havelschayes

Tiémoué Bakayoko

Utterly, unforgivably stupid. He has ranged from somewhat above average to consistently appalling (predominantly the latter) during his time here. Any midfielder possessing a brain (particularly one who has personally been trained by Claude Makélélé) should know not to make the challenge he attempted which inevitably led to the red. Both cards were caused by his own poor touches for what it's worth...

I have never said this before (except about Torres, and even then it was out of pity) - but I hope I never see him in a Chelsea shirt again. If in three years it turns out he's the next Essien (see: Salah) then blacklisting him would still be a good decision. Utterly, utterly appalling.

When he first started, I thought he had what he needed to be a superstar...but that was me seeing his physical capabilities.

Problem is, he doesn't have footballing intelligence. He's a disaster.

29 minutes ago, DaRick said:

Might be a controversial opinion after this horror show of a performance, but I still think Bakayoko has potential - for Monaco he proved that he was strong and somewhat energetic - but the difference is that at Chelsea he appears to have lost his ability to recycle possession under pressure, whereas at Monaco he could actually do this. 

Monaco's fans also warned us that he could be inconsistent and have lapses in concentration (plus his first touch was just OK at best) and unfortunately those warnings have been borne out by some awful recent performances (after what I thought was actually an OK start to his season). 

ATM too unreliable and unpolished to start for a club like Chelsea. 

They should have warned us he was consistent, consistently rubbish.

Can anyone put a clip together of Bakayoko's "Highlights" from last night. That cameo last night was pure comedy gold.

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Not very pleasant but if you've travelled away to see someone put in a performance like that and ruin the team's chances of getting anything out of it what do you expect?

I don't condone that sort of abuse at anyone but sadly I think that's the only attitude that'll get Conte to notice he must stop playing Bakayoko every game. 

Can't help but feel sorry for a player that gets this kind of chants thrown at him. It probably won't help his confidence.

Thank fvck I don't have a job where I'm under such public scrutiny :laugh2: (yes yes and being paid handsomely for it).

11 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

His second foul wasn't a yellow card, the red card was unfair, to be honest, but it doesn't clear his poor performance. Many mistakes with wrong decisions, poor passes. 

Neither was the first, really

10 hours ago, the special one said:

Makes Eddie Newton look world class.

Eddie Newton IS world class.  Still.  He hit my wife in the East Upper with a long pass once.

8 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Both cards were caused by his own poor touches for what it's worth...

True, but neither were yellow-card offences, just fecking clumsy.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Neither foul was a yellow for me and the pen would have been a booking for a dive if it was us.

However how bad was baka otherwise? Consistently putting Watford in on goal and misplacing the ball. Truly poor.

This.  But that doesn't excuse what most of us have identified as possibly the worst 30 minutes of any player in a Chelsea shirt in living memory.  I lost count of the number of excellent through balls he played to the Watford front line, and he has the first touch and delicacy of one of those grab-a-teddy claw things you used to get at the funfair.

As poor as he was last night, I did feel for him going off the pitch to have those chants ringing in his ears. No-one really deserves that.

In fact I think the supporters should in a way be thankful as last night they witnessed a 30 minutes it will be hard to forget and in years to come it will be something to tell the grand kids about. In years to come, when future generations are moaning about certain Chelsea players, we'll all be able to say, "you think he's bad - that's nothing. Back on the 5th February 2018, we were away at Watford and there was this bloke playing for us called Bakayoko and.....................................................!!"

14 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

66% pass completion during his short time on the pitch last night. 

Sunday league stuff. 

Actually that's probably a bit harsh on Big Dave from Dog & Duck FC.... Sorry Dave. 

To revisit an old joke, I don't remember him trying that many passes.

Genuine question. Surely he can't have been playing anywhere near as badly for Monaco last season. He must have had something to persuade the club to splash out for him?

Looking at last summer's other two major signings, despite the recent dip in form, I feel that Morata has the potential to be a world class striker, while Rudiger is at the very least a solid defender, who undoubtedly offers something to the side.

Bakayoko on the other hand, far from showing signs of settling in, has regressed, bypassing any settling in period, last night's performance being a 30 minute disaster of epic proportions. 

So with a little benefit of the doubt, assuming that there is an at least competent player in there somewhere, struggling in vain to get out, is it possible that Conte's training methods and/or treatment of Bakayoko have led to this latest low point? Bakayoko himself must know that he's been poor at best for most of the season, and so he might even be wondering why he continues to keep a place in the starting lineup. 

On a more general note, last night's game - or more accurately the last two games, need to be the low point of the season. From here on the only way is up. It has to be, otherwise I think we can all say so long Antonio.

7 minutes ago, Upsetter said:

So with a little benefit of the doubt, assuming that there is an at least competent player in there somewhere

Competence at the basics should be a given for £40m.

Send him away on loan, anywhere.  He is literally costing us goals and possibly games.  Obviously others need to improve too but he is by far and away the biggest liability.  

Poor ability can be excused, its not his fault the club spent 40m on a player who can't pass, control, shoot or tackle and has no football brain. Though whoever scouted him and recommended him should be fired. However what cannot be excused is laziness, not tracking runs, and not seeming to care what's going on.