Jump to content

IliyaKrostin

Alex Sandro

Recommended Posts


On 2017-7-26 at 05:25, enigma said:

i don't think it's worth our time buying an u21 player when we already have good young players. if tomori can develop as a wing back, i would be all for giving him the chance. unfortunately we will likely buy first team quality for wing back. there is a young lb in our youth system we bought from ajax (i think) who has looked very good from what i saw of him. 

Plus Jay DaSilva as well who captained England's U19 team. He could be an option very soon. 

There is no way Juve sell Sandro after they sell Bonucci. There would be a riot. Would be like us a few years ago selling JT and Ashley Cole in the same window.

I think we may have to either settle for a second tier option or look at a depth signing and reassess next season.

I've been saying Ghoulam from Napoli is the player but Hector or Bertrand would be experienced options as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Friday, The Times have an update on Chelsea’s pursuit of Alex Sandro. 

According to Matt Hughes: “Chelsea are hoping to seal a deal for Alex Sandro, the Juventus left back, after several weeks of pursuit. Juventus have been trying to fend off interest in their Brazil player but Chelsea are prepared to pay £61 million, which would set a world record for a defender for the third time in this transfer window and eclipse the £54 million Manchester City paid to sign Kyle Walker from Spurs.”

Edited by doctorblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I don't understand this "too expensive for a fullback" mindset. If the player is good, he'll be expensive, why is it ok to spend 60m on a striker or a midfielder, but not a fullback? All players contribute in their own way.

If Mendy is worth £52m, Sandro is easily £65m in my opinion.
Plus, it's not our money. Why do people care so much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I don't understand this "too expensive for a fullback" mindset. If the player is good, he'll be expensive, why is it ok to spend 60m on a striker or a midfielder, but not a fullback? All players contribute in their own way.

a striker scores goals though and arguably a lot more important to a team than a fullback. this is why it's important to bring youth through at some point otherwise we are just throwing money at players who may or may not be a success here. from what people have said about sandro, it seems the price may be justified, although who knows. when does it stop when it comes to paying high prices? we simply aren't real madrid or utd who can throw money around for fun, and with a stadium to build it's almost positive we need to tighten the budget. 

Edited by enigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fact he still hasn't signed a new deal Juventus haven't come out and say it's dead would suggest to me something is still happening in the background as for the money we are now in the generation of inflated prices due to TV money just get used to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TomCFC85 said:

If Mendy is worth £52m, Sandro is easily £65m in my opinion.
Plus, it's not our money. Why do people care so much? 

People care about the financial well being of the club. They don't want to see large sums of money squandered on overrated players. IDK how you could not care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help feeling that this will happen but we've been here before of course, with John Stones two years ago, who even handed in a transfer request, and with Koulibaly last year.

 

Regarding Koulibaly, I wonder why Napoli were able to resist an astronomical bid but Juventus seemingly aren't, even though Juve are a far more prestigious, powerful and richer club than Napoli? Maybe Sandro is pushing for the move far more than Koulibaly though you'd think the move would appeal to Koulibaly more, given the club he's at and the wages he must be on. Last summer, Koulibaly's contract had 3 years to run and this summer Sandro's contract has 3 years to run, and they're both the same age, so the circumstances are very similar. It surprises me that Juventus are considering this, if indeed they are, given he has 3 years to run and they've already sold two of their best defenders from last season. Maybe it's just the sum involved. Maybe it's too hard to refuse. Maybe the player is pushing for it and that's what's encouraging Chelsea. Maybe it's too difficult in this day and age to keep a player if he wants out, even if he has 3 years to run. You'd think Juve would just say we're not doing business and that would be that, or you'd think at the very least they could persuade Sandro to stay one more year before granting him a move. Maybe it's just all paper talk.

 

If we can pull it off, good. So far we haven't really improved the first-team much from last season, if at all, and that's not good enough considering there were obvious areas of weakness. Matic is a good player but hopefully Bakayoko's an upgrade but let's face it if Costa were settled we would have been perfectly happy with our CF, who plays the lone front man role so well when his head's right.

 

Moses and Alonso were excellent last season but they'll never be the world's best, and nor will Cahill, and nor will Pedro or Willian. All good players but there's 3 positions immediately where we could strengthen. WBs are vital in Conte's formation. They turn 3 attackers into 5 attackers and 3 defenders into 5 defenders, so I have no qualms about breaking the bank for one. Much as I like Alonso, bring Sandro in and you have to say we're addressing the number one issue: make the first eleven stronger, no ifs buts or maybes, make it stronger.

 

If you say Morata and Costa are a like-for-like swap (for argument's sake) we haven't strengthened our attack, whereas all our rivals (barring Tottenham) have. Bring in Sandro and suddenly we have.

 

Regarding other signings, I still feel Llorente will come in, and a RWB-cum-CM or maybe both. That could mean as many as 4 new arrivals, including Sandro. We can but hope. Our squad is too small right now and should be stronger. Considering how badly we need WBs it beggars belief that City have managed to sign 3. That's just careless on our part or so it seems. I think the signing of Sandro would make everybody (bar Alonso) feel a lot better and should go a long way to appeasing the manager.

 

Conte values WBs and Sandro is his man. If we get him for big money that's an awfully strong show of support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigma said:

a striker scores goals though and arguably a lot more important to a team than a fullback. 

That wholly depends on the tactics and systems a team employs. A striker's main job is to finish passages of play, the build up and transition of the team from defence to attack is facillitated by a team's system. In our system, the fullbacks act as auxiliary wingers/forwards especially in the manipulation of space of the field as well as pinning back forwards and fullbacks alike. In a team like ours that employs a 3 at the back, wingbacks contribute to passages of play varying from defence to midfield to attack. 

From the Bayern game, you can see that when our fullbacks aren't on it, the service becomes dire, the midfielders have no passing options which often results in Cahill/Luiz lumping it to the strikers. 

In our system, each player is important and depends on each other to function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Davey Baby Juventus under Marotta has always adopted a rotating door policy. From what I've seen, they barely keep their WC stars. 

Their team went from having the 1 of the best midfield to 1 of the best defensive line to what it is today in a few short years.

They could have had this team:

Buffon, Alves, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Sandro, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Higuain and Dybala with subs including Pirlo, Benatia, Cuadrado among others.

If a player wants out, they let them go without a lot of fuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 06:50, T-val said:

Enough of this pipe dream, we aren't signing this guy.

I have been saying this since May. No way we spend 60 million or more on a wing back and peeps wanted to take my head off. Even our record transfer morata is technically 59M , even though i am sure it will rise due to his quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, doctorblue said:

On Friday, The Times have an update on Chelsea’s pursuit of Alex Sandro. 

According to Matt Hughes: “Chelsea are hoping to seal a deal for Alex Sandro, the Juventus left back, after several weeks of pursuit. Juventus have been trying to fend off interest in their Brazil player but Chelsea are prepared to pay £61 million, which would set a world record for a defender for the third time in this transfer window and eclipse the £54 million Manchester City paid to sign Kyle Walker from Spurs.”

Matt Hughes was a brilliant Welterweight, as for a a sports journalist... an update it is not,  that's unfortunately the same info we have had for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...