Alex Sandro

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So, in the last days, we've been linked with Alex Sandro, LB/LWB from Juventus.

In my opinion, he is in top 5 LB's in the world, class player and it would be incredible to have him. But we also have Marcos Alonso who looks very good, improving himself from game to game.

What do you think about this transfer?

http://www.gazzamercato.it/juventus/juventus-alex-sandro-fa-gola-a-real-e-chelsea-base-dasta-45-milioni/?refresh_ce-cp

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/chelsea-real-madrid-want-alex-sandro_294457.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

5 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Are not we targetting the wrong side? Honestly thing we dont need another LWB. RWB is where we should be concentrating.

In effect you are saying Marcos is better on the left, than Victor is on the right. Well I agree with you, upgrading the RWB position is definitely a higher priority. Even so, as long as it doesn't prevent us targeting more urgent needs, we should look at every opportunity to improve the squad.

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In effect you are saying Marcos is better on the left, than Victor is on the right. Well I agree with you, upgrading the RWB position is definitely a higher priority. Even so, as long as it doesn't prevent us targeting more urgent needs, we should look at every opportunity to improve the squad.

59 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If someone on Alex Sandro's level is available though you don't pass that up, i imagine we'd sign a RWB as well as

I totally understand the class of sandro, just seems a bit unfair to Alonso. 

He was improving per game. Ended a season (league) on a high. and now probably will be displaced from the team. Specially in world cup year. 

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

He was improving per game. Ended a season (league) on a high. and now probably will be displaced from the team. Specially in world cup year. 

Alonso offers real flexibility.  If I'm not mistaken he has been played as a left sided CB too in a back three over in Italy?  Not sure how good he was, but may be able to fill that hole as a skilled lcb

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

I reckon with Champions League football next season we will need backup for both Moses & Alonso and I truly believe rotation will be imperative. The full squad should get decent game time especially wing backs due to the excessive demands of the role. 

5 hours ago, didierforever said:

Cold decisions....but yea alonso has been outstanding and I've grown really fond of him, it's a shame but sandro would be an upgrade ,also can't see him getting in that Spain squad even if Jordi alba was out with an injury there are still 3 or 4 players ahead of him 

Yeah whilst I get it would be a real kick in the teeth for someone who has played so well this season. And don't particularly think Alonso needs upgrading.

If we were to sign Sandro or Alaba it would send a really strong message to the rest of the league and even players at the club that we mean business.

3 hours ago, timetowaste said:

The rumoured £40mil for a LWB is extortionate.

I disagree. 

Firstly, as painful as it is for us to hear for us mere mortals £40M really is nothing for a club like Chelsea. City have just paid close to that for a GK from the Portuguese league..

Secondly, a good LWB is so important. they're basically playing as a LM in our formation and we wouldn't even blink paying that much for a midfielder.