We've lost another true blue..

Carshalton Blue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Fella from my area known as Wurzel sadly died this afternoon after suffering injuries from a brutal attack.

He was a Giant of a man in size & in heart & was well known at Chelsea, some of you might have known him.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/murder-investigation-launched-after-sutton-assault-victim-dies-208955

There's a fund raising page to raise some money for his granddaughter, https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Wurzel?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Yimbyprojectpage&utm_content=Wurzel&utm_campaign=projectpage-share-owner&utm_term=YDdVV22Mg

R.I.P to a Loyal blue.

Edited by Carshalton Blue

@Carshalton Blue  (why is this not working, I wonder?)

I hope you won't find this an inappropriate comment, CB, but what a handsome man your friend Wurzel was!  Truly gorgeous - with a very attractive smile!! I have donated a wee bit of money for Lily.  What a tragic shame that she will only ever know her Granddad in photographs.

On 24/12/2016 at 21:52, moi said:

@Carshalton Blue  (why is this not working, I wonder?)

I hope you won't find this an inappropriate comment, CB, but what a handsome man your friend Wurzel was!  Truly gorgeous - with a very attractive smile!! I have donated a wee bit of money for Lily.  What a tragic shame that she will only ever know her Granddad in photographs.

Lovely post moi, thanks for the donation & kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/01/2017 at 00:09, ddrblue said:

Lost contact with all the Chelsea lot I used to drink with ( the Adelaide pub lot)

meet wurzel a few times via the mates above ,that news as upset us no end.

RIP wurzel mate.

Hello mate nice to see your back on here, Elvis, Hippy, Bovver etc all still go to games.

15 hours ago, ddrblue said:

I stick me head in this part of the forum now and again just to see what's what tbh fella.

but  these days it's   allways  bad and upsetting news .

please do me a favour , let me know when the funeral is and I will try my upmost 

to get across .

I will do mate, investigations are still on going by plod at the mo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 01:07, ddrblue said:

I stick me head in this part of the forum now and again just to see what's what tbh fella.

but  these days it's   allways  bad and upsetting news .

please do me a favour , let me know when the funeral is and I will try my upmost 

to get across .

Here you go DDR,   Hi all,Carls body has finally been released.The Funeral is on Friday 24th February at All Saints Church Carshalton. Opposite the Ponds. It will  take place  at 215 pm. Followed by his cremation at Garth rd Crematorium. The Celebration of Carls Life will be at Carshalton Athletic FC. I will pass on updates as soon as I get them. Thanks.

23 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

Here you go DDR,   Hi all,Carls body has finally been released.The Funeral is on Friday 24th February at All Saints Church Carshalton. Opposite the Ponds. It will  take place  at 215 pm. Followed by his cremation at Garth rd Crematorium. The Celebration of Carls Life will be at Carshalton Athletic FC. I will pass on updates as soon as I get them. Thanks.

Thanks for that CB ,got a text from ginger ,Iam going to find it difficult getting across due to prior half term holiday plans with

family .

• 2 weeks later...

For personal reasons I couldn't make it yesterday, just got this from a mate of mine...  Unbelievable yesterday very emotional but what a turnout! About 500: Family, Chelsea, Cabbies (who did a procession in their cabs), Posties, Pub-associates & everyday friends. Palmerston, Coach, Wine bar, Greyhound, Railway all taken over before & after Funeral. All went really well with great eulogies in Church by Carl's Daughter & Mark Turpin then Wurzel's Brother Johnny did a great speech and recited a poem in the Crematorium. C.Q. O'Brien-RIP-Legend.

2 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

For personal reasons I couldn't make it yesterday, just got this from a mate of mine...  Unbelievable yesterday very emotional but what a turnout! About 500: Family, Chelsea, Cabbies (who did a procession in their cabs), Posties, Pub-associates & everyday friends. Palmerston, Coach, Wine bar, Greyhound, Railway all taken over before & after Funeral. All went really well with great eulogies in Church by Carl's Daughter & Mark Turpin then Wurzel's Brother Johnny did a great speech and recited a poem in the Crematorium. C.Q. O'Brien-RIP-Legend.

I am glad they gave Wurzel a good send off. Do you know what poem was read?