our midfielders. Why can't we go for someone like that? What happened to our scouting network?

37 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

He's an average player and ultimately redundant with Kante in the side. A Kante partner has to combine the physical aspect with great technique and an ability to make quick, forward incisive passes and quick decisions on the ball. Chipping in with goals is also a bonus. Bakayoko has none of these qualities and it's not even his fault. Anyone who watched him in Monaco already knew it.

He's a terrible fit for us whether it's a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3. He's awful in either one as he lacks any sort of creativity, passing skills, goal threat and is an average defensive midfielder compared to Kante.  Why our board decided to prioritize his signing is truly beyond me and further speaks to their grotesque incompetence. 

The only thing he has going for him is that he's still young but Kante's presence at the club and Bakayoko's skill set casts a shroud of mystery as to his future as a CFC player. You just don't wake up and all of a sudden become a good playmaker and a capable goal-scorer having shown zero signs to ever be that at age 23. 

nail on the head.

A good partnership should mean one player makes up for the others flaws and vice versa. We basically needed a fabregas type player but with a bit of athleticism to play in a 2 man midfield in the premier league. Seri would've been perfect considering he has a buy out clause, less than we paid for either bakayoko or drinkwater. 

We don't have enough 'footballers' in the team, and it is so frustrating to watch hazard try to do everything. 

47 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I always wanted Luiz in midfield, If DW's true level is as average as his last few games then Luiz really is our best midfield partner for Kante. He has a good range of passing, joins in attack and uses his physicality well. 

I'm ok with him being garbage. But I'm not ok with him being lazy, indifferent and calm. I'm not. Please, get him the f**k out of the pitch, 'cuz I cant stand his face, the way he  walks('cuz he never run), the way he gets sweaty without even putting any effort to make a run. This player is just killing me, never thought one player could shrink a football club on his own, but this guy is one of a kind. 

9 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I always wanted Luiz in midfield, If DW's true level is as average as his last few games then Luiz really is our best midfield partner for Kante. He has a good range of passing, joins in attack and uses his physicality well. 

David Luiz was really underwhelming in the midfield position when Jose played him there, I don't want him in the midfield position again. 

"Who is the lanky guy in midfield? He just bumbles around and looks so lazy. Number 14?" 

A text from my sister last night, who watches football maybe twice a year.  

19 minutes ago, linesy91 said:

"Who is the lanky guy in midfield? He just bumbles around and looks so lazy. Number 14?" 

A text from my sister last night, who watches football maybe twice a year.  

Picture of the screenshot or i'm claiming that this didn't happen. 

Bakayoko is a waste of money. Yes, he can improve, but he's got so little to build on, I doubt he'll ever have enough to play for a top club. It seems he just happened to be in the right place at the right time at Monaco and fooled Emenalo(?) into believing he's some young prodigy. The real tragedy isn't that we've invested serious money in him but rather that we clearly counted on him to become a key player for the club for years to come and he looks as if he's discovered football two weeks ago, has a speed of a sloth and a zero game awareness. I remember posting about us being linked to him and saying he looked raw to me. Perhaps, I thought at the time, there's more to him. Turned out, there's less.

17 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Ethan ampadu

15 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

Yeah I dont buy the fact that Bakayoko wasnt someone Conte wanted. No player forced om Conte would get this many chances despite being absolute sh*t. Just look at Batshuayi. 

Exactly. All those people who believe conte has 0 say in signings lol. Does he get all his main targets? Clearly no or Vidal would be in midfield but if he did not want baka he would get the Batman treatment. If conte keeps picking a poor player is cause he rates him, not cause he is forced too.

Conte needs to play ampadu and hudson-odoi,  they cannot be as bad as baka and Pedro.

He had a bad game and generally speaking his style makes him look worse than he actually is. BTW it is also a reminder that players take a while to mature and expecting the home grown kids to change us overnight while not impossible is still unlikely to happen in the short term. If it's any consolation Spurs played rings around Matic last night and Pogba at 98 million wasn't much better.