1 hour ago, didierforever said:

With Sandro out of the picture, realistically do you see any of this happening?

Also currently we have 5 CBs with Azpi and Rudiger, one RWB and one LWB. 7 players for 5 positions. Just not good enough or deep enough.

Whats worse is the fact that we can offer the same amount of money as well as a first team position and yet not get the desired player. 

Quite frankly on this occasion im happy we were gazumped for whatever reason it is. If we sign a new LWB i think we are well covered, 5 CB's and 3 WB's with two of the CB's capable of playing wing back and 1 of the wingback's capable of playing CB is enough cover given our fantastic medical department. Any more would lead to someone, likely Andreas, being "De Bruyned" and i don't think any of us want that.

Who? Well im hoping we pull the rabbit out of the hat with Sandro still (Luiz mark 1 circa 2011 looked dead yet came alive deadline day) but if not, at worse back up/competition for Alonso but there is surely a top class wing back somewhere not many of us have heard off (i didn't know Azpi from Adam until the links began).

14 minutes ago, Argo said:

Quite frankly on this occasion im happy we were gazumped for whatever reason it is. If we sign a new LWB i think we are well covered, 5 CB's and 3 WB's with two of the CB's capable of playing wing back and 1 of the wingback's capable of playing CB is enough cover given our fantastic medical department. Any more would lead to someone, likely Andreas, being "De Bruyned" and i don't think any of us want that.

Who? Well im hoping we pull the rabbit out of the hat with Sandro still (Luiz mark 1 circa 2011 looked dead yet came alive deadline day) but if not, at worse back up/competition for Alonso but there is surely a top class wing back somewhere not many of us have heard off (i didn't know Azpi from Adam until the links began).

I do still think there is something in this Sandro rumour. Matic has been left out of the squad for pre season, he's definitely off somewhere. The fact that he is still here makes me wonder if we are going to include him in a deal to sign somebody, that somebody could be Sandro.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I do still think there is something in this Sandro rumour. Matic has been left out of the squad for pre season, he's definitely off somewhere. The fact that he is still here makes me wonder if we are going to include him in a deal to sign somebody, that somebody could be Sandro.

If we can't get Sandro I'd be tempted to go to Utd and say he's yours in return for Shaw or Martial.

10 minutes ago, AndyBlue82 said:

I don't see Shaw having a future at Utd but I doubt Jose would let him come to us, unless we offered Matic and that's not happening.

Doubt it will happen but I'd be ok with a Magic-for-Shaw swap deal, as long as we signed another decent CM for squad depth.

2 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

If we can't get Sandro I'd be tempted to go to Utd and say he's yours in return for Shaw or Martial.

I'd rather take Martial. Shaw has been injured and continues to be injured for far too long now.

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

...Ashley Cole

True, i mean there are instances.  But every deal these days go something along the lines of this:

"team a" is very confident that a move for the highly rated "nation" "position" can happen this transfer window, but not without a high price.  Rumors are that it will cost "team a" "amount of money" plus "player from team a" to land "player from team b," say sources close to the situation. 

Very rarely does anything like that ever happen.  But I'm happy it did for us obviously. 

42 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

I've still got a feeling that the Sandro deal isn't dead yet...he hasn't signed that new contract Juve offered and the dangling of the Matic carrot may be decisive...

Marina sure loves to wait for when the other guys are weak in the knees

9 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

True, i mean there are instances.  But every deal these days go something along the lines of this:

"team a" is very confident that a move for the highly rated "nation" "position" can happen this transfer window, but not without a high price.  Rumors are that it will cost "team a" "amount of money" plus "player from team a" to land "player from team b," say sources close to the situation. 

Very rarely does anything like that ever happen.  But I'm happy it did for us obviously. 

It is rare but i think that's is because there are so many conditions and extra clauses in contracts today that it becomes too messy, you have agents to keep happy and the player might not want to go to the team you're swapping with, too many variables to make line up, it's easier just to sell and buy seperatly I suppose. But it is a possibility I guess that's why it's still reported, but they do report it at about 100 times the frequency it actually happens. 

17 minutes ago, MissouriBlue said:

What is interesting is that everyone was thinking when we looked nailed on for Danilo that it might help to tempt Sandro to us. Has noone thought maybe City are putting the pieces together before a massive bid for Sandro?

Possibly but we've got Matic to trade and they've got err...Delph?